Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

vCash
    Betcha a few of the bronze contenders will have their panties in a knot right now. How wonderful for W/P......a honkin' personal best
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    that was an awesome SD. They let the world know they are in the mix for the podium in Sochi. So happy for them.

vCash
    Beautiful SD, loved their step sequence, how the music and the steps got faster. Good for them!

vCash
    What a huge improvement since SLC! Way to go, Kaitlyn & Andrew! Congratulations on a PB best SD by over 2.5 points! How great is that this early in the season

Really a lovely skate!

vCash
    What a great program, building to the end.

They "should" be in the medal hunt in Sochi...

vCash

vCash
    Loved them and am so happy for them. Looks like they're back in the mix Andrew especially knocked my socks off tonight. I can't tell you how impressed I was by him, but maybe it's just me?

vCash
    So happy for them. They truly looked like they are worthy of a medal in Sochi. Here's hoping...

vCash
    Wow - way to go - so happy for Kaitlyn and Andrew.
    pug lover

vCash

vCash
    Loved that FD! I would love to see this team with bronze in Sochi

vCash
    Wow, these two are on the up. Every year I am more and more impressed with W/P. I think they must also be one of, if not the most, versatile dance teams today. They can pull off anything!

vCash
    They were fabulous, best FD of this comp, imo. Really glad to see the judges rewarding teams who make obvious improvement.

vCash
    They were wonderful. You're right tapdancer it's nice to see them getting their due. They actually beat V & M on the technical in both programs. I don't think the judges will give them mid to high 9s until V & M retire though.

vCash
    Fantastic skate and score for them. I really enjoy their skating. Working with Krylova and Camerlango has really worked for them and they have a strong package this year yet again.

vCash
    Wow! I thought that Cappellini/Lanotte had amazing and promising skates and scores at Skate America, and also thought that Weaver/Poje could get similar scores, but I didn't expect this. And well deserved - they looked just great in both programs. Somehow I don't believe that the two Russian teams will be close to that level at their respective GPs - least of all Bobrova/Soloviev. Never say never, but they obviously were not ready at Ice Star just a week ago. Perhaps only Pechalat/Bourzat could come near those scores if they skate close to their best. So, go Kaitlyn and Andrew!

vCash
    W/P had a wonderful SC competition and have set the bar very high.

I was thinking back to their big disappointment in 2010, when they missed a trip to the Olympics by a very narrow margin. At that time it seemed like the end of the world, especially for Andrew. They regrouped and worked harder, and are now so far above their own levels in 2010 that it is like they are a different team. They have earned a great deal of respect from me for how they have worked during these 4 years. I am sure their dreams will come true next February.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    While I've thoroughly enjoyed Weaver and Poje's programs over the past few seasons, their skating did not give me any inclination to think that they could be a podium contender in Sochi -- until this weekend. They're programs, as well as their execution of them were just breathtaking .

Although their Je Suis Malade FD was all the buzz two seasons ago, I wasn't much of a fan of it -- not because of them, but because I'm generally not a fan of that type of program. The Tango they're doing for their FD this season is in another class and took their skating to a whole new level. They are right up there in the mix, along with Capellini and Lanotte and to a lesser extent, Pechelat and Bourzat, in what looks to be shaping up for an epic battle for the Bronze Medal. After P/B's results at Worlds and Bourzat's injury, as well as having to deal with the clusterfcuk known as the FFSG headed by Der Fuhrer Gailhaguet, god help them.

No doubt a lot of people consider the Bobajobs to be the favorites for Bronze in Sochi, but unless the they make some seriously drastic changes to both their SD and FD, I have serious doubts that they will place any higher than fourth. If you missed their outings in the Ice Star competition in Minsk, here they are:

Short Dance

Score for the SD: 74.17 (TES of 37.17, PCS of 37.00)

Free Dance

Score for the FD: 106.15 (TES of 50.67, PCS of 55.48)

My reaction to those marks was -- in what universe were those trainwrecks able to achieve those scores? (answer: )

As for I/K, no idea how they are looking this season, and to the best of my knowledge, they haven't competed yet, so they're still a bit of a variable at this point.

At any rate, congratulations to Kaitlyn and Andrew for their more than well-deserved and earned Silver Medal at Skate Canada!

vCash
    I actually found H/D pretty dull and boring despite being technically solid. W/P really brought it, I enjoyed every minute of it.
    Last edited by Tweak; 10-27-2013 at 05:51 AM.

vCash

Thumbs up

Two excellent skates of two excellent programs.. I'm so pleased for them. What a treat!

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast