View Poll Results: What type of Partnership would you want?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A plain match-up just from my coach.

7 50.00%
  • A Brother/Sister Partnership with my Sibling.

1 7.14%
  • A Partnership with a Friend

6 42.86%
  • A partnership with a Family Friend.

1 7.14%
  • A partnership with a Schoolmate.

1 7.14%
  • A Partnership with a Workmate

0 0%
  • Other.

5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

If you wanted a Skating Partner,what type of arranged Partnership would you want?

Ok.....I don't think we've ever talked about this. But what I want to ask you all today is...if you wanted a Skating Partner....what type of Partnership would you want? Please mark all that apply. Please include if you would do Dance or Pairs. I myself would do Both Pairs and Dance. If I had to choose though. I'd say Dance.
    Last edited by FSWer; 09-22-2011 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    I think the most important thing would be someone I could skate with and who I got along with. It wouldn't really matter who introduced me to them or how I met them.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I put partnership with a friend and it would be for dance.
    I already skated with my brother and that ain't happening again (he hasn't skated since we quit competing and is now a cop). It's certainly easy when you skate with a sibling because there's always mom and dad to referee but now I'd want to skate with a friend because since I'm an adult skating is purely for fun.

vCash
    I voted "other" because I want my rich daddy to find me a Russian Hunk pair partner, and pay my expenses while I live and train in St. Petersburg. (wink)
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I voted "other" because I want my rich daddy to find me a Russian Hunk pair partner, and pay my expenses while I live and train in St. Petersburg. (wink)
    Ditto!

vCash
    I would do both pairs and dance if I got the opportunity, but I love ice dance so I would pick that over pairs. I'm working on my pre-silver dances, and I've tested the standard track and solo track, but there are no ice dancing males in my area except one, and he's not interested in competing with a partner, plus he's on a lower level for dance than I am.

I wouldn't care, I just would love to find an ice dance partner. Any kind of match-up would work, I'd be okay with anything. Of course a friend would be nice, but like I said, there are no male dancers around here except that one.

vCash

Poll

Probably Free although I sometimes do dance pairs for compulsory dances xx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synchkat View Post
    I put partnership with a friend and it would be for dance.
    I already skated with my brother and that ain't happening again (he hasn't skated since we quit competing and is now a cop). It's certainly easy when you skate with a sibling because there's always mom and dad to referee but now I'd want to skate with a friend because since I'm an adult skating is purely for fun.
    Absolutely. That's my case.
    But it's not only a matter of friendship. I need to feel good and comfortable, and it's harder to find than just a friend. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Absolutely. That's my case.
    But it's not only a matter of friendship. I need to feel good and comfortable, and it's harder to find than just a friend. lol
    So true to the bolded. You don't want skating with a partner to be a "chore".