Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    So it also depends on what you're doing with your body. To be fair, most of us aren't training on Michael Phelps's level and aren't aiming to get huge muscles.
    Precisely. Yeah, there will be the fair few who are seriously training or exercizing a to and actually need 3000+ calories a day.

However, I do not define 'eating healthy' as eating so much 'healthy food' that you're going to be gaining a stone a month.

Eating healthy (overall) is eating healthy food at a reasonable amount. The reasonable amount is different for everybody, and you have to learn for yourself what that reasonable amount is.

I would think that would be obvious, but apparently not.

vCash
    My hubby has to eat at least 3500 calories a day or he'll drop weight. He does weight lifting M-F and his job is physical work. He can just sit down and manage but he prefers to run around the dock making sure everything is loaded in the trucks correctly. He also plays/coaches basketball on weekends. He does have a high metabolism and sheds weight almost at will... so jealous, lol

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    My hubby has to eat at least 3500 calories a day or he'll drop weight. He does weight lifting M-F and his job is physical work. He can just sit down and manage but he prefers to run around the dock making sure everything is loaded in the trucks correctly. He also plays/coaches basketball on weekends. He does have a high metabolism and sheds weight almost at will... so jealous, lol
    Ehhh it's not very fun when you have to eat that much - it becomes a chore. I love food, but I really can't eat very much at once. That and I'm already an outrageously slow eater so if I were to try and get all those calories, I'd pretty much be eating every second I'm not sleeping. And yeah, from talking to the serious weightlifters, it does seem they ARE eating every second they're not sleeping or working out. It's a lot of work to do that too.

vCash
    You're right, it is a lot of work. We have to plan his meals and look at labels closely. Since he has to eat so much we have to be very careful with how much saturated fat/cholesterol/sodium, etc. is in the food. He has this big cooler filled with food when he goes to work. He also drinks protein shakes.... a lot of work.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Eating 3000+ calories a day isn't eating healthy.
    But she didn't say it was. She said exactly "You can be eating 3000+ calories of all healthy foods and that sure isn't going to lead to weight loss."

So I think you guys are in violent agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Ehhh it's not very fun when you have to eat that much - it becomes a chore.
    It definitely does become a chore! I have about 1 month a year where I am totally sick of eating because my calorie requirements get so high.

I've learned to eat foods with a higher calorie level per volume and that helps. It's the exact opposite of what you do when you are trying to lose weight though so it takes some mental gymnastics to get used to it.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Oh, later on I was sent a link to this article that speaks to what we are talking about.

http://www.rachelcosgrove.com/2010/0...lthy-fat-loss/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456