Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I doubt that Bobrova and Soloviev will be anywhere near Virtue and Moir by the time Sochi starts. I think that Zhulin is an amazing coach, but I don't think that's possible. I don't think they'll be able to challenge Davis and White either.
    I agree as well. I still believe those 2 teams are a notch above the others. Call me naive but I hope whoever skates it and deserves it ends up on the podium whether they're from Russia, N.America or wherever. I hate thinking otherwise even though I know it still happens. I like W/P FD but they weren't happy with how they performed it so I have hope. It's very different/unique and sometimes that can be a plus and other times a minus, but I always appreciate the effort to bring something new to the table no matter what the result.

vCash
    The silver lining in this result IMO is that, despite the fact that Bobrova/Soloviev are much improved compared to last season, Weaver/Poje still beat them on the PCS scores. The levels problems are probably quite easy to fix.

One good thing about the judging panel at Skate America is that I don't think anyone could accuse the technical panel of favouring the Russians, given their nationalities. That will mean that the levels problem can't be passed of as a bias in the technical panel, and will have to be taken seriously and fixed.

To set some context for the result, their PCS scores have improved by over 2 points compared to their first competition last season (Skate Canada).
    Last edited by geoskate; 10-22-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    ...The levels problems are probably quite easy to fix...
    W/P agree...

http://theweaverpojelove.tumblr.com/...adians-kaitlyn

vCash
    I'm very happy that these were fixable mistakes and that they are easily overcome. I love their FD (and their SD).
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I love this FD !
    They took a totally different path from everybody else !
    And I admire them for this !!!!!!
    They have guts !
    Need to work on it, and to make some mechnism more fluent, but I'm sure it will be great !
    They are very good skaters, just need to handle pressure better.
    wish them all the best !

vCash
    Best of luck to them for CoC. ..SD just a few hours away . Go, guys !

vCash
    The free dance will grow on me I think, like their Moulin Rouge freedance. Their SD is my favourite one this year of all the one's i have seen so far.

Good luck to them at CoC, honestly, I really really hope they win!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Kaitlyn's new SD dress is beautiful!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Kaitlyn's new SD dress is beautiful!

I am happy she changed it. The old dress was too plain.

vCash

vCash
    Love it! Solid job and I hope they close the gap with P&B.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Love it! Solid job and I hope they close the gap with P&B.
    Unless PB fall, I don't think that WP will be able to close the gap even if they do win the FD. But we'll see what happens. Personally I hope that PB fall and end up in third so that BS and WP can still make the GPF (because we know that PB will win TEB so they'll make it anyway). I feel like all three of those teams are more deserving of making the GPF than Ilinykh and Katsalapov or Capellini and Lanotte.

vCash
    love the new SD costumes! fit the music better!

vCash
    Awww.......it looks like they won't make the GPfinal this year unless a miracle happens.........oh well, more training time for them.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Awww.......it looks like they won't make the GPfinal this year unless a miracle happens.........oh well, more training time for them.
    oh really? what happened?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    oh really? what happened?
    They placed third in both events - usually the top 6 all have two silvers/golds or a gold and a bronze.

vCash
    3 straight events now where Weaver and Poje's FD spin and diagonal step sequence have been called a level 2 (Ondrej Nepela, Skate America and Cup of China). When are they going to look at tweaking those? The spin matches the character of the program nicely, but they can't be giving up 2 whole points at Worlds. The difference between a level 2 and 3 diagonal step sequence is 1.5 points. A level 4 spin alone would have kept them 2nd in China.

vCash
    I don't care what the judges say. Weaver/Poje's FD is amazing and a masterpiece. I hope they won't change now their FD to something more traditional!

I am so sad for them,sometimes it's like they are running against a wall and I think they deserve much more recognition and respect than they get right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    I don't care what the judges say. Weaver/Poje's FD is amazing and a masterpiece. I hope they won't change now their FD to something more traditional!

I am so sad for them,sometimes it's like they are running against a wall and I think they deserve much more recognition and respect than they get right now.
    But I'm sure there are small things they could change here or there that would enable them to get higher scores without sacrificing their "masterpiece".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    But I'm sure there are small things they could change here or there that would enable them to get higher scores without sacrificing their "masterpiece".
    Of course! Maybe with more transitions they could improve their PCS and they have to raise their levels in the spin and steps.Maybe it's good for them to not getting into the GPF, so they have more training time until Canadians.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast