Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1007
  1. #581

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,364
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3454
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Me too Hope its only rumors.
    Without W-P it will be very hard for Canada to save 3 places in ice dance for OG.
    V/M are obviously second or first. It's very likely Gilles/Poirier can swing at least 11th or 12th for 3 spots, esp in London.

  2. #582
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,301
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    V/M are obviously second or first. It's very likely Gilles/Poirier can swing at least 11th or 12th for 3 spots, esp in London.
    Not "at least", but quite surely no higher than that. As the results so far this season show, Zhiganshina/Gazsi and Zlobina/Sitnikov could very well be 11th and 12th in any order, leaving Gilles/Poirier just 13th. I am not sure how theese things work - would it be enough?

    As for Kaitlyn Weaver - I really, really hope that's not true. It would be very sad and disappointing for them and also for many ice dance fans . As for me - I so wanted to see the improved version of their FD, and whether they would manage to regain their last season position with that.

  3. #583
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    cheering for W&P and P&I
    Posts
    280
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Not "at least", but quite surely no higher than that. As the results so far this season show, Zhiganshina/Gazsi and Zlobina/Sitnikov could very well be 11th and 12th in any order, leaving Gilles/Poirier just 13th. I am not sure how theese things work - would it be enough?

    As for Kaitlyn Weaver - I really, really hope that's not true. It would be very sad and disappointing for them and also for many ice dance fans . As for me - I so wanted to see the improved version of their FD, and whether they would manage to regain their last season position with that.
    No,13th wouldn't be enough. In the sum the places of V/M and G/P have to be 13 or less.But,I guess if W/P won't be at Worlds P/I will get that third spot,so maybe they can enter the top 10.

  4. #584

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,887
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Kaitlyn, no! Gosh this sucks really bad. I hope its just some horrible mistake.

  5. #585
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,301
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    No,13th wouldn't be enough. In the sum the places of V/M and G/P have to be 13 or less.But,I guess if W/P won't be at Worlds P/I will get that third spot,so maybe they can enter the top 10.
    Oh, my . I counted as if W/P were there . Thank you for explaining.

  6. #586
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    near the rink
    Posts
    1,994
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I read on GS that Kaitlyn has broken her ankle. I hope it's not this serious. Poor girl.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #587
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    220
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Really too bad for Kaitlyn and Andrew! I hope they take the time to heal so they can come back with great gusto and pizzazz in the Fall, fully healed, with fantastic programs that sparkle and show their great skills and are super entertaining and/or mesmerizing and emotional. They definitely have the "it" factor in that respect. The chemistry between these two is stunning, and they have the skills and presentation to factor into the podium with the right vehicles.

    As for rest of this season, I have to think besides the obvious with V/M in first place in Canada (by a country mile now), the next spots should be Paul/Islam and Gilles/Poirier in whatever order. On the international stage, given the current season trajectory, training environment, foundations in skating, etc of both teams, I think Paul/Islam probably have a better chance of finishing in the top 10 with clean skates than Gilles/Poirier. But there is a lot of traffic in the top 10, so we shall see.

    Thinking in groups, I think the top 5 in the world will be: V/M, D/W, P/B, C/L, B/S
    The next 5 will be: I/K, S/S, Z/G, H/D or C/B, R/T
    Then likely: Z/S, P/I, G/P

    It is possible that with clean and sparkling skates, P/I can slip into the place of the 3rd US or 3rd Russian team. That would get the job done to retain 3 spots for the Olympics for Canada - they have to finish no lower than 11th or 12th, depending on where V/M finish at Worlds.

  8. #588

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sleep in heavenly peace, my BH
    Posts
    11,829
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3986
    Here's how Paul/Islam's and Gilles/Poirier's scores this season stack up against the #2 and #3 US teams, the #3 Russian team, Zhiganshina/Gazsi and Zlobina /Sitnikov:

    161.34 RIAZANOVA / TKACHENKO GOLD SPIN 2012
    154.56 SHIBUTANI / SHIBUTANI NHK 2012
    150.30 HUBBELL / DONOHUE FINLANDIA 2012
    149.54 CHOCK / BATES COC 2012
    148.90 ZLOBINA / SITNIKOV GOLD SPIN 2012
    147.79 CHOCK / BATES NEBELHORN 2012
    146.90 GILLES / POIRIER US INTL CLASSIC 2012
    146.03 RIAZANOVA / TKACHENKO TEB 2012
    145.23 HUBBELL / DONOHUE TEB 2012
    143.76 PAUL / ISLAM US INTL CLASSIC 2012
    143.59 ZLOBINA / SITNIKOV NEBELHORN 2012
    143.39 RIAZANOVA / TKACHENKO SC 2012
    142.00 ZHIGANSHINA / GAZSI NEBELHORN 2012
    140.91 SHIBUTANI / SHIBUTANI COR 2012
    140.54 ZHIGANSHINA / GAZSI COR 2012
    140.30 ZLOBINA / SITNIKOV TEB 2012
    139.84 CHOCK / BATES US INTL CLASSIC 2012
    137.92 PAUL / ISLAM NEBELHORN 2012
    136.74 GILLES / POIRIER SC 2012
    135.77 GILLES / POIRIER TEB 2012
    135.16 HUBBELL / DONOHUE SC 2012
    132.80 ZLOBINA / SITNIKOV SC 2012
    132.57 ZHIGANSHINA / GAZSI SA 2012

  9. #589
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,104
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    39528
    It might be tight, but G/P and P/I have a shot at 11th and 12th. There are eight teams definitely ahead of them: V/M, 3 RUS teams (assuming B/S, I/K, and R/T again), D/W, Shibs, P/B, and C/L. It's only going likely to be one of Hubbel/Donohue and Chock/Bates fighting for the third spot. That leaves four spots in the Top 12 for Z/G, Z/S, G/P, P/I, possibly C/J and the Reeds. Papadakis/Cizeron might be more formidable competition than Carron/Jones. Kolbe/Caruso scored in the same range as these teams at Golden Spin, but Z/G were 11th last year, and GER has only one spot. Heekin-Canedy/Dun seem to be doing comparatively better this year. Euros will be telling for them. Huang/Zheng seem to be doing worse this year.

    I don't think it's inconceivable for one or both Canadian teams to make Top 12.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  10. #590

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Did we have more information or this is just rumors?

  11. #591
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,104
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    39528
    We don't have it directly from Team W/P or Skate Canada. We have the following tweet from PJ Kwong:

    I have not spoken to Kaitlyn directly but have it on good authority that it's true - more details if/when I hear

    Of course, it's possible that her source is misinformed or that there has been a later/different medical diagnosis; however, she would not have tweeted had her source not been a good authority.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  12. #592

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    We don't have it directly from Team W/P or Skate Canada. We have the following tweet from PJ Kwong:

    I have not spoken to Kaitlyn directly but have it on good authority that it's true - more details if/when I hear

    Of course, it's possible that her source is misinformed or that there has been a later/different medical diagnosis; however, she would not have tweeted had her source not been a good authority.
    Thanks you!
    Now we need to know how seriouse this injury is. I hope Keythlin will be ready if not for 4CC, but for sure for WCh.
    All my thoughts now with this guys!

  13. #593

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    161
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wishing Katlyn a speedy recovery.

  14. #594

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Near Montreal...
    Posts
    1,465
    vCash
    561
    Rep Power
    1045
    I am gutted for them. Also bit misty for me too, as I was so hoping to see them meet their goals in London and for them to have personal best skates in front of a supportive home crowd. Hoping they will do what is necessary for Kaitlin to heal completely and most effectively in order to be at their best for the Oly season. Hoping they will not lose their funding, esp if they can't skate at Nationals. Well on the flip side their loss may serve as an incredible learning experience for another Cdn ice dance team to get some unexpected international world experience and exposure, hoping that whoever becomes 2013 national silver and bronze medalists can both quickly step up to the challenge and the rare opportunity being presented, so that Canada can still have 3 teams in Sochi...

  15. #595

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6552
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    We don't have it directly from Team W/P or Skate Canada. We have the following tweet from PJ Kwong:

    I have not spoken to Kaitlyn directly but have it on good authority that it's true - more details if/when I hear

    Of course, it's possible that her source is misinformed or that there has been a later/different medical diagnosis; however, she would not have tweeted had her source not been a good authority.
    Oh no... I kept hoping that it was not so serious.
    Wishing Kaitlyn the speediest recovery, and waiting for more information. W/P are among my very favorites.
    Last edited by dinakt; 12-18-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

  16. #596

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sleep in heavenly peace, my BH
    Posts
    11,829
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3986
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    It might be tight, but G/P and P/I have a shot at 11th and 12th. There are eight teams definitely ahead of them: V/M, 3 RUS teams (assuming B/S, I/K, and R/T again), D/W, Shibs, P/B, and C/L. It's only going likely to be one of Hubbel/Donohue and Chock/Bates fighting for the third spot. That leaves four spots in the Top 12 for Z/G, Z/S, G/P, P/I, possibly C/J and the Reeds. Papadakis/Cizeron might be more formidable competition than Carron/Jones. Kolbe/Caruso scored in the same range as these teams at Golden Spin, but Z/G were 11th last year, and GER has only one spot. Heekin-Canedy/Dun seem to be doing comparatively better this year. Euros will be telling for them. Huang/Zheng seem to be doing worse this year.


    I don't think it's inconceivable for one or both Canadian teams to make Top 12.
    Another team, Guignard/Fabbri [ITA], scored higher at Cup of China than Gilles/Poirier did at Skate Canada. And Skate Canada was G/P's higher scoring event. If Papadakis/Cizeron and G/F go to Worlds, that could make it tough for either G/P or P/I to make top 12, let alone both.

  17. #597
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,104
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    39528
    If Guignard has French Italian citizenship in time, then they should be formidable competition. P/C still have to make the leap into Seniors, which is a different kettle of fish. I like them a lot, much more than G/P, and hope they do well.

    G/P and P/I (or O/W) will be fighting for their spot at the Olympics in London, so it will be interesting to see how they do. Any of ITA's will be behind C/L. Skate Canada might have its hands full with V/M, especially if D/W beat V/M at 4C's (which I don't think will happen, but it is possible.)
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 12-17-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Many thanks for the correction!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  18. #598

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Near Montreal...
    Posts
    1,465
    vCash
    561
    Rep Power
    1045
    One must remember that Canada does not have a judge at 2013 worlds except for pairs, so all the Canadian skater's will be underdogs (esp the dancer's where Euro teams are normally favored).

  19. #599

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sleep in heavenly peace, my BH
    Posts
    11,829
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3986
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    One must remember that Canada does not have a judge at 2013 worlds except for pairs, so all the Canadian skater's will be underdogs (esp the dancer's where Euro teams are normally favored).
    The dance panel has judges from RUS, UKR, AZE, UZB and LTU, very favorable for the Russian teams.

  20. #600
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,104
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    39528
    Does anyone know if Tobias is planning to apply for Lithuanian citizenship? If she is, they'd have a good shot of qualifying in London (19 spots less 3 ea for RUS, CAN, USA and 2ea for ITA, FRA, maybe AZE or GER) with all in the Top 19 should mean Top 16 should get in, and T/S are close to the bubble. If not, they should be able to qualify at Nebelhorn easily. If she isn't trying the citizenship route, then what LTU's stake is, I'm not sure.

    I think all three RUS teams will be above CAN 2 and 3 with W/P out, and I think it would take an epic disaster for any of them to surpass V/M. I'm not sure if Russia is still pissed that Z/S sat out and are skating for AZE, but they did give Zhulin B/S, so they're not holding it against their coach. I suspect as long as Z/S are safely behind the Russian teams, Russia won't have a problem with Z/S moving past anyone else.

    It is to Russia's and the US's advantage for Canada to be down to two teams next year at Sochi and Worlds going into the Olympic season, because it keeps the younger teams aiming for the next Olympic cycle from getting experience and exposure, although it's hard to say which of the Russian teams would retire voluntarily: I/K are 18/21, B/S are 22/23, and R/T are 21/25. I know it's hard work, but if they like what they are doing and get the kind of training and material support they have now from their Federation, I can't see why they wouldn't continue as long as their bodies hold up. R/T are likely most vulnerable to the pack of juniors and Monko/Khaliavin nipping at their heels, with Sinitsina/Zhiganshin quite close score-wise with junior programs.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •