vCash

Did I miss something?

Did I miss an announcement from the ISU?
    Was there a rule change for the pairs and their single spins?
    I watched the pairs programs from skate America and noticed NONE of the pairs did individual spins in unison. I always thought this was an important part of the pairs programs, showing unison and how in-sync the skaters are to each other. So, they cut them out?
    It was a requirement last year, wasn't it?

vCash
    They have alternate year requirements. This year there isn't any pairs spin.

vCash
    I asked the same ?? last year. I think it totally sucks. One of the top signs of a well-matched pairs team was the SBS spins. I think the footwork sequences now are bloated. I miss the SBS spins and the spiral sequences. If I want to watch skilled footwork, I'll watch dance. Most of the pairs' footwork makes me yawn. Same with the ladies. I miss the spirals as well.

vCash
    Watch the free skate, that's where they all went.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    I asked the same ?? last year. I think it totally sucks. One of the top signs of a well-matched pairs team was the SBS spins. I think the footwork sequences now are bloated. I miss the SBS spins and the spiral sequences. If I want to watch skilled footwork, I'll watch dance. Most of the pairs' footwork makes me yawn. Same with the ladies. I miss the spirals as well.
    I wish these changes would be an impetus for pairs to improve their footwork.