Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

vCash
    I hope they go back and take out some of the cuts in their SD. With such well-known music, so many cuts distract from the skating. The audience spends time thinking of the next song, and stops paying attention to the skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I hope they go back and take out some of the cuts in their SD. With such well-known music, so many cuts distract from the skating. The audience spends time thinking of the next song, and stops paying attention to the skating.
    I think it's worse than that. It seems to me that they are also too distracted [if that's the right word] by that constant music change. It changes so often it seemed to me they couldnt really connect to it to any great extent and at times lost all connection to the rhythm. IMO this program would work a lot better artistically and technically if they would limit themselves to 2 songs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    I think it's worse than that. It seems to me that they are also too distracted [if that's the right word] by that constant music change. It changes so often it seemed to me they couldnt really connect to it to any great extent and at times lost all connection to the rhythm. IMO this program would work a lot better artistically and technically if they would limit themselves to 2 songs.
    my thoughts as well. i really loved the idea of their SD to the sound of music, but their music cuts are way too much.

vCash
    They work so hard in practice that I can understand their look of frustration. The Russian pair passing them had to be salt in a wound for them. They definitely can make the necessary changes to step up the program. Its a competitive sport out there but they have the goods not to mention the look of champions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    They work so hard in practice that I can understand their look of frustration. The Russian pair passing them had to be salt in a wound for them. They definitely can make the necessary changes to step up the program. Its a competitive sport out there but they have the goods not to mention the look of champions.
    I definitely don't think they will just step aside - although I would also think you were crazy if you think that Bobrova and Soloviev will stagnate from now until worlds (presumably the next time they would meet).
    As a fan of both teams, I hope they both make significant improvements every day and both skate amazing programs at every competition. That's what will make a great rivalry and make them both improve the most.

vCash
    I don't think Judges bother so much about the SD's cuts of music.
    This is not a music contest.

I think they need to improuve the FD, technically change something, and skate better to have some higher goe.

Of course RUssians will push to put their couple higher for Sochi ... ( Ilinik in the GPFInal is a prouve)
    So, I hope they will go back to work with ALL the team, to try to recover this season !

vCash
    I really want to see Virtue & Moir and Weaver & Poje on the podium at World's. It would totally make my trip worth it!

I do think they really need to up the technical and get that connection with the audience with their FD. Their SD is wonderful though
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    I don't think Judges bother so much about the SD's cuts of music.
    This is not a music contest.

I think they need to improuve the FD, technically change something, and skate better to have some higher goe.

Of course RUssians will push to put their couple higher for Sochi ... ( Ilinik in the GPFInal is a prouve)
    So, I hope they will go back to work with ALL the team, to try to recover this season !
    I agree about the SD. I don't think there is anything wrong with it and the music cut is just a personal preference. I don't find the SD is worse than their main competitors.

I LOVED the FD when they debuted but now that everyone has their FD's out there and we see which ones are being rewarded they might need to add some more transitions and difficulty to compete and make it impossible for the judges to ignore. I also don't think their FD is any worse then B&S, P&B and C&L. It definitely isn't worse then I&K. For the sake of this post I will just assume at this stage V&M and D&W are unbeatable. Unfortunately for them having a SD and FD that isn't any worse than their closest competitors isn't going to be enough for them as momentum at the moment seems to be with B&S and C&L. Just too crowded there around the podium that it could come down to judges preference and right now I see that with B&S and C&L.

vCash

vCash
    So they reworked their programs......good for them. I really hope it all works out for them.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Cant wait to see the at Nationals. Maybe its better t not skate at GPF, bt will be strong for Natoanls 4CC and WCH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    Thank you. I had started really liking their FD as it was - it had a kind of serene beauty to it. But now I am glad that they are doing whatever is necessary to make the FD even better - I can't wait to see the new version of it. It will be interesting to see whether they really made some changes also to the SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Its a competitive sport out there but they have the goods not to mention the look of champions.
    They certainly do.I have a feeling though that the three top positions are not going to change much if at all till after Sochi when maybe V/M D/W P/B retire .If none of these three go to worlds after olympics I can see W/P straight on the top .
    They have great Chemistry and look like future champs .

vCash
    Happy that they figured put what the problems was !
    More happy that their attitude and motivations are still the same !!
    Can't wait to see them at nationals !

vCash
    I read on GS that Kaitlyn has broken her ankle. I hope it's not this serious. Poor girl.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    What a hard season for them Hope she is OK

vCash
    So do I......a sprain would be easier to deal with even though that would take some time to heal............hopefully it's a false report. I'd hate to see them lose their season at this point
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Nooooooooooooo!!!

vCash
    These potential news are really depressing

I was so looking forward to see their improved FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    These potential news are really depressing

I was so looking forward to see their improved FD.
    Me too Hope its only rumors.
    Without W-P it will be very hard for Canada to save 3 places in ice dance for OG.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast