Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 1007
  1. #701

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    201
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Amazing people are capable of achieving amazing results!

  2. #702

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    1,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35510
    They are my favorite dance couple. Kaitlyn has come a long long ways in the last couple of years and the 2 of them have developed what I think is some of the best on-ice chemistry in the world today. After their 4th place finish last year, I really thought maybe they would be able to grab the bronze medal for this year. So, I was a little concerned when their programs early this season didn't really thrill me; they just didn't seem to have the ohmygoshiadoreit factor.
    Then the injury, and well, it seemed like that was it for this season. Now we have the news that they on on the Worlds team, and as much as I am looking forward to seeing them, I am trying to be realistic about their placement, and hope they can just be in the top 5 or 6.

  3. #703
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Good news! I'm really hoping they go. I too am realistic with my expectations but they are Canada's best hope I think with V&M to maintain 3 spots for the Olympics and I definitely want Canada to have 3 spots. Don't want a replay of 2010 when W&P were left at home. Worlds is gonna be interesting I'm already nervous. Also wishing the best for P&B as well. I really hope they don't get shoved down becase of their injury, unless of course it's warrented but I just feel like if they, and to a lesser extent, W&P get knocked down they won't let them up again for 2014. Politics I know, I wish it didn't exist and for a time I didn't think it was as big a factor but suddenly I feel it creeping back in.

  4. #704
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    Then the injury, and well, it seemed like that was it for this season. Now we have the news that they on on the Worlds team, and as much as I am looking forward to seeing them, I am trying to be realistic about their placement, and hope they can just be in the top 5 or 6.
    Keep in mind they've been named to the team but are still being monitored for readiness. In other words, a spot is reserved for them, but if they're not ready in time, alternates will go instead. That makes sense, because the timeline of their rehab and preparation can't be guaranteed, and they shouldn't be rushed. Best of luck to them!
    Last edited by flowerpower; 02-20-2013 at 03:34 AM.

  5. #705

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    1,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35510
    Yes, I understand they are being monitored for their readiness, and as much as I would love to see them in person at this years worlds, if they are really not ready and could possibly put too much stress on Kaitlyn and jeopardize their career, I would rather have them not go. Who is the first alternate? I am drawing a blank!

  6. #706
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    Yes, I understand they are being monitored for their readiness, and as much as I would love to see them in person at this years worlds, if they are really not ready and could possibly put too much stress on Kaitlyn and jeopardize their career, I would rather have them not go. Who is the first alternate? I am drawing a blank!
    Nicole Orford and Thomas Williams, the bronze medalists at Canadians.

  7. #707
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,210
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Good news! I'm really hoping they go. I too am realistic with my expectations but they are Canada's best hope I think with V&M to maintain 3 spots for the Olympics and I definitely want Canada to have 3 spots. Don't want a replay of 2010 when W&P were left at home.
    ROTFL no matter how much Skate Canada loves Paul Poirier, Gilles & Poirier are no threat to Weaver & Poje for even next year, especialy if G&P are so weak they would cost Canada a 3rd spot if W&P didnt skate.

  8. #708

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    1,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35510
    Orford and Williams.......she of the vividly green dress?

  9. #709

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,874
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    89820
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    Orford and Williams.......she of the vividly green dress?
    Yes.
    I understand they are training hard and will be more than ready should W&P not be able to compete. I love both these teams. Too bad it can't be V&M, W&P, and O&W at Worlds!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

  10. #710
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,188
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    I'm with you, mag.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  11. #711
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Yes.
    I understand they are training hard and will be more than ready should W&P not be able to compete. I love both these teams. Too bad it can't be V&M, W&P, and O&W at Worlds!
    Sorry, but I personally like Gilles/Poirier, although I understand that Piper is not on par with Paul yet, and that they are overrated and overmarked + I too find their FD marks at 4CC exaggerated and overblown. I really hope that they won't get so much at Worlds if/when they skate there together with Kaitlyn/Andrew, and such teams as Pechalat/Bourzat, Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Katsalapov and even Cappellini/Lanotte.

  12. #712

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,874
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    89820
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Sorry, but I personally like Gilles/Poirier, although I understand that Piper is not on par with Paul yet, and that they are overrated and overmarked + I too find their FD marks at 4CC exaggerated and overblown. I really hope that they won't get so much at Worlds if/when they skate there together with Kaitlyn/Andrew, and such teams as Pechalat/Bourzat, Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Katsalapov and even Cappellini/Lanotte.
    Don't be sorry! I never assume my favourites are everyone's favourites. I also love P&I and was torn during Nationals. Too many great teams, too few spots!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

  13. #713

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Don't be sorry! I never assume my favourites are everyone's favourites. I also love P&I and was torn during Nationals. Too many great teams, too few spots!
    Well said -- especially the part I bolded.
    Last edited by professordeb; 02-20-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: fixing the HTML coding so the quote works correctly
    Crazy about sports!

  14. #714
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    337
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hope they will go to Worlds !!!

  15. #715

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,173
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I've heard their training is going well and they seem right on track to go to worlds. They should be ready, barring any unexpected setbacks.

  16. #716
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    I've heard their training is going well and they seem right on track to go to worlds. They should be ready, barring any unexpected setbacks.
    Thank you for the information - that's great news .

  17. #717
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    ROTFL no matter how much Skate Canada loves Paul Poirier, Gilles & Poirier are no threat to Weaver & Poje for even next year, especialy if G&P are so weak they would cost Canada a 3rd spot if W&P didnt skate.
    Sorry maybe I didn't phrase it right. I didn't mean that I thought W&P would lose to G&P I just meant that I don't want to see anyone left at home when I think we deserve 3 spots and I'd love to see P/I regroup and get that spot after all their heartbreak it would be a great moment.

  18. #718
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    337
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    I've heard their training is going well and they seem right on track to go to worlds. They should be ready, barring any unexpected setbacks.
    thank you !!

  19. #719

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    I've heard their training is going well and they seem right on track to go to worlds. They should be ready, barring any unexpected setbacks.
    Fingers crossed

  20. #720
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Age
    17
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.danceinternational.org/article_103_dance_on_a_frozen_stage.html


    Article about Kaitlyn and Andrew free dance from dancers' perspectives

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •