Oh there are so many things to list. You have all said some really good ones and I guess most of mine are similar.
1. Any Pairs lift that has a catch foot position or the woman has wonky bent up leg position. Please. So ugly! So unnecessary! It ruins the line of what could be a beautiful lift position.
2. Any catch foot or switch of arm hold in a death spiral. Please make this stop. The positions are ugly, the man looks like he's trying to dislocate the girl's shoulder, and once the man switches arms the death spiral slows down so much it looks like he's dragging a large sack of dead fish across the ice.
3. Pairs footwork sequences have become ridiculous. Sure make it tougher for them, but this is not ice dancing.
4. I hate the circular SBS work required in ice dance this year.
5. The dog peeing position on spirals is .
6. The whole upper body emphasis on the footwork sequence for singles. Yes, Evan can flap his arms around. Plushenko can flail with the best of them. They all look like chickens trying to shake off their feathers during molting season.
7. If you cannot do a proper Ina Bauer, do not even try it.
8. What is that spin position called where the skater curls up in a ball like there is a Cold War bomb drill going on? Whatever it's called, I hate it.
CoP is good in some ways, but IMO it has marred a lot of what was beautiful about skating. Or maybe I'm just really grumpy today.
Back to the topic, there isn't any one move that I just plain hate, it's the way skaters perform the move that makes the difference. For example, when Sandhu did the "butt spin" it looked phenomenal. When everyone else does it...yuck. Irina Slutskaya and AP McDonough had gorgeous catchfoot laybacks in the 2000's, while Carolina Kostner's at SA last weekend was heinous. Yukari Nakano had a catch-camel that wouldn't quit, Ryan Bradley had one the made me wish he'd quit (skating). The list goes on and on.
The only thing that really bugs me is the dog pee spiral.
AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan
There's nothing I really hate on every skater. In fact, it depends on the skater. If done beautifully, I even can like the dog peeing position on spiral. lol
Anyway, one thing I hate on everyone is frantic moves during footworks, and too much posing in a program (so, you see I don't like Plushenko's or Amodio's style !)
OK, between the "stuffed turkeys" and the "Virginia hams," I'm getting really hungry.
Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"
Must vote for (=against) those two classics:
A-spins. Makes me want to give whoever's doing one a good kick in the arse that is so kindly proffered.
The "pissing dog spiral". Requires no explanation.
And adding: any "gynecological lift" as frequently seen in ice-dance. Especially the one when the woman looks like she's strangling the guy between her thighs. Especially when performed by siblings.
Any spin executed by Kevin Van Der Perren. And I mean executed as in "murdered".
Touching the void.
It's nice to see so many posters like to see nice extensions, and don't like the catch foot on just about everything. It really bothers me to see skaters completely ignoring positions/postures/lines/extensions. I don't care how many throws or jumps they land or how complex their lifts are if they cannot pay attention to these things that make skating so beautiful to watch. Also, it takes more skills to maintain those positions while executing difficult moves, so it's not just for the aesthetic reasons. That's a level of difficulty they are not getting credit for, so they just ignore it.
This is the worst thing about COP, in all 4 categories, people are generally codewhoring with no regard for the overall look and feel of the programme. Slimy Morozov is a specialist, which is why he's going to be all over Team Russia all the way to Sochi, to my despair.
We have a bean-counter's system that just ignores what isn't easy to quantify and that sucks.
Touching the void.
Don't get me started on the way they grade the "basic skating skills" either...