Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash

Weaver and Poje their time is now

https://twitter.com/weaverpoje/statu...47783361970176

Judging by this photo, it appears Kaitlyn's cast is off. An article I read recently mentions doctors are surprised at her progress. When Kaitlyn was injured in the past, she was quoted as saying she tends to heal quickly.

vCash
    Great news...thanx for posting. I'll bet she's happy to have that thing off........now comes the hard part.........getting it going again. It looks promising though.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    https://twitter.com/weaverpoje/statu...47783361970176

Judging by this photo, it appears Kaitlyn's cast is off. An article I read recently mentions doctors are surprised at her progress. When Kaitlyn was injured in the past, she was quoted as saying she tends to heal quickly.
    That's great news. I hope she doesn't rush it but I can't wait for them to be back in action!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I think Rafter & ichiro have it right. It appears that to SC, anything Paul Poirier does is wonderful and you know what, I would agree that HE is a wonderful skater. However, Piper just isn't there with him and I feel gutted that teams that are better AS A TEAM aren't getting the marks or the respect that they should get, at least IMHO. Their programs are fun and enjoyable but I wasn't drawn to either their short or the free as much as I was by other teams.

At least W&P were in the rink, busy signing autographs and posing for pictures. Kaitlyn looked wonderful inspite of her crutches and Andrew was as good looking as ever. Really missed not seeing them compete.

As for why Kaitlyn rolled her eyes -- well I would venture that it has to do with her & Andrew's competitive history with Poirier back when he was skating with Vanessa and benefiting from getting generous marks
    Perhaps Kaitlyn needs to shelve the attitude, and the same goes for some of their supporters. I'm getting a little tired of the Gilles & Poirier bashing from the W&P contingent.

Vanessa & Paul regularly beat Kaitlyn & Andrew when they were competing together because C&P often skated better than W&P. C&P beat W&P for the 2010 Olympics and for the 2011 National title. C&P also won Skate Canada one season and won a medal at the Grand Prix Final, so it wasn't just Skate Canada that was giving them high marks.
    Last edited by The Observer; 01-24-2013 at 07:29 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Perhaps that's not why Weaver rolled her eyes.

Gilles/Poirier are not in the same league as Crone/Poirier, at least at this time.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Perhaps that's not why Weaver rolled her eyes.

Gilles/Poirier are not in the same league as Crone/Poirier, at least at this time.
    True. I agree with that.

As I said on the other thread, that's because Piper is new to this level of skating. She doesn't have the Olympic & World experience that Paul has because she hasn't been to those events like Vanessa had. It will probably take Piper at least a couple of seasons to come up to Paul's level, but the point is that she is improving all the time.

vCash
    The Observer...........If you like Poirier/Giles so much, why don't you start a thread for them? That's what we normally do so we have (usually) a safe place to go to gush about our favorites
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    pic.twitter.com/x1XJnxtL
    Kaitlyn just posted this photo on twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NarumiAyane View Post
    pic.twitter.com/x1XJnxtL
    Kaitlyn just posted this photo on twitter
    Thanks a lot. This is great news - hope that Kaitlyn will be able to start skating quite soon.

vCash

Weaver and Poje their time is now

At first I thought she was wearing a brace on her right foot. On further consideration, I realized it was on the wrong foot. Unless the image had been reversed.

ETA: Checked the printing on the background equipment, it is not reversed.
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-25-2013 at 05:13 AM.

vCash
    Such great news. I really hope they can make it to Worlds. As kwanfan says we don't know why Kaitlyn was 'rolling her eyes' Andrew could've said 'We're eating nachos and cheese for supper' and she was like 'yeah right' so let's not judge cause truly we have no idea and never will.

vCash
    Any news about Worlds ???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    At first I thought she was wearing a brace on her right foot. On further consideration, I realized it was on the wrong foot. Unless the image had been reversed.

ETA: Checked the printing on the background equipment, it is not reversed.
    Her tinniest leg is the left so I guess it's the left tibia that was fractured
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Her tinniest leg is the left so I guess it's the left tibia that was fractured
    Oh yes, I see what you mean. Muscle is lost so quickly. What type of rehab would be usual, pingu?

ETA: I think it was the fibula.
    Last edited by flowerpower; 02-04-2013 at 05:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Oh yes, I see what you mean. Muscle is lost so quickly. What type of rehab would be usual, pingu?

ETA: I think it was the fibula.
    Mobilization, strengthening and proprioception. She has probably kept training her thigh muscles, now she will start to carefully move again her ankle, to gradually strengthen its muscles and to learn "feeling" again the ankle during every movement, in order to prevent injuries during its temporary weakness.

vCash
    Do you think she will wear some sort of tensor or stabilizer when she starts training again? I wonder if she is back on the ice yet.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I think she will tweet something when she'll back on the ice.
    From yesterday pic it seems they are training on floor or doing pilates... in Toronto ...don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Do you think she will wear some sort of tensor or stabilizer when she starts training again? I wonder if she is back on the ice yet.
    Maybe she could wear some tape on the ankle when she's wearing skates at the beginning, but to decide whether she should war a brace or not you should know what kind of fracture she had, how the ankle is doing and so on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    I think she will tweet something when she'll back on the ice.
    From yesterday pic it seems they are training on floor or doing pilates... in Toronto ...don't know.
    Yes, that would be Toronto. They were pictured with Je-an Salas, who has a pilates studio there. Je-an used to dance with the National Ballet, and she now teaches pilates to the National Ballet dancers.

vCash
    Found this on Youtube. PJ uploaded it during Canadian Nationals, before Kaitlyn had her cast removed. The video provides a little more detail about how the accident occurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbl_Vjnp8Lo

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast