Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

vCash
    The camera caught them sitting in the stands............They looked so sad . I hope they get to go to Worlds.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    The camera caught them sitting in the stands............They looked so sad . I hope they get to go to Worlds.
    I think they were heart broken for Alex and Mitch, but that may just be me projecting.

They also showed Andrew saying something to Kaitlin and she rolled her eyes - I wish I could read lips because I'm curious what he said to her haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I think they were heart broken for Alex and Mitch, but that may just be me projecting.

They also showed Andrew saying something to Kaitlin and she rolled her eyes - I wish I could read lips because I'm curious what he said to her haha
    No, I thought that too and yes I to wonder what he said. It was right after G/P marks came up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    No, I thought that too and yes I to wonder what he said. It was right after G/P marks came up.
    I'm beginning to dislike W&P somewhat, but I'll try to keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions.

First, why should W&P expect a spot to Worlds when they haven't competed at Nationals this year? They are a good team, but it's not as if they are World Champions, so why do they assume they should get a Bye to Worlds?

Second, I'm wondering if they are envious of how well G&P are doing. Perhaps it's a leftover rivalry from the days when C&P used to regularly beat W&P?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If there is a rule/process in place to allow them to ask for a medical bye based on prior results in national and international competition and submit to whatever monitoring Skate Canada has for medical byes, then they have a right to ask for that consideration. Were they to be given a bye, then it would be Skate Canada who thinks they deserve a spot, perhaps based on the assumption that even a sub-par W/P would be more likely to guarantee three spots in Sochi with Virtue/Moir.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    I'm beginning to dislike W&P somewhat, but I'll try to keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions.

First, why should W&P expect a spot to Worlds when they haven't competed at Nationals this year? They are a good team, but it's not as if they are World Champions, so why do they assume they should get a Bye to Worlds?
    Maybe because Weaver and Poje finished 4th at worlds last year and helped get Canada three spots for Worlds this year?

Personally, I thought Gilles and Poirier's marks were ridiculous. Their FD score was on par with what Pechalat and Bourzat score internationally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Maybe because Weaver and Poje finished 4th at worlds last year and helped get Canada three spots for Worlds this year?

Personally, I thought Gilles and Poirier's marks were ridiculous. Their FD score was on par with what Pechalat and Bourzat score internationally.
    I totally agree G/P marks were ridiculous. They seem use their big tricks and personality to mask their scratchiness. I have nothing against this team, I actually have enjoyed some of their programs. I just don't see how SC can constantly inflate their scores.

vCash
    I think Rafter & ichiro have it right. It appears that to SC, anything Paul Poirier does is wonderful and you know what, I would agree that HE is a wonderful skater. However, Piper just isn't there with him and I feel gutted that teams that are better AS A TEAM aren't getting the marks or the respect that they should get, at least IMHO. Their programs are fun and enjoyable but I wasn't drawn to either their short or the free as much as I was by other teams.

At least W&P were in the rink, busy signing autographs and posing for pictures. Kaitlyn looked wonderful inspite of her crutches and Andrew was as good looking as ever. Really missed not seeing them compete.

As for why Kaitlyn rolled her eyes -- well I would venture that it has to do with her & Andrew's competitive history with Poirier back when he was skating with Vanessa and benefiting from getting generous marks
    Crazy about sports!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Weaver and Poje are 6th on the ISU season's best list (20 points ahead of Gilles and Poirier). Medical byes have been given by Skate Canada many times (Kurt Browning in 1992, Elvis Stojko twice, IIRC in 1997 and 2001, Virtue and Moir in 2011; and they were prepared to give one in 2009 to Langlois and Hay, but they didn't recover in time). I don't think it's unreasonable for Weaver and Poje to be given the same consideration this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I think Rafter & ichiro have it right. It appears that to SC, anything Paul Poirier does is wonderful and you know what, I would agree that HE is a wonderful skater. However, Piper just isn't there with him and I feel gutted that teams that are better AS A TEAM aren't getting the marks or the respect that they should get, at least IMHO. Their programs are fun and enjoyable but I wasn't drawn to either their short or the free as much as I was by other teams.

At least W&P were in the rink, busy signing autographs and posing for pictures. Kaitlyn looked wonderful inspite of her crutches and Andrew was as good looking as ever. Really missed not seeing them compete.

As for why Kaitlyn rolled her eyes -- well I would venture that it has to do with her & Andrew's competitive history with Poirier back when he was skating with Vanessa and benefiting from getting generous marks
    For all we know Andrew might have suggested wearing an outfit like Paul had on to increase their PCS and that was Kaitlyn's reaction

vCash
    Perhaps because they're ranked fourth in the World?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    For all we know Andrew might have suggested wearing an outfit like Paul had on to increase their PCS and that was Kaitlyn's reaction
    Ohhhh, I like your theory better
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Andrew doesn't need a fancy smancy outfit to look great. He's a lot like Scott Moir in that respect.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash

Second, I'm wondering if they are envious of how well G&P are doing. Perhaps it's a leftover rivalry from the days when C&P used to regularly beat W&P?
    totally nonsense to me !
    WP arrived 4 at WOrlds.... Poirier not even went there !!!
    Please !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post

Totally agree !!!!!!!!

vCash

vCash

Weaver and Poje their time is now

Probably a good idea. We don't know what Andrew said, and whether it was even related to the scores. He could have suggested they have dinner at one of the arena concession stands. I would be rolling my eyes too :laugh:

vCash
    The camera caught them sitting in the stands............They looked so sad
    It caught them twice. The first time was earlier in the evening, and they looked happy. The second time was right after Paul/Islam had skated. Since they are training mates of Paul/Islam, I think their expressions just mirrored their disappointment at what had just happened in the free skate.

I find it hard to imagine that anyone would seriously suggest that Weaver/Poje should NOT get a medical bye to worlds if they are healthy.

vCash
    If W&P are physically ready for Worlds they will be named to the World Team without question IMO. As for the always overhyped and overrated Paul Poirier (with whichever partner) he had better hope W&P are named to Worlds too as it is his own spot to the Olympics that is in jeapordy if they dont, as I expect P&G to be right around that 11th or 12th bubble for Canada to get 3 spots. Ridiculous scores at Canadians will not carry into international events, just like they didnt this fall.

vCash
    I hope, I hope, I really hope that they can be ready for Worlds. I want to see them there. I don't want G/P taking their place as second Can. team. I like all the Canadian teams execpt for them. I don't like their style or their sloppiness. (just my feelings).
    Addicted to FSU

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast