Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I finally watched the gpf fd, and wow what a performance. The program keeps growing and growing until the end, it is so beautifully constructed, and what an emotional impact! I hope they earn a world medal at some point in their careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    A little off the current topic, but they tweeted today:

WeaverPoje (http://twitter.com/#!/WeaverPoje)
    Currently taking new Exhibition program suggestions/ideas!!!

Tweet them your ideas if you have them.
    I don't have twitter but last summer I saw the Cirque du Soleil's show "Totem" and there's a part where two trapezist are dancing on one trapeze on this music (here you can see some parts of it), and I think it could be perfect for a tango program in ice dance.
    Can please someone tweet it? Thanks

vCash
    I have a fondness for more contemporary music for exhibitions....two that come to mind, which are kind of sexy: "Let's give 'em Something to Talk About" and "Layla" (unplugged).
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I too like "Let's give them something to talk about. " I thought it would be good when everyone was complaining about her strap.

But if they want to really melt the ice , I suggest "I Ain't Never Loved a Man " ( the way that I love you )..Aretha Franklin.Wish I could tweet ..I'd fire that right off.

Of course ,It's probably too long for an ex..but this is the team that could really do a number on Slaughter on 10th Avenue. ( I know it's a chestnut,but I'm just sayin'...)

ETA..Oh,oh..now I can't stop myself..as long as I mentioned the Queen of Soul "Baby I love You" would be a lot of fun, with maybe a bit more back and forth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J82b8...eature=related

Pass it on...
    Last edited by Pratfall; 12-16-2011 at 04:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I have a fondness for more contemporary music for exhibitions....two that come to mind, which are kind of sexy: "Let's give 'em Something to Talk About" and "Layla" (unplugged).
    I would love it if they did "Layla." I hope you contact them with your suggestion. I always love their exhibition programs: you can tell they put a lot into them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I would love it if they did "Layla."
    Yes, but the original song was so much better than the "unplugged" version, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I would love it if they did "Layla." I hope you contact them with your suggestion. I always love their exhibition programs: you can tell they put a lot into them.
    I would but I don't know how.....maybe they read this thread . I like the unplugged version of Layla because it has somewhat of a "stripper" beat .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    jtpc - apparently not, since they did actually beat P&B in FD TES, making me wonder why W&P are not being rewarded properly esp when they DO also skate lights out and still the performance execution mark thru PCS does not do a good job at reflecting at the very least, their special clearly superior effort in that area.

I think the Canadian audiences at the GPF were pretty fair, they always responded positively to well skated programs (No MATTER WHO WAS SKATING THEM, EVEN THE DIRECT COMPETITORS to the Canadian skater's as evidenced by the enthusiastic crowd reactions) so one can't say it was strictly because W&P were skating in Canada. It was apparent to the quite knowledgeable audience, that the French team just did not skate with their usual flair, or performance quality in the FD segment and the audience quite subdued response to them, reflected that, esp after being so completely captivated by W&P. It's not only Canadians that have been clapping and cheering for W&P, but audiences around the globe have been responding positively to their FD performances over the last 2 seasons...

vCash
    Two pics from SCI by Melanie Hoyt I think posted at skateontario.org

http://www.skateontario.org/wp-conte...-1028-5438.jpg

http://www.skateontario.org/wp-conte...-1030-1752.jpg

vCash
    I'm so excited to watch W/P this season, they brought up their A game at the GPF. I like both P/B and W/P, it's hard to decide whom I should root for for the world bronze medal next year, wish ISU could recognize the top 4 like US Nationals .

vCash
    Their dedication and hard work when it looked as though there might not be hope (to move up)absolutely inspire me! Their progress is amazing and as a team they are unique and breathtaking!

vCash
    I too love Weaver and Poje and I am so happy they are on the rise. I find their two programs to be my absolute favourites this year. I am not heartsick but I do get a huge lump in my throat when I watch their free dance to "Je Suis Malade". I even love the hanging strap - which to me really helps portray the mood they are going for. Fingers crossed for Worlds.
    pug lover

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    THIS!! I have been hoping for a team to do a Dance Gala number to this for years now and it would be perfect for Kaitlyn and Andrew. I'm also not on Twitter, but would love it if someone in the thread that does could suggest it on my behalf please and thank you.

edited to add...I was so excited when I saw the suggestion of the unplugged version of Layla, that I forgot to add this.

When Kaitlyn first started skating w/Andrew and competiting at Canadians for our Section/Northern Ontario, Dad was wondering why I was so surprised by that. When I told him the story of how they'd gotten together and that Andrew's really from the Kitchener-Waterloo area, which is why the surprise from me of them representing us here in the North, Dad says...

Oh well...No big deal and Texas' loss looks to be our gain. She's our Northeastern Ontario transplanted Texas Rose
    That has since turned into "Our Northern Texas Rose", but it's stuck w/him and in this house ever since.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 12-18-2011 at 08:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    THIS!! I have been hoping for a team to do a Dance Gala number to this for years now and it would be perfect for Kaitlyn and Andrew. I'm also not on Twitter, but would love it if someone in the thread that does could suggest it on my behalf please and thank you.

edited to add...I was so excited when I saw the suggestion of the unplugged version of Layla, that I forgot to add this.

When Kaitlyn first started skating w/Andrew and competiting at Canadians for our Section/Northern Ontario, Dad was wondering why I was so surprised by that. When I told him the story of how they'd gotten together and that Andrew's really from the Kitchener-Waterloo area, which is why the surprise from me of them representing us here in the North, Dad says...

That has since turned into "Our Northern Texas Rose", but it's stuck w/him and in this house ever since.
    That's too cute!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I'm also not on Twitter, but would love it if someone in the thread that does could suggest it on my behalf please and thank you.
    You can send them a message on their official website, I did and Kaitlyn answered back

vCash
    Just found a cute article about W/P and their plans for Christmas celebrations on ice network. Enjoy!

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Loved it- adorable! Kaitlyn and Andrew seem very close.. I love the traditions they have together Both families seem to get along well, just like the Virtue/Moir families. Cute article!

vCash
    I loved the way the word platonically was used just in case any of us get any ideas

vCash
    I love the way they connect on the ice....I would have thought they were a couple by now, but it just proves that they are talented actors like V/M. . Cudo's to them for fooling us
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I loved the way the word platonically was used just in case any of us get any ideas
    Well, reading about their shared holiday traditions does kind of make your mind go there lol. I have always wondered about these two, actually. I guess this answers my question. They really are excellent actors.

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast