Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    So, I am not an ice dance fan. Most FD's hold my attention for about 30 seconds. I watched this twice. Simply gorgeous. Is there a story behind the choreography?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I'm sure I'm not alone on this. W/P's FD took my breathe away! They're so gonna have a great, great season!

vCash
    I absolutely love W&Ps FD. It's really stunning and they skated it very well considering how early in the season it is. I won't be surprised if it's the most interesting FD we see this year. It's already more interesting that what we've seen of C&L, P&B etc.

As for the SD, I think there are too many music cuts, but I can see the potential in the program - especially the way it builds towards the end. I think the Canadian crowd at worlds will eat it up. Right now at this competition, it looked like they were thinking their way through it so the expression could be better. I also hope they get new costumes. Think they need something more dynamic to match the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    So, I am not an ice dance fan. Most FD's hold my attention for about 30 seconds. I watched this twice. Simply gorgeous. Is there a story behind the choreography?
    I don't know if I'm right but I've got an impression that she was a statue coming to life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kapriza View Post
    I don't know if I'm right but I've got an impression that she was a statue coming to life
    Similar to me. I imagined he was molding and manipulating her from clay. Her costume works for both our imaginations.

eta.. in some ways I don't want to know what they were thinking. I see it as art and it's what the viewer decides it is.

vCash
    People praise some half-done, first-outed ladies' programs as "masterpiece" already. And I'm thinking that masterpieces are more keen to programs like W/P's FD because they actually live with music and their movements are so heavenly. How can people move like that?!

vCash
    their FD music sounds familiar to me. did it get featured in a movie as a soundtrack? somehow, bits of it reminds me of an instrumental piece by the irish sibling group the corrs.

vCash
    W&P FD gave me goosebumps (in a good way), just lovely and so totally the opposite from what they have done in the past, so showing how versatile they really are. Hope they have a fantastic season... I may be in the minority but I also enjoyed their SD, perhaps because I am such a huge fan of the sound of music, no it may not be their best or most memorable SD ever, but it is still a really good vehicle for them, and I rather like her simple blue dress, beats the monstrosity that Chock is wearing, talk about bad taste, so there; different strokes for different folks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    I may be in the minority but I also enjoyed their SD, perhaps because I am such a huge fan of the sound of music, no it may not be their best or most memorable SD ever, but it is still a really good vehicle for them, and I rather like her simple blue dress, beats the monstrosity that Chock is wearing, talk about bad taste, so there; different strokes for different folks...
    I agree, I think the SD is a good vehicle for them. I also like Kaitlyn's SD dress; it's perfect for this program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    their FD music sounds familiar to me. did it get featured in a movie as a soundtrack? somehow, bits of it reminds me of an instrumental piece by the irish sibling group the corrs.
    It reminds me somewhat of the "Forbidden Friendship" song from the animated movie "How to train your dragon", only slower.

Piano version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgaMBcfsVeE

Movie version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD2OBcBCywM
    Last edited by rvi5; 10-07-2012 at 02:42 AM.

vCash
    Hey all. I remember reading a fan Q & A that W/P did a few weeks back, and I believe the story for the FD is pretty much what we've deduced. As far as I remeber, he is the sculptor, and she is his statue, and he brings her to life. I was particularly impressed by the fact that they were really able to portray the theme throughout.

One thing I'm sure of is the music, which comes from the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers (often referred to as The LXD) soundtrack (it's a dance troupe that broadcasts their performaces in episode format online). I haven't been able to figure out which episode the music is from, but I'm pretty sure this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN9ivP6Xuhs

vCash
    Yes ,I was feeling a little uncertain when I read that interview... but this FD is fabulous. I really feel they have something special , here ..again.

http://www.sport-folio.net/en/galler...1-899119238255

Which of them looks more beautiful ?

vCash
    im really liking the choreo and music of their fd. i just hope kaitlyn would polish her lines further--more stretch, more extension, more toe point. the choreo would sing more if she does those

vCash
    Maybe it has something to do with the coverage/quality of the video but I was a bit underwhelmed.
    I really hate the costume. I agree she is a statue coming to life, so I think the costume should be skin toned.
    It needs a lot of work but I see how it can build.
    I really wish Katelyn had more flexibility through her hips as some moves seem awkward and like a strain for her.
    The music is gorgeous though and it seemed to fly by.
    I am kind over their second lift. They have done it the same way pretty much for three seasons. it's time to retire it. Also in general thought the lifts were quick. is their a new Lift time requirement this year.
    However I am thrilled to see them skate with confidence and maturity. I will probably feel better about once it has miles and it is carried with better video quality etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with the coverage/quality of the video but I was a bit underwhelmed.
    I really hate the costume. I agree she is a statue coming to life, so I think the costume should be skin toned.
    It needs a lot of work but I see how it can build.
    I really wish Katelyn had more flexibility through her hips as some moves seem awkward and like a strain for her.
    The music is gorgeous though and it seemed to fly by.
    I am kind over their second lift. They have done it the same way pretty much for three seasons. it's time to retire it. Also in general thought the lifts were quick. is their a new Lift time requirement this year.
    However I am thrilled to see them skate with confidence and maturity. I will probably feel better about once it has miles and it is carried with better video quality etc.
    indeed she is a statue coming to life in this theme, but i think the gray color would look more appealing than a nude color--makes her look more like a grecian statue (think of greek goddesses) than a mannequin

and i couldnt agree more on kaitlyn's lack of flexibility/stretch

vCash
    IMO a skin toned costume would be all kinds of wrong, the grey colour on the other hand, suggests a carved stone statue, plus it looks good against the ice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    im really liking the choreo and music of their fd. i just hope kaitlyn would polish her lines further--more stretch, more extension, more toe point. the choreo would sing more if she does those
    I thought about this too. But she is a statue so she dont need more flexibility or more extension in this story line.
    I think thats why they choose this story

vCash
    The reason I picked nude toned but more like a soft peach pink is what I meant was because it would match her skin tone and then it would be the same tone form head to toe. As most statues are the same grey or alabaster in the face/ head as well.
    Regardless I still hate the costume. Perhaps it will look better on a better quality screen. But it looked very washed out to me and unflattering.

vCash
    OMG ! I love this FD !!!!
    Love the Sculptor and his creation concept !!! Love K's marble dress !
    Love the beginning, the lift ! Wau !!!
    Really after malade I thought nothing could be better, but this looks really beautiful !!
    I like that it's them on the ice !
    Now they have to work on levels and on SD, but I'm so impressed !!!
    GO WP !!!

vCash
    WOW, their freedance is stunningly beautiful. So excited to watch them all season long!

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast