Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm so happy to see these two back in competition! I can't wait to see the changes they've made to the their free dance.

vCash
    Bravi W/P! Wonderful to see them back, and see them skating with so much joy ( and so well technically). That quote at the end of V/M article had me all emotional:

“It was probably 90% I wouldn’t be able to be here, but I clung onto that 10% like nobody’s business. I didn’t want to think of the alternative,” said Weaver.
    “First we dreamt that we’d make it here, and we did. And then we dreamt that we’d have the skate of our lives, and we did. All our silver linings are coming together. That’s the moment you live for, right there. It was everything.”

( article here http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...kating-worlds/)

Wishing Kaitlyn and Andrew a great Free Dance, and most importantly to stay injury- free.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    They didn't rock the House tonight.

They brought it DOWN!! W/out a doubt, the skate of the night and I am so thrilled for them and proud of them. Regardless of what else happens this week, *no one* can ever take that moment away from them.

Here's to more of the same in the FD!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Bravi W/P! Wonderful to see them back, and see them skating with so much joy ( and so well technically). That quote at the end of V/M article had me all emotional:

“It was probably 90% I wouldn’t be able to be here, but I clung onto that 10% like nobody’s business. I didn’t want to think of the alternative,” said Weaver.
    “First we dreamt that we’d make it here, and we did. And then we dreamt that we’d have the skate of our lives, and we did. All our silver linings are coming together. That’s the moment you live for, right there. It was everything.”

( article here http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...kating-worlds/)

Wishing Kaitlyn and Andrew a great Free Dance, and most importantly to stay injury- free.
    What a wonderful quote. They were definitely the emotional high point of Worlds so far (scariest too) and I loved hearing the crowd welcome them back. I was very anxious watching them, but they came through blazing. Hope they have a brilliant, safe Free!

vCash
    I've watched that 4 or 5 times now and wept every time ! .. What a fabulous comeback ! I just love them and hope the FD is just as rewarding for them , emotionally ...and more rewarding in the marks !

vCash
    Well...I was bawling too. Along w/screaming for joy and jumping up and down in front of my TV.

Of all the things I expected from them tonight, that was not what I expected and I'm so glad it wasn't too. I really thought we'd see a cautious and careful performance from them considering and also a wee bit of rust. Instead, they went out and ROCKED the House!!! PJ picked it as the performance of the day on the coverage on Bold and ITA w/her. It really was the performance of the night and then some!!

Just...WOW!!

Can't wait to see the FD, as I thought all the way back in the Fall it could be something very special come this time. I loved it then and can't wait to see it in a couple of days time. All the luck in the World to them in the FD!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    They didn't rock the House tonight.

They brought it DOWN!! W/out a doubt, the skate of the night and I am so thrilled for them and proud of them. Regardless of what else happens this week, *no one* can ever take that moment away from them.

Here's to more of the same in the FD!!!

vCash
    what a triumph for W&P! Congratulations! I'm so happy for them Now go out and rock that FD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I've watched that 4 or 5 times now and wept every time ! .. What a fabulous comeback ! I just love them and hope the FD is just as rewarding for them , emotionally ...and more rewarding in the marks !
    THIS!!!!!!!!

vCash
    http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Figu...ID/2344631557/

interview

geoblocked I guess since I can't see it

vCash
    Their FD was beautiful. That curve lift was one of the highlights of the dance year. She looked like a pre-Raphaelite beauty. Just gorgeous work.

vCash
    They were amazing and I loved the new version of their FD. Considering that they only trained for 4 weeks,they had really good scores. This means that the judges didn't forget about them.

vCash
    I think they have a real shot at the Olympic bronze next year. Also shows how silly a few Piper & Poirier pre Worlds to suggest W&P shouldnt have gotten the bye. It P&P who would be out of any chance at all of making it to the Olympics next year had W&P not competed, W&P saved their asses as P&P did not get that 3rd spot with their finish.

vCash
    I thought that Weaver and Poje were shafted and should have been #4 over Anna and Luca

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I thought that Weaver and Poje were shafted and should have been #4 over Anna and Luca
    I am amazed that W/P were even so close to C/L and B/S. Kaitlyn and Andrew lost a lot of training compared to them. I wonder what kind of scores they would have got without that injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I actually thought Anna & Luca deserved the bronze over Bobrova & Soloviev. I think W&Ps placing was correct. They were robbed of the bronze in 2011, and maybe even 2012, but werent at their best this year, understandably, but an amazing effort given that it was unlikely for them to even compete here.

vCash
    Hmm, should W/P they hold on to this FD for the Olympic season?

vCash
    Not at their best? I find that funny considering I think this week is the first time I've ever seen them skate w/the same amount of speed as D/W and V/M. Also, Kaitlyn looked so incredably fit and due to that and all the work she put in the Physio to be as ready as they could be and did that ever show out there both today and Thursday. The only thing that could not be fixed w/that small a time frame were to change the levels on the step seq's and only time and run throughs could have fixed that, which they did not have.

To me, Kaitlyn and Andrew are the highlights of Worlds for me so far and AFAIC, the marks and placements? I could care less and I have a feeling they feel the same. They pulled one hell of a rabbit out of a hat and then some. Out of all the skaters today, they won far more than a medal or high placement.

Could not be more proud to be their fan or to have them represent Northern Ontario on the National and World Stage. Even if they aren't technically from here, they skate for NOS, so...

Congratulations to one amazing team and two incredably classy people. I can NOT wait to see how they build on this next Season!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Not at their best? I find that funny considering I think this week is the first time I've ever seen them skate w/the same amount of speed as D/W and V/M. Also, Kaitlyn looked so incredably fit and due to that and all the work she put in the Physio to be as ready as they could be and did that ever show out there both today and Thursday. The only thing that could not be fixed w/that small a time frame were to change the levels on the step seq's and only time and run throughs could have fixed that, which they did not have.

To me, Kaitlyn and Andrew are the highlights of Worlds for me so far and AFAIC, the marks and placements? I could care less and I have a feeling they feel the same. They pulled one hell of a rabbit out of a hat and then some. Out of all the skaters today, they won far more than a medal or high placement.

Could not be more proud to be their fan or to have them represent Northern Ontario on the National and World Stage. Even if they aren't technically from here, they skate for NOS, so...

Congratulations to one amazing team and two incredably classy people. I can NOT wait to see how they build on this next Season!!!
    Hear hear. When you consider how short a time they had to try to get ready to be back on the ice in competition form, I am just blown away. They have done only Canada proud, but themselves as well.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Very very happy for Kaitlyn and Andrew. And I'm in awe, respect, and admire their drive and perseverance! Great job guys!

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast