Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    If there is a God and he/she gives a shit about whether or not some snowboarder dudes stay in a race for a million dollars then his/her priorities are well and truly fcucked up.

Clearly, you know nothing about Christianity.

But anyway, Ma/Pa for the win!
    Last edited by Jenna; 10-26-2011 at 09:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    The TAR curse strikes again.
    At this point, I'm perfectly fine with them mostly ignoring Canada (except the season that shall not be named).

(((Bangkok)))

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    But anyway, Ma/Pa for the win!
    That would be too too funny! When the show first started I was watching with my mom and after watching only 1/2 the show she was like "they will be off first, they are too old!". I told her not so fast ... you just never know on this show the events that can transpire to keep the old folks in! It would be too funny if there's a foot race to the final mat between Ma/Pa and the boarders and Ma/Pa got there first. That would be priceless!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Yes. However, Jennifer was responding to the same question without coming across like a tool. Which, if you think about it, is kind of incredible.
    I know! Really amazing!

They're implying that the one, true God is one, true God for all.
    What they were implying is that there is only one true God (theirs) and Buddhists don't pray to that one true God and therefore are so very wrong and anyone with a clue would know this if they read the Bible, cuz, as anyone who has a clue also knows, the Bible is the word of the one true God, and too bad these poor Buddhists don't know what we wonderful Christians know.

Buddha isn't a god and Buddhism isn't one of the monotheistic religions. There's no way that the Boarders were saying, hey isn't it great that we're all praying to the same one true God.

Wow, my interpretation was that the Bible states that there is one, true God for all regardless of religion.
    That may be your interpretation and you seem quite intent on believing that. But, do you realize that even if that was what they really had said, such a belief is inconsistent with many other religions and such a statement necessarily rejects those religions, including Buddhism? What they were saying was in no way along the lines of "hey, we all believe in the same God and doesn't that get you stoked dude?"

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    If there is a God and he/she gives a shit about whether or not some snowboarder dudes stay in a race for a million dollars then his/her priorities are well and truly fcucked up.
    Yes. I think God was focusing on the miracle of Alissa winning Skate America.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Which is what She should be doing, of course
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Prick Admin
    vCash

Clearly, you have reading and listening comprehension issues and a complete lack of cultural sensitivity towards people of different faiths.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash

I guess I don't, either. I can't see bugging God to help me win a silly game show, or that God would favor me over other contestents, or that God wouldn't be busy helping the sick, the poor, and the disaster-stricken.

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate
    YES!

vCash
    We should probably get off the religious angle, because we aren't going to agree.

The Bible is full of contradictions that have been spun in and out of context for thousands of years.

While I, personally, wouldn't ask God about winning the Amazing Race, there are lots of scriptures about asking God for what your heart desires and receiving just that. Clearly, others feel justified. However, there is one in particular where Solomon speaks to God and asks for wisdom and He grants it to him because he specifically did not ask for wealth; he was was given a wise and understanding heart...and that there would never be anyone else like him before or since.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    By the way, that one true God of the Bible - is that the harsh punitive God of the Old Testament or the loving, turn the other cheek God of the New Testament?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    By the way, that one true God of the Bible - is that the harsh punitive God of the Old Testament or the loving, turn the other cheek God of the New Testament?
    Another contradiction.....
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345