Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

vCash
    An unserious broken leg I don't think there is such a thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    An unserious broken leg I don't think there is such a thing.
    There is a difference between broken fibula and, for instance, broken shinbone/tibia. The second would be more "serious", and would take much more time to heal. But I hope that pani didn't want to say that they lied about her fibula being broken. That would be an absurd thought, as they would gain nothing at all from such a lie.

vCash
    As far as I know, Kaitlyn Weaver's exact injury was never confirmed publicly by her or Skate Canada (in an article or press release). The "broken fibula" was posted on FSU as hearsay information.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    As far as I know, Kaitlyn Weaver's exact injury was never confirmed publicly by her or Skate Canada (in an article or press release). The "broken fibula" was posted on FSU as hearsay information.
    Read today Anjelika Krylova interwie on russion.
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/496_anzhelik...it-silnejshij/

I am not sure, but this is google translation what she said about Keythlynn injury

She was displaced fracture in his leg. Underwent surgery. Inserted the iron plate with six screws.
    And she said W-P return on ice only 2 weeks ago.
    So its hard for me to imaging, how with seriouse injury they could not only back on ice (i could understand this) but re-work 90% of FD. Thats what i want to say. Nothing more

vCash
    They were always hopeful and optimistic that they could get ready for worlds if she healed well so whatever the precise nature of the fracture/break it must have been such that there was some cause for hope. Some people heal well and some don't. Kaitlyn and her team probably did everything they could to give her the best environment to heal. Having V&M and even a slightly weakened W&P going in as the top two teams for Canada is better than V&M and G&P. Hopefully she isn't pushing herself too much, she seemed to accept in some interviews that she would do the right thing as Sochi is the priority so fingers crossed.

Their return to competition will be one of the highlights in London for me so crossing one set of fingers for V&M and the other for W&P. If all goes well I'd love to see W&P get the spot on the WTT just to give them more time to practice their programs and perform them one more time as I can't imagine they´ll keep them for the Olympic season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Read today Anjelika Krylova interwie on russion.
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/496_anzhelik...it-silnejshij/

I am not sure, but this is google translation what she said about Keythlynn injury

And she said W-P return on ice only 2 weeks ago.
    So its hard for me to imaging, how with seriouse injury they could not only back on ice (i could understand this) but re-work 90% of FD. Thats what i want to say. Nothing more
    All the rework on the FD was prior to the injury wasn't it? I recall an interview in December where they discussed the changes to their program and how excited they were to show it. Then she got injured and it never happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    All the rework on the FD was prior to the injury wasn't it? I recall an interview in December where they discussed the changes to their program and how excited they were to show it. Then she got injured and it never happened.
    But on 90%? And they not only need to re-work t, but did FD polish. And for me looked werid - from clips she retun on ice after Nationals+they not just retun on ice, but started working with Shae-Lynn.
    Will see, how they will look at WCh.
    I cant understand, did they re-place iron plate with six screws from her leg or no.

vCash
    But on 90%? And they not only need to re-work t, but did FD polish. And for me looked werid - from clips she retun on ice after Nationals+they not just retun on ice, but started working with Shae-Lynn.
    Will see, how they will look at WCh.
    I cant understand, did they re-place iron plate with six screws from her leg or no.
    They had a lot of time to rework that program. Their last grand prix event was Cup of China that ended November 4th. They knew then they didn't make the Grand Prix Final. In an interview with PJKwong posted on November 29th they said they basically went to the drawing board and redid their program. I think the reworked program was well finished before the injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8etK0...m2KFA&index=21

Google translation of Angelika interview:
    About P&B
    - Due to injury guys missed about six weeks. For all, of course, it was a complete surprise. We were very nervous because I did not train for five weeks in the middle of the season is always difficult. At Fabyan was a gap on the leg muscles and the load had to be introduced gradually. Now he's in shape. I really hope that the beginning of the World Cup will be one hundred percent ready.

It's a shame, of course, that it is so, because the season is for the French duo very well. At two stages of the Grand Prix guys skated great, were third in the final of the series. Worked well and a lot. Everything was going great. But the injuries are not perfect, so let's hope.
    About W&P
    - In mid-December, the partner very seriously injured. She was displaced fracture in his leg. Underwent surgery. Inserted the iron plate with six screws. Girl long skate. Started training just two weeks ago. But Caitlin quickly progresses, it wants to play. Just insanely wants. And me, as an athlete, it is surprising, if not shocking, her desire to perform at the World Cup. This girl has amazing character. Truly a champion. It is done. I do not know to what extent can it be right to start from the medical point of view. But doctors are allowed to compete. However, I do not want an athlete intensive, because the front of the Olympic season, and it's extremely important. World Cup in that sense, I think, not so much.

Whatever it was, she Caitlin says he feels fine. The guys are getting ready. So things are going more or less normal. I just pray to God that our students do not have any injuries.
    Seems like Angelika is crossing her fingers for her two teams as well.

vCash
    Seems like Angelika is crossing her fingers for her two teams as well.
    From her interview iW-P situation didnt look good, when from other W-P interviews all look OK.
    But Anjelika worked with Linichcuk a lot time and she often play with injuries and then her skaters won big competitions (like Grishuck-Platov in 1995 or Lobacheva-Averbuch in 2002).
    I dont want to say nothing, but i am not sure about nothing now.

vCash
    From when was the interview of Angelika ?
    If I remember wel Kaitlyn went back on the ice the 2 February...

vCash
    From her interview iW-P situation didnt look good, when from other W-P interviews all look OK.
    But Anjelika worked with Linichcuk a lot time and she often play with injuries and then her skaters won big competitions (like Grishuck-Platov in 1995 or Lobacheva-Averbuch in 2002).
    I dont want to say nothing, but i am not sure about nothing now.
    Pani, if you are not sure and don't want to say anything, why are you saying it anyway? I'd like you to justify why you would make unfounded allegations to diminish the herculean effort that this remarkable young woman named Kaitlyn Weaver has put forth in order to be able to skate at the World Championships in London.

Also, both you and Sylvia might want to find and view two Youtube videos:

In a P.J. Kwong interview done with Kaitlyn and Andrew at Canadians in January, Kaitlyn clearly states that she "broke her fibula."

In the CBC News Road to the Olympics segment, there is a close-up shot of the scar on Kaitlyn's ankle. I doubt she painted it on.

It never ceases to amaze me how some posters feel they can level all sorts of accusations against skaters. But heaven help the person who makes any negative comments about the same poster's favorite skaters.

vCash
    beebee, I think you misunderstood my post since I never meant to imply that Kaitlyn Weaver's injury wasn't serious. I merely wanted to point out that Kaitlyn herself never mentioned the exact nature of her injury publicly that I knew of... I wasn't aware of Pj Kwong's video interview of her, so thank you for mentioning it.

I wish her and Andrew all the best at Worlds.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Pani, if you are not sure and don't want to say anything, why are you saying it anyway? I'd like you to justify why you would make unfounded allegations to diminish the herculean effort that this remarkable young woman named Kaitlyn Weaver has put forth in order to be able to skate at the World Championships in London.

In a P.J. Kwong interview done with Kaitlyn and Andrew at Canadians in January, Kaitlyn clearly states that she "broke her fibula."

In the CBC News Road to the Olympics segment, there is a close-up shot of the scar on Kaitlyn's ankle. I doubt she painted it on.

It never ceases to amaze me how some posters feel they can level all sorts of accusations against skaters. But heaven help the person who makes any negative comments about the same poster's favorite skaters.
    I think Kaitlyn is an incredibly strong and determined woman and I can't wait to see her and Andrew skate next week. I think Canada has two ice dance teams to be very proud of with two tough females who fight through pain and injuries to do what they love to do, skate and compete. I wish a fantastic worlds to them both.

vCash

Just because i cant understand, how with such injury she could be ready to skate new FD at WCh. Thats all. Cant wait to see them and wish all skaters all the best.

vCash
    beebee, I think you misunderstood my post since I never meant to imply that Kaitlyn Weaver's injury wasn't serious. I merely wanted to point out that Kaitlyn herself never mentioned the exact nature of her injury publicly that I knew of... I wasn't aware of Pj Kwong's video interview of her, so thank you for mentioning it.

I wish her and Andrew all the best at Worlds.
    Skate Canada had a press conference about her injury.
    I think she was busy taking care of herself, it must have been really a bad period for her, so I understand why she never talked about it. Plus they don't have much publicity anyway.

Like you I wish them all the best

vCash

Yes I agree !!
    The last lines over all !
    Some posters have have the bad habit to diminish not their favorite skater in order to give them less credit and less "publicity ".

vCash
    I'm excited to see Kaitlyn and Andrew again in competition. I hope they feel really proud after coming back from a nasty injury no matter where they place. Pictures 9 and 10 are from their practice today in this link: http://spiral9509.tistory.com/m/post/slideshow/id/523

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    ...Some people heal well and some don't. Kaitlyn and her team probably did everything they could to give her the best environment to heal.
    When Kaitlyn was previously injured several years ago, she mentioned in an interview at that time that she was a fast healer.

... I wasn't aware of Pj Kwong's video interview of her, so thank you for mentioning it.
    Here is the PJ interview video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbl_Vjnp8Lo

P.S. I wonder if the "extra bits" will set-off airport metal detectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    ...Pictures 9 and 10 are from their practice today...
    Appears to be the SD costumes. I wonder what the new FD costume is like?
    Last edited by rvi5; 03-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    Yes I agree !!
    The last lines over all !
    Some posters have have the bad habit to diminish not their favorite skater in order to give them less credit and less "publicity ".
    If you are talking about Pani here you are way out in left field. She has always been a W&P supporter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    If you are talking about Pani here you are way out in left field. She has always been a W&P supporter!
    I know, that's why I was not referring to Pani

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast