Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I think Shae-Lynn Bourne did it, I remember seeing it on twitter. And aww I know I'm not really keen on V/M's Ain't No Mountain High, but their Hallelujah is amazing!!
    Thanks for that info, Shayii. Shae would have been my guess, too. She still does a lot of their choreography; I know she did a lot of "Je Suis Malade".

I know what you mean, pani, but I do think Kaitlyn has improved her posture a lot over the last couple of years. She seems to have strengthened her core to provide her with more stability in her positions. In this case, I think the hunching was a stylistic choice...it fits with the mood of the music and program, imo. Joannie and Tessa have some of the best basics I have ever seen, so I think most skaters would lose that comparison but this is another area in which Kaitlyn is improving a lot.

I think Kaitlyn and Andrew are great performers, capable of reaching the top row. I am so happy they are part of this tour

vCash
    This my point - Kaitlyn really improved a lot and she still working on her skating. But canadian native skaters (ice dancers) usually have much batter skating skills (like her patner). So i cant see how W-P could be on top in future/ But never say never
    Its like Kerrs - i love them, but there basic technick wasnt good, thats why they never were on yop/ But they are the start in shows.
    And maybe Shae thinks this over=drama style is best for ice dance. She and Victor try to show something different, but judges perfer overdrama in that time.
    But this stile not boring for sure

vCash
    I'm a huge fan of both teams but for different reasons. Ironnic though that Scott and Andrew come from the same roots (Tessa as well)...Paul McIntosh really taught them great basics and it's carried them through. Weaver and Poje have improved tremedously and continue to do so. I must say that I really loved their choices in music this year and hope they continue to pick fan pleasing pieces in the future. I believe they will be on top of the podium (or at least on it) in due time. Of course it doesn't at all hurt that they are a striking couple, both tall and long-legged and elegant.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    This my point - Kaitlyn really improved a lot and she still working on her skating. But canadian native skaters (ice dancers) usually have much batter skating skills (like her patner). So i cant see how W-P could be on top in future/ But never say never
    Its like Kerrs - i love them, but there basic technick wasnt good, thats why they never were on yop/ But they are the start in shows.
    And maybe Shae thinks this over=drama style is best for ice dance. She and Victor try to show something different, but judges perfer overdrama in that time.
    But this stile not boring for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I'm a huge fan of both teams but for different reasons. Ironnic though that Scott and Andrew come from the same roots (Tessa as well)...Paul McIntosh really taught them great basics and it's carried them through. Weaver and Poje have improved tremedously and continue to do so. I must say that I really loved their choices in music this year and hope they continue to pick fan pleasing pieces in the future. I believe they will be on top of the podium (or at least on it) in due time. Of course it doesn't at all hurt that they are a striking couple, both tall and long-legged and elegant.
    I agree, pani, Kaitlyn will have to continue to work very hard on her basics in order to climb onto the world podium. What makes me hopeful is that these two have a great work ethic and, as clarie has pointed out, have improved a lot over the seasons, and they have a great team around them (Punsalan, Annenko, Bourne, Krylova, and Camerlengo...and I may have left someone out), capable of identifying their weaknesses and playing up their strengths. And, as clarie has also pointed out, their overall look doesn't hurt. I agree, never say never

Interesting point about drama and Shae's experience with the judges when she and Vic skated...I never thought about that.

I love what Kaitlyn and Andrew have done with this piece of music...their faces and bodies so effectively conveyed all the emotions that the music and program theme demanded of them. I can't wait to see this program live!

and I agree, clarie, Paul MacIntosh is awesome--he really provides his students with a solid foundation.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 05-02-2012 at 10:06 AM.

vCash
    kaitlyn kind of reminds me of shae lynn herself--the problems with posture and carriage, frenetic movements. i hope the team around them makes her see those issues and really work on them.

vCash
    I don't know if this has been posted previously, but it's a really nice montage/ tribute to Kaitlyn and Andrew. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fQoLBX0La0w

BTW, is theirs a love story off the ice too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted previously, but it's a really nice montage/ tribute to Kaitlyn and Andrew. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fQoLBX0La0w

BTW, is theirs a love story off the ice too?
    Loverly montage...thnx aftershocks

They say they are "platonic", but that may have changed. Who knows, the main thing is that they connect on the ice, enough that people want to "ship" them The same syndrome as V/M
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I have impression now all teams try to look like V-M
    W-P work so hard to build some special connection.
    I think they spend all time together in Nice, so i think they are a couple of ice. But the different story with V-M
    And now D-W work on this too. Meryl all they time during interviews try to look at Charlie, like Tessa did
    One interesting thing for me - V-M become OGM only because they know how to look at each other?

vCash
    I like them !
    Think they improved so much !!
    I really don't think they are training their "togetherness " skills too !
    Neither D/V !
    Wasn't this a thread about them ?

vCash
    Welcome, tut88! I hope you enjoy participating in FSU!

More vids from CSOI (Halifax)--thanks to jl22aries, pani, and marikat for posting these in the V&M thread:

"Je Suis Malade":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtMgRbi4qo

"Up" ensemble number:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPnVBlBODqw

"Good Feeling" Women's number:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LboHZ_7qOE

"Rolling In the Deep" ensemble number:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89P9...feature=relmfu

"Dog Days Are Over" ensemble number:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe_NJ...=ULaTZsgQixDM0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Loverly montage...thnx aftershocks

They say they are "platonic", but that may have changed. Who knows, the main thing is that they connect on the ice, enough that people want to "ship" them The same syndrome as V/M
    They say they're platonic? At one competition, I forget which one, the camera showed a backstage shot of them and they looked ANYTHING but platonic, they were all over each other.

vCash
    I would love to see that clip I'm beginning to ship them almost as much as I do with Virtue/Moir!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    You're so right
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I have always enjoyed W/P and was sad that Crone/Poirier went to 2010 Olys instead of them. Wonder what impact Gillies and Poirier will have on future Canadian and world scenes

vCash
    I, for one, don't want to talk about them here..they can't hold a candle to W/P , and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

vCash
    I have to agree with you there

vCash
    Bournekraatzfan THANK YOU !!!
    Both for video and for the welcome !!
    I've been reading since ages but decided it's much more funnier writing, joining the club !

Wau hot pic, I agree !!

I think they NEVER said that platonic thing, it was an OLD interview and the platonic was not a quote but part of the article.
    They really look to me anything but platonic.

I agree about the Olypics too Pratfall!!

I am so so so curious about this new season free dance ! Je suis malade was great, what's going to be next ? After the BIG success ?
    Can't wait for next season !
    I wish they'll come up with new lifts !

vCash
    Hi! I am also a huge W&P fan.
    I hope they can win a world medal next year.

vCash
    W/P were so good last night at Stars on Ice! I was at the Toronto show, and they really fit in well with that amazing cast. Both their numbers were great (I was really impressed by the Shake it Out one), and they were fantastic in the group numbers as well (Andrew in particular during the men's number).

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast