vCash

Johnny Weir Six-Time Tweet of Week Winner!

Universal Sports announced that Johnny Weir wins tweet of the week for the sixth time for the following:

"Had the strangest dream that in addition to Galina, Tom Brady was on my coaching team. Football on an ice rink? Off to practice..."

I have a sneaking suspicion, JW might be referencing another fs athlete's football analogy.

Well, what with the belief by some (i.e., recent statement by another skater in the news) that male skaters are "more athletic" than female skaters ... male skaters referencing other bball sports may become de rigueur in the skating world. What I'd like to see de rigueur is fs demonstrating the great things about this sport/art, and showing that fs athletes are more fit and more coordinated than other athletes. Also that figure skaters are not only powerful, graceful, cool, record-breaking, and "tough" but whether male or female.

vCash
    This reminds me of a show program Eric Millot once had in 1998, playing soccer (European football) on ice. I've never actually seen that program, but 'Patinage' magazine had a page long colour photo of Millot kicking a football on ice in a soccer outfit. The program is mentioned here in the profressional skating list:

http://millotfan.tripod.com/programs.html

I gave away that magazine to someone on this board in 2006 if I remember well. I was getting rid of my skating books and magazines, didn't want to throw them away. Perhaps it was the issue with Lipinski on cover (pic of her Nagano lp). Or perhaps it was the issue with himself on cover, the issues are mentioned on Wiki and he's on cover of no. 63.