Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    We don't have it directly from Team W/P or Skate Canada. We have the following tweet from PJ Kwong:

I have not spoken to Kaitlyn directly but have it on good authority that it's true - more details if/when I hear

Of course, it's possible that her source is misinformed or that there has been a later/different medical diagnosis; however, she would not have tweeted had her source not been a good authority.
    - I really hoped that it's not true. I guess, now it won't matter if Kaitlyn is healed by Worlds, because they can't go to Nationals anyway. I believe they are stricter with those things in USA and Canada - or is there a way around this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    - I really hoped that it's not true. I guess, now it won't matter if Kaitlyn is healed by Worlds, because they can't go to Nationals anyway. I believe they are stricter with those things in USA and Canada - or is there a way around this?
    Because of their national and world ranking, I believe they could apply for a medical bye to Worlds if Kaitlyn is ready in time.

vCash
    Does anyone know if Tobias is planning to apply for Lithuanian citizenship?
    Probably not, unless she can prove that one of her parents was born in Lithuania. If so, she would automatically become a citizen. But since Lithuania doesn't permit dual citizenship, she'd have to forfeit her US citizenship.

Otherwise, she would have to apply for naturalization, which requires a 10-year residency and fluency in the Lithuanian language. That would rule out competing in Sochi.

vCash
    Does anyone know if Tobias is planning to apply for Lithuanian citizenship?
    I believe she handed in her citizenship documents at the start of October during her trip to Lithuania. See their Facebook fan page for more details!

vCash
    I'm hoping we get more detail on Kaitlyn's injury when it's known. Not all ankle fractures are the same, it depends on which bone or bones are broken. I'm really hoping they can make Worlds if they get a bye to Nats. They earned that placement along with V/M. Such a shame to see them miss out. If Tessa and Scott can overcome, they have the grumption to do it too. If it had been any other team skating last year, there would not have been the 3 spots. Here's hoping.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Skate Canada has issued an official press release and Kaitlyn will undergo surgery today: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3774192
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Sad Wishing speed recover to Kaitlyn!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The web info I've found on dual citizenship in Lithuania allows for some exceptions, and I suspect were citizenship to be granted, it would be on an "extraordinary talent" or "service to current citizen" exception anyway.

Thank you, IceDanceFan1 for the heads up on their fan page -- I'll track it down now.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN_A19I7H-I

Maybe this will lighten up the mood a bit.

vCash
    So sad for them. Surely wish her a successful surgery and that she is healed and whole again quickly.

vCash
    nm

vCash
    Cute ........I'm hoping they all have a great Christmas and New Year as well. Here's hoping the healing process is a speedy one for Kaitlyn and we see them back on the ice asap.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Well, finally some good news According to their facebook page, Kaitlyn said that the surgery was successful. Hopefully she can have a complete recovery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Skate Canada has issued an official press release and Kaitlyn will undergo surgery today: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3774192
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Well, finally some good news According to their facebook page, Kaitlyn said that the surgery was successful. Hopefully she can have a complete recovery.
    That's a great relief. I hope her recovery goes smoothly , and they come back strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    That's a great relief. I hope her recovery goes smoothly , and they come back strong.
    Totally agree.....

vCash
    There is a new article on TSN about Weaver/Poje (was linked on GS):http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=413980

Apparently Poje is training with Krylova while Kaitlyn is doing rehab in Toronto. Now,I love Weaver/Poje together,but I would pay good money to see Poje/Krylova train together.

vCash
    Whoa! I think Kaitlyn is a beautiful woman, and her and Andrew look fantastic together, but him with Anjelica would be totally smokin'!!

vCash

Weaver and Poje their time is now

Kaitlyn had also been injured years ago. Andrew had to continue training with Bourne. As I recall, Kaitlyn said she was wondering if Andrew would be disappointed with her skating, after having practiced with Shae-Lynn. Of course, she wasn't as experienced as she is now.

vCash
    I'd love to be able to see Krylova and Poje skating together

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast