Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1007
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi2...in_moscow.html
    Excerpt:
    “We didn’t achieve a season’s best score but we achieved a season’s best performance,” said Poje, during a telephone conference call following the medals ceremony. “It was a better performance than Skate Canada. We want to grow our artistic and technical elements through the season because we missed out on that last year.”

“It’s everything,” says Weaver. “We want to leave a lasting impression. We want to show that we are every bit eligible for that Olympic podium. The best teams in the world are going to be at the final and that’s our shot to measure ourselves up against them, see where we stand.”

They might have stood first in Moscow, if not for some crucial points left on the table in their short dance, where they finished second to the Russians. Failure to obtain all the Level 4s anticipated had them befuddled. “Seeing the levels so low on a bunch of the elements caught us off guard,” admitted Poje.

Honing those elements — particularly a curving left at the end of the program and a Finnstep sequence — is what will preoccupy the team in the little time they have left before the final, to be held in Fukuoka Dec. 5-8.

“You never know what the technical panels are looking for on a particular day,” noted Poje. “We need to make every element black and white, no matter who’s watching it.”
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I love that Ex. piece........very well done with respect for the native (1st Nations) culture.....beautiful.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Here's their Gala performance courtesy of Mao 88 over at GS. ( and some very nice comments from Nicky )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW8-xGxk_tw
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thank you both.

vCash
    New article on Weaver/Poje

vCash
    Hello everyone !

2013's Fan Q & A with Weaver/Poje is now up ! Enjoy reading it

http://theweaverpojelove.tumblr.com/2013fanqa

vCash
    I hate to say it but W/P don't have a chance for the Bronze in Sochi through no fault of their own. Russia is hell bent on winning a medal in Ice Dancing and they will pay off whoever they need to just to get that medal. People who complain about Canada over scoring it's skaters at SC or Worlds haven't seen nothing yet when it comes to blatant cheating judges in Russia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I hate to say it but W/P don't have a chance for the Bronze in Sochi through no fault of their own. Russia is hell bent on winning a medal in Ice Dancing and they will pay off whoever they need to just to get that medal. People who complain about Canada over scoring it's skaters at SC or Worlds haven't seen nothing yet when it comes to blatant cheating judges in Russia.
    Hell bent on just one medal? Oh they might as well pull all the stops out and go for two, something like:
    gold--D/W; silver--I/K; bronze--B/S; 4th by a squeaker - V/M (I know, scandalous!); 5th -W/P; 6th - C/L

vCash
    I find it totally disturbing to read how much distrust there is for this system of judging. I thought it was supposed to clean up the politiking and buying of results. How naive of me. If so many people think their suspicions are correct, has anyone acted on it and complained to ISU, or whoever has ability to change things? More importantly, why do the skaters and coaches put up with it? If enough of them complained, could it not change things for the better? Again, how naive of me!

vCash
    You never know what the technical panels are looking for on a particular day,” noted Poje.
    It means anything can happen in Sochi since the skaters never know in advance what the technical panel will be looking for on that particular day. That's pretty encouraging, isn't that? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    It means anything can happen in Sochi since the skaters never know in advance what the technical panel will be looking for on that particular day. That's pretty encouraging, isn't that? lol
    Definitely the diplomatic way of saying there is no forced rule book or consistency. There are guidelines that panel may choose or not choose to ignore. It makes the sport a laughingstock.

vCash
    Just hopping in to say how much I enjoy their FD this season. And am still totally bowled over by the 1-arm rotational lift. It's a great dance, and I'd love to see W/P or P/B win the bronze. . . no matter how unlikely that is with all the politiking for Bob/Sol.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Thanks for the Q&A I always love to read so many different questions (and answers), and I wish Kaitlyn and Andrew the best of luck for GPF, Olympic Games and Worlds.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    THank you !!!
    So interesting !!!

vCash
    I just réconciled with figure skating when They changed the mark system. They better playing fair according to the performances because, i don't know if i Will trust This sport again.

vCash
    Go ,Kaitlyn and Andrew ! Your tango is superb !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Go ,Kaitlyn and Andrew ! Your tango is superb !
    I totally agree!!!!!

vCash
    I thought W/P were way ahead of B/S today. Pure class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    I thought W/P were way ahead of B/S today. Pure class.
    Agree!!!!

vCash
    They have a great program; they just need to work on their levels, which are totally fixable. I think they are still in the hunt. (Heh)

vCash
    Just watched their SD at Nats. They were superb! Is anyone interested in a new thread (or did I miss it?)

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast