Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I agree. This may be the last yr that we see the French on the podium at Worlds.
    I think it is. They will be given the bronze as a retirement gift (or maybe they will deserve it) and then if they are wise they will get the heck out as by next year Weaver & Poje, Bobrova & Soloviev, Shibutanis, and possibly others will be leapfrogging them if they dare remain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I think it is. They will be given the bronze as a retirement gift (or maybe they will deserve it) and then if they are wise they will get the heck out as by next year Weaver & Poje, Bobrova & Soloviev, Shibutanis, and possibly others will be leapfrogging them if they dare remain.
    It could be Dortmund W/L all over again except I hope P/B deserve it

I can see W/P possibly overtaking them if they stay but not B/S.

vCash
    Weirder things have happened. Just look at the Shibs winning bronze last year - no one expected that.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    It could be Dortmund W/L all over again except I hope P/B deserve it

I can see W/P possibly overtaking them if they stay but not B/S.
    The sin will be if B/S overtake W/P by Sochi.

vCash
    If she improves her posture and they improve their footwork sequences, it's not out of the question. They get really PC's. They're really fast across the ice.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    If she improves her posture and they improve their footwork sequences, it's not out of the question. They get really PC's. They're really fast across the ice.
    Then I will have to just poke both of my eyes out. They started the push for them at Skate Canada 09. I just find them so unappealing.

Banned Member
    vCash
    well like every year at the start it seems that there is a big push for them but the programs turn out so terrible that the judges just give up

vCash
    Then I will have to just poke both of my eyes out. They started the push for them at Skate Canada 09. I just find them so unappealing.
    Besides her shitty posture, what do you have against them? (I'm a big fan of both B/S and W/P)

vCash
    The sin will be if I/K don't overtake B/S by Sochi
    Last edited by nuge; 01-24-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Besides her shitty posture, what do you have against them? (I'm a big fan of both B/S and W/P)
    For me, they are unwatchable, totally unappealing..too over the top...I'm sure that they are lovely people, in fact, an elite ice dancer's mom told me how nice she is, but I just don't like their skating.

vCash
    My issue with both B/S and I/K is that they look so weak technically. I know they're doing difficult elements, but they usually look like their struggling through them. Teams like W/P and V/M (not to mention a bunch of others I would put into this group) are able to make the difficult look easy, and that is what should be rewarded. The best teams make the audience forget about the elements.

Also, I find B/S really boring artistically. At least, IMO, I/K have a bit of spark.

vCash
    For me, they are unwatchable, totally unappealing..too over the top...I'm sure that they are lovely people, in fact, an elite ice dancer's mom told me how nice she is, but I just don't like their skating.
    Costuming is pretty horrible, too.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    Costuming is pretty horrible, too.
    It is.

vCash
    Did you still talking about Gillis-Porie FD? I love t and i think they could be very strong team. They have similar temperaments and look like they have fun together. With Dean creativity this made me there fan
    As for W-P. I dont like SD, but great FD. But after G-P FD W-P look a little boring. My favorute Malade - at GPF

vCash
    pani .. I think they're comparing W/P to B/S.

I liked G/P's FD as a show program. It was very enjoyable..but thought it was lacking as a competitive program. I liked their energy and power , and agree they have potential.... But I thought they should probably be somewhere in the mix with the 2 or 3 couples below them..not up at 62 ? for the SD and 100 (!!!) for the FD.

Even Tracey Wilson had to make the excuse that the judges must have marked G/P so high in the SD because they had to skate so early , they really stuck out among the lowest ranked skaters.. but the judges aren't supposed to make that mistake.

Paul may be a very excellent skater from the hips down ( and he's strong ) ... but Andrew is very far above him in posture, expression, musicality, being as one with his partner..and Piper is nowhere near the skater Kaitlyn is , right now.

One very cute , clever program should not put them 16 points above the 2 or 3 couples below them and only 11 behind W/P.
    Last edited by Pratfall; 01-25-2012 at 01:12 AM.

vCash
    As much as I love Weaver/Poje, I really want Pechalat/Bourzat to get the bronze this year, in their home country. I think Weaver/Poje would be fine with fourth. This year.

I actually quite like B/S and I/K also, so I'd be quite happy if they improve enough that they start to get marks approaching Weaver/Poje's current marks as long as Weaver/Poje improve enough that they start getting marks approaching V/M or D/W's current marks.

vCash
    Congratulations to WP! VERY well-deserved bronze medal. And to my ears they got the most enthusiastic response from the audience too.

vCash
    These two just keep getting better. You could tell they had the crowd eating out of their hands. So amazing!

vCash
    I actually thought they were freer with their expression at the GPF, but I think they were clearly pacing themselves here. They aim to peak in Nice, and I think that'll happen. Amazing

vCash
    This two are my second favorite team!! I love them and that program and their performance of it today was amazing!

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast