Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    They were so good today. I really hope they do great at Worlds!

vCash
    Universal Sports version of WP FD, with commentary from Tanith Belbin, is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf9VOA93hg8

vCash
    Beautiful and powerful!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestocking View Post
    Universal Sports version of WP FD, with commentary from Tanith Belbin, is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf9VOA93hg8
    Thanks! At work now but can't wait to go home and watch it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Beautiful and powerful!!!!
    Amazing perfomance. They are so strong and all time show clean skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Besides her shitty posture, what do you have against them? (I'm a big fan of both B/S and W/P)
    It's funny how a W/P fan can complain about some other girl's shitty posture

Yes, I do agree Bobrova's posture is bad, I do agree they're too over the top and I just don't get this team, there's something terribly weird and annoying about the way they skate. I hope I/K improve like crazy and take the Russia's number 1 team status away from them asap.

BUT that doesn't change the fact that Kaitlyn has huge issues with her positions too. Their FD is such a stunner, I love the dance to pieces and I'd love to love the team who skates it, but I just can't. I have too many issues with Weaver's skating. Such a shame.

Also, I really think P/B, if clean, deserve to beat W/P. At least for now.

vCash
    Regardless of where they place at Worlds, this has been a great season for Andrew and Kaitlyn!

I also hope P/B are able to skate cleanly and EARN the bronze in front of a home crowd.

vCash
    I hope they kick butt at worlds - my only regret is then I will only be able to watch "Je Suis Malade" on reruns. I loved it from the moment I saw it - strap and all - and it has just gotten better and better. I have always been a fan - but now they are one of my top favourite dance teams.
    Last edited by puglover; 02-14-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    pug lover

vCash
    GAH I LOVE their FD this year. If the audience gets behind them in Nice, as the music swells, there will not be dry eye in the house.

vCash
    Awesome performance! I am so proud of them! They have been so consistent in the delivery of this FD and I can't help but get emotional each time I see it. I actually don't feel they have been over the top with the expression, but that is JMO. Like Proustable, I found they had more abandon at the GPF but I have loved this dance at every outing and I cannot wait to see their performance in Nice. Like others have said, no matter what the result, these two should be so proud of what they have accomplished this season. actually, they have improved throughout their career, always addressing their technical weaknesses while trying to challenge themselves artistically. I have mad respect for them and am thrilled to see them rewarded for all their hard work and talent.

vCash
    Bkfan...That needed to be said. I've felt it was a bit disingenuous when , e.g. , Tracy Wilson said how improved they were this season ( as if they'd been stagnating , until now ) , when IMO they've improved every year they've been together. They've always had a good work ethic , and been eager to address any problems .

Bravo to them and may it bring them success at World's.

vCash
    Great skate by Kaitlyn and Andrew yesterday. Very happy for them. They are getting so close to that 100 mark score in the FD. Hope they get it at worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Bkfan...That needed to be said. I've felt it was a bit disingenuous when , e.g. , Tracy Wilson said how improved they were this season ( as if they'd been stagnating , until now ) , when IMO they've improved every year they've been together. They've always had a good work ethic , and been eager to address any problems .

Bravo to them and may it bring them success at World's.
    I don't mean to dismiss their improvements in the past, but ... there's a reason this thread is titled "Their time is now." Whatever improvements they've made on a year basis have been eclipsed by the improvements they made THIS year.

Belbin: "Sometimes all you need is to realize that the door is open to have confidence to take it to the next level"

She said this during the Universal Sports coverage of 4CC, and I think it's particularly apt. There had to have been a feeling of also-ran vs Crone/Porier in Canada with all those close losses. That fifth place finish at Worlds I think had to be a HUGE boost in their confidence for them. The realization that if they did take it to the next level, that it would be rewarded.

And it is. Their SD works for them (indeed, for it to work, they need to project a great deal of confidence) and their FD is simply one of the season's masterpieces. The scores they are getting have been quite high and I don't think they've peaked with either program.

vCash
    Oh, I agree ... you've been able to feel the momentum building around them all year( in their marks , in their performances , in the way audiences everywhere have recieved them ). And the ignition was at last year's World's.. (at the time , I thought , good as it was , they were a little undermarked in the SD )..but hey , without a doubt , it's been sweet.

And the kind of confidence they've exuded all year was exactly what I'd hoped they'd gain after World's.

If I seemed to be whinging , above it's just the lingering resentment that their past noticeable improvements were often not remarked .

I guess that's behind them now ..for good , I hope.

ETA: I loved Kaitlyn's response to aspiring skaters in the Q&A ...Don't stop believing in yourself...anything is possible... It's not over ( 'til the fat lady sings ).. Tells you where they've been.
    Last edited by Pratfall; 02-14-2012 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    I think they have the best FD of the season of all teams imo

Also wondering if they are an off ice couple too, I read someone said they believe they are but others said they have stated they are platonic friends, Andrew is a total doll omg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    I think they have the best FD of the season of all teams imo

Also wondering if they are an off ice couple too, I read someone said they believe they are but others said they have stated they are platonic friends, Andrew is a total doll omg
    They said in an interview that they share an apartment in Detroit platonically but you never know.

vCash
    Weaver/Poje held a pre-Worlds teleconference earlier today - article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    They said in an interview that they share an apartment in Detroit platonically but you never know.
    Maybe Kaitlyn has built up an immunity to Andrew's good looks. She is probably the only woman in the arena who doesn't moan when he gyrates at the beginning of this year's SP.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    They also go traveling together, and visit each others' families, and buy Christmas presents together... platonically, of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    They also go traveling together, and visit each others' families, and buy Christmas presents together... platonically, of course.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast