Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Kaitlin and Andrew did a beautiful gala program!! Vole de Céline Dion!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frisette70 View Post
    Yes....I was releived to see them there in the gala. Wonderful program.
    Addicted to FSU

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    LG, we get it. In your opinion no one is as good in D/W and since THIS is a thread about W/P And there are many who beg to differ about the music carrying D/W, why don't you do us all a favour and take your negative posts elsewhere. Please.
    I wasn't the one who compared W/P to D/W, it was brought up after my original statement which said nothing about D/W. I simply compared W/P to the compliments they have been getting, after watching their program, and didn't feel impressed as the overblown comments I've been reading. It has nothing to do with D/W. W/P's music was great, but are they the next big thing as far as technical ability? I'm just not seeing it. From the perspective of watching their program with the music, I can definitely see, though, how everyone can get carried away with how great they are, because it's an emotional piece.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frisette70 View Post
    Shame about Celine but it was a gorgeous program.

W/P are the Eurosport guys' newest obsession. They are gushing

vCash
    I think W/P are everyone's new obsession. They had the crowd (and the commentators) eating out of their hands is Nice. By far the best I've even seen W/P skate. I have my own issues with their placement behind the French, but besides that an amazing competition for them. I honestly think they stole the show in the FD. If I were V/M and D/W, I'd be looking behind me and getting worried. I think W/P may be the only team capable of challenging them (maybe not quite yet, but soon). Fantastic!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    LG, we get it. In your opinion no one is as good in D/W and since THIS is a thread about W/P And there are many who beg to differ about the music carrying D/W, why don't you do us all a favour and take your negative posts elsewhere. Please.
    It boggles me the amount of people who come into uber threads to criticize. I'm not sure they understand the point of an uber thread.

vCash
    I loved Kaitlyn and Andrew's gala program so much.. it reminds me of Joannie's tribute skate to her mom at the Gala during the Olympics though, which makes me sad.

vCash
    Weaver & Poje will win the silver medal at Worlds next year behind Virtue & Moir. A 1-2 finish for Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    D/W are not "carried" by their music either, which is definitely the impression I got with W/P.
    Interesting - because that's the impression I got with D&W...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Weaver & Poje will win the silver medal at Worlds next year behind Virtue & Moir. A 1-2 finish for Canada.
    Well that would be very nice, but I wouldn't make any predictions at this point in time; however, it's not an impossibillity for certain, but they definitely are challengers for the bronze (as they were this year). I definitely would like to see 3 North American teams on the podium (2 of them Canadian of course ).
    Last edited by clarie; 04-03-2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: sp
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    The 4th place team in 2008 was Belbin/Agosto. They won silver the following year.

The 4th place team in 2009 was Davis/White. They won silver the following year.

Maybe W/P follow them as opposed to P/B, who were fourth two years running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    The 4th place team in 2008 was Belbin/Agosto. They won silver the following year.

The 4th place team in 2009 was Davis/White. They won silver the following year.

Maybe W/P follow them as opposed to P/B, who were fourth two years running.
    Thanks for that. I could see history repeating itself.

vCash
    Oops, I meant to say "May W/P follow them," not "Maybe."

I would love a 1-2 finish next year. Hopefully with programs as good as the ones W/P had this season.

vCash
    Love Weaver and Poje but still cannot believe they will likely win a world medal before Poirier...

What a difference a few years can make!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    Love Weaver and Poje but still cannot believe they will likely win a world medal before Poirier...

What a difference a few years can make!
    It's truly incredible! I wouldn't have expected this to happen just two years ago.

vCash
    I know they didn't get the medal they deserved (not that P&B didn't deserve theirs), but did they at least receive some cash for coming in 4th, and if so, how much does a 4th placement get. I don't keep track of these things but certainly some $$$ would help with their training/living costs.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I would like to see the Short Dance & Free Dance split into two different competitions.
    That way W/P would have won Gold in the Free Dance

vCash
    Do you think there's any chance W/P would stay on until after Sochi? Not sure I've really heard them discuss their 'plan' but it would be nice if they did. At least for a one or two more seasons to get that World Title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Do you think there's any chance W/P would stay on until after Sochi? Not sure I've really heard them discuss their 'plan' but it would be nice if they did. At least for a one or two more seasons to get that World Title.
    At the rate they're continuing to improve, and how much it seems they love to skate and compete, I'd say it is VERY likely they will continue. That's, of course, mostly wishful thinking.

vCash
    I have mixed feelings. W/P had much better programs this year than last and have boosted their musical interpretation a lot. They have gotten their levels up and are maxing them out so they are good there. Plus they are so freakin hot, how can you not root for 'em?

But two things concern me:
    1. I don't find them to be as adept on the blade as some other pairs in terms of handling complex footwork and choreo. Their edges are deep but they seem to be careful skaters to me. Their twizzles are careful and slow compared to others. They have compensated by upping their musical interpretation.
    2. The top 8 or so entries are bunching up in the marks and I'm not 100% sure why. The devil in me thinks it's the gradual process to create a changing of the guard in dance. I say that diplomatically. I don't think we'll see 3 NA teams on the podium in Sochi so something's going to give. I just have a feeling that W/P will be passed and likely by a Russian team if not also by others.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast