Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

vCash
    Congrats to W&P for staring the season with strong skates. Wishing them all the best.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I have watched their FD at least ten times and I am still not tired of it. I was afraid that their Olympic FD could never be as good as Je suis malade, but I am so happy that they created such a special FD for the Olympic season.

The German Eurosport guys couldn't stop gushing about them.

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash
    I love love love W/P. They've got two great programs and their journey to Sochi started off with a huge stamp of approval from the judges. I can't wait see how these programs will build throughout the season. Canadian Nationals is going to be one exciting event.

WTG W/P

vCash
    I really can't see it happening, but I will be so unhappy if SC promotes G/P over W/V. IMHO they are not even in the same league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I really can't see it happening, but I will be so unhappy if SC promotes G/P over W/V. IMHO they are not even in the same league.
    You mean W/P of course. But I don't think that it is even possible. After last season they must know that no matter how they promote G/P, they are not going to get such marks internationally - especially at the bigger competitions. Besides, Gilles doesn't have the Canadian passport/citizenship yet, and probably won't get it in time for Olympics. Even if she would get it, seems that Paul/Islam are better anyway, although they lack consistency.

vCash
    I think G/P are a big question mark regardless of citizenship. I think Paul is healed and they are training. It will be interesting to see how they look given their lack of training time in the off season. Are they scheduled to compete in China this week?

Edited to add: G/P will be at NHK and Rostelecom Cup in Russia.

vCash
    My take is that G/P will be in a battle for 3rd this year with P/I. W/P are way ahead of them now in every way. If Poirier had stayed with Crone, it might be a different story, but that's not the reality. W/P stand a very good chance of medalling in Sochi with those programs if all goes well......here's hoping!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I think third will be paul nd Islam
    They had a great free dance yesterday.

vCash
    Prior to now, I've never been a huge fan of Kaitlyn & Andrew. I've appreciated their talents and liked some programs more than others, but wasn't completely sold on them. After Skate Canada, though, wow. They were amazing! They have really made a big leap forward with their skating this season. Both programs are absolutely wonderful, and they are skating them brilliantly already. Just a huge improvement over last season. As of now, I absolutely see them as podium contenders for Sochi.

vCash
    Article by Lori Ewing of the Canadian Press after their silver medal at Skate Canada this past weekend: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...d-of-olympics/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

New team Canada OG outfit. Dylan and Kirsten on this photo too

More photos
    https://twitter.com/CDNOlympicTeam
    Last edited by pani; 10-30-2013 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    Prior to now, I've never been a huge fan of Kaitlyn & Andrew. I've appreciated their talents and liked some programs more than others, but wasn't completely sold on them. After Skate Canada, though, wow. They were amazing! They have really made a big leap forward with their skating this season. Both programs are absolutely wonderful, and they are skating them brilliantly already. Just a huge improvement over last season. As of now, I absolutely see them as podium contenders for Sochi.
    I've always thought Andrew was an outstanding skater but in the last couple of season Kaitlyn has improved SO much. She used to skate with slightly stiff knees but now has lovely soft knees, good edges and is way more confident. Great coaching obviously helps. LOVE this team - world champs very soon I'd say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne7 View Post
    t. Great coaching obviously helps. LOVE this team - world champs very soon I'd say.
    I agree World Champs !

vCash
    Kaitlyn and Andrew made the cover of the "24 hours" commuter newspaper, modeling the Canadian Olympic outfits.

-Click on "calendar".
    -Select October.
    -Click on the 31st.
    -Click on the image to get a closeup view.

http://eedition.toronto.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx

vCash
    Kaitlyn and Andrew made the cover of the "24 hours" commuter newspaper, modeling the Canadian Olympic outfits.

-Click on "calendar".
    -Select October.
    -Click on the 31st.
    -Click on the image to get a closeup view.

http://eedition.toronto.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx

Going to the Olympics was their initial dream. Having been so disappointed in 2010, they must be very excited now that it is within reach.

vCash
    Their profile on CBC
    http://olympics.cbc.ca/videos/video/...drew-poje.html

Kaitlyn is really a darling daughter !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I agree World Champs !
    I agree !!

vCash
    Skate Canada has been a turning point for them, skating 2 beautiful and demanding programs already SO well !!
    I hope all will go well at CoR too, even if Bobrova at home will be unbeatable, anyway...
    I love this programs and I m really happy Pasquale and Angelika have worked well with them.
    Also Geoffrey Tyler sounds a special man ! Great team !

vCash
    I think they are well liked and appreciated in Russia. So I have great hopes for them there. Their programmes are sound, the judges obviously liked them, and their marks for their first outing were stellar in comparison to Bobrova's first comp. I really hope that being on home ice doesn't help the Russians get inflated scores, but only the scores they deserve

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I think they are well liked and appreciated in Russia. So I have great hopes for them there. Their programmes are sound, the judges obviously liked them, and their marks for their first outing were stellar in comparison to Bobrova's first comp. I really hope that being on home ice doesn't help the Russians get inflated scores, but only the scores they deserve
    I've watched both of their dances again and I'm really impressed .They look so polished and ready for so early in the season .They have an amazing chemistry as well and respect and they look like extremely hard workers.That was so evident after Kaitlyn's comeback so soon after injury last year I hope P/B win the bronze but if not I'll certainly be very happy for W/P to win and I'm sure they have a great future right at the top for sure .

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast