Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    So, I am not an ice dance fan. Most FD's hold my attention for about 30 seconds. I watched this twice. Simply gorgeous. Is there a story behind the choreography?
    From what I've gathered, Andrew is bringing Kaitlyn, a statue, to life and dancing with her then restoring her. But I don't think they've disclosed their story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    their FD music sounds familiar to me. did it get featured in a movie as a soundtrack? somehow, bits of it reminds me of an instrumental piece by the irish sibling group the corrs.
    It's from the League of Extraordinary Dancers

vCash
    I like this program a lot - it needs mileage and complexity for them to get on the podium.

I have always loved Andrew but now I see Kaitlyn coming into her own. She is a far cry from the young girl who first teamed up with Andrew.

They will be good role models for Paul and Piper where one person is not as refined as the other.

vCash
    Oh, emdee . I had to step away from my computer for a bit after reading your post.

It's as if being role models for G/P is the most important thing. At last , a useful purpose for W/P.

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way .. but it just struck me funny..

Somehow ,I don't think G/P are wanting to adopt W/P as role models. They seem to be trying to progress by another route , entirely.

vCash
    Glad I killed you Pratfall!

Maybe G&P want another route but there is NO other.She has to improve to reach Paul's level no if, ands or buts. This is what Kaitlin had to do and she has done it. No amount of tricks can hide the fact.

Besides role models are very important as they create a skating tradition. Canada has had a mens tradition for many years and a pairs tradition. Now a dance tradition. The good women have skated in isolation. Never making the cut for one reason or another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    It's from the League of Extraordinary Dancers
    yes i know that but i've never heard of that group before. i meant that the music sounds like i've heard it from elsewhere that i'm familiar with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I thought about this too. But she is a statue so she dont need more flexibility or more extension in this story line.
    I think thats why they choose this story
    ahaha! good one there, pani. but then again, she is being brought to life, so that's when she needs to do the flexibility and stretch. she is not a statue all throughout the program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I actually think they could surprise and take the silver in London. I have a feeling Davis & White will lose even more ground to Virtue & Moir this year and fall back closer to the other contenders.
    W/P face D/W at Skate America. Let's see how that one pans out.

Anyway, D/W beat V/M at the WTT after Worlds 2012. I don't see D/W conceding anything to anyone.

vCash
    I am impressed with their FD. Well done W&P. Your time is now indeed. Although they didn't podium in the last Worlds, I like their skating and am glad that it is looking like they will have a good chance to podium at the rate they are improving. Good luck W&P.
    BTW, why are many ice-dancers so good looking?

vCash
    Holy smokes their FD is AMAAAAAAZING!! I was lukewarm towards Je Suis Malade because of my taste in music, but The LXD's classically modern composition is one of my favorite type of music to listen to.

The choreography is superb, reminded me of SYTYCD's Turn to Stone routine. W/P dancing is so fluid and their lines are exquisite! This is probably one of my favorite FD of all time even with the fancam! I really hope they can get onto the World's Podium with this!!

vCash
    SD down and very nice. Good luck to them today in the FD. Here's hoping they can make it to the podium in 2nd place, and also to the GP final eventually
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    SD down and very nice. Good luck to them today in the FD. Here's hoping they can make it to the podium in 2nd place, and also to the GP final eventually
    They ended up 3rd, with an unaccountable 91 in the FD. Judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hogjp2qkCJY

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Everyone in the audience around me was pretty shocked by their score (as was I).

vCash
    They had some level issues - they were quite far behind BS on tech, but BS actually had the highest tech mark.
    They'll be fine though at Cup of China - hopefully they can perform their FD up to their standards.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FD_Scores.pdf
    Level 2 on both steps as well as the spin
    Level 3 twizzles

vCash
    How well do W/P have to do at CoC to qualify the finals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    How well do W/P have to do at CoC to qualify the finals?
    Depends - I'd think at a minimum second with a higher score than BS (Or higher score than Shibs/IK if one gets silver at NHK and other gets silver at CoR)

vCash
    Truthfully I'm worried that W & P are not going to get their due at worlds this year. Can we really expect 3 North American dance teams to be on the world podium? Even if they deserve to be? There are 5 former Soviet country judges in judging pool for the dance event at worlds. W & P will have to be SO much better than B & S, they will have to get all their levels, and B & S will have to make a mistake for W & P to be placed ahead of them. Even then I'm not sure it will happen. Any competition result like Skate America just provides justification for not having the 3 NA teams on the world podium. Boy I have gotten cynical im my old age!
    But on the other hand maybe all the competitions will be called super fairly and the results will come out exactly as it was skated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by googooeyes View Post
    Truthfully I'm worried that W & P are not going to get their due at worlds this year. Can we really expect 3 North American dance teams to be on the world podium?
    Possibly at World's in Canada but not in Sochi. Guaranteed that -- rightly or wrongly -- Bobrova and Soloviev will be neck and neck with D/W and V/M by the GP next year setting up a fight for the Gold in Sochi. They are likely to hit the podium in London this year, too. Depends on how well W/P skate and get the audience into it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Possibly at World's in Canada but not in Sochi. Guaranteed that -- rightly or wrongly -- Bobrova and Soloviev will be neck and neck with D/W and V/M by the GP next year setting up a fight for the Gold in Sochi. They are likely to hit the podium in London this year, too. Depends on how well W/P skate and get the audience into it.
    I doubt that Bobrova and Soloviev will be anywhere near Virtue and Moir by the time Sochi starts. I think that Zhulin is an amazing coach, but I don't think that's possible. I don't think they'll be able to challenge Davis and White either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I doubt that Bobrova and Soloviev will be anywhere near Virtue and Moir by the time Sochi starts. I think that Zhulin is an amazing coach, but I don't think that's possible. I don't think they'll be able to challenge Davis and White either.
    Don't think so either. And I wouldn't take Pechalat/Bourzat out of contention for the bronze medal at next Worlds just as yet, we haven't seen them compete in the GP series, have we? Some people think P/B got their retirement world medal last season and shouldn't expect to repeat but I'm not sure that's how it works. Well, only time will tell.

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast