Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Haven't seem the performance yet, but I was wondering what happened to Kaitlyn's knee. In the FD pic on ice network, it looks like she cut it pretty badly.

vCash
    I heard she stated that the ice was rough. I think it was more of a scrape than a cut, but it really started bleeding at the end of their program where she travels on her knee for the final pose. That was the most emotionally charged FD I have ever seen, and like Krylova, I had a tear in my eye.
    Addicted to FSU

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    W/P were ***ok*** but not as great as everyone is saying. I can't help but wonder if their music is so over-dramatic, that it makes them seem better than they are? It really is powerful music, but are they as powerful skaters as the music? Not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    W/P were ***ok*** but not as great as everyone is saying. I can't help but wonder if their music is so over-dramatic, that it makes them seem better than they are? It really is powerful music, but are they as powerful skaters as the music? Not so much.

W/P were more than OK and the judges deemed it so. Sorry you don't appear to be of the same opinion. If you want to speak about couples using the music to drive their skating and the reaction to it, you could say the same thing about D/W who also used music that carried them.

Really, what IS it about some posters who insist on coming into "uber" threads just so they can post their negative opinions.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I could argue the same about D&W and DF.

Anyway, you're sounding very bitter leafy. Guess you had a bad couple days?

vCash
    I have been waiting for a couple that can move me as much as W/P did last night to come along for so many years! I don't think I was moved so much since Marina and Gwendal (and that says A LOT). The first thing I need to see in a couple to love them is chemistry and passion. And they definitely have that. I'm with them 100%. Their FD was my favourite moment of the championships so far!

vCash
    Seriously? I have watched it several times already, it brought the ice queen herself to tears!!!!!

I was so impressed with them. Easily the skate of night for me
    I only wished they were the bronze winners...

vCash
    Weaver and Poje had the skate of the night for me too. Loved it.

Kaitlyn is really improving which is nice to see. I thought she looked down in her knees more yesterday than I've seen her before. There are times when she can use more stretch in her free leg and I'm sure Krylova will continue to work on that. Andrew is so great and such a steady partner. I loved their circ footwork sequence. It had such deep edges and great flow.

Very curious to see what Camerlengo gives them next year. I hope they will have great material again!

vCash
    My favorite performance of the competition.
    The more I watch them, the more I love them.
    I want them so badly to end up on a World's podium. I will be tricky, but they are so expressive. It's not that they are so pretty (though they are), but that they are so completely sincere in their musical expression. They and their coaches are a match made in heaven.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    They and their coaches are a match made in heaven.
    I think so too.

W/P just keep getting better and better. I really hope they make it to the World podium some day.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    I came on this thread to say how happy I am for W/P. But did not expect to see such a negative reaction to Nathalie & Fabians bronze.
    Maybe some of you should be more like Kaitlyn & be happy for them instead of saying it's a home-country medal.
    Will you be saying that next year if W/P get a medal?.
    But I really am happy for them. I've loved their free all season. Kaitlyn seems like a classy girl
    I think you need to read my post a bit closer. My "negative reaction" to Fabian and Nathalie's Bronze has nothing to do w/them and everything to do w/how they were judged and, I hate to break it to you, but I never did say it was a home country medal. That is what's being said in other places by other people however and also that due to Worlds being in Canada next year, Kaitlyn and Andrew will get their Medal then.

My problem w/what happened has nothing to do w/the skaters and everything to do w/the judging of the event. When it's been pointed so much how important the twizzles are in the Dance event, one of the two of the team falls out of them in the SD, a required element, and said SD was also very cautious for very understandable reasons, but still cautious in performance. You put that beside Kaitlyn and Andrew's not a skate blade wrong SD and..If it was a point difference of a point or so after all was said and done in the SD between Fabian/Nathalie and Kaitlyn/Andrew, that I would have understood and that would have been fair. A three point difference though? No, that I didn't and still don't understand it.

I can't be happy for Fabian and Nathalie's long overdue medal just because there is that whiff of suspect judging there and for two hard working, classy and never heard a bad thing about people and skaters, that's beyond a shame. Also hurts the sport again because once again, people are wondering about the judging in skating and if it's fair.

That does no one or the sport any good.

vCash
    I agree, their musical expression is, for me, the best of them all. I mean, really, them ALL.

I was thinking back on some the range of their acting abilities, and dinakt I agree with you about the sincerity of their expression, which is especially amazing when seen in so many different types of dances (last year's At Last, this year's SD. I mean, they made campy Moulin somehow work for me. Aaaand they also made Phantom work for me too.)

I always liked this team but never really considered them. But they snuck in and had me fall in love with them.

WP reminded me about what makes figure skating so magical. It's not always as simple as a great skate, even if the skate is technically masterful and interpreted well. There are those very special skates and skaters that take it to another level, I mean truly transcendent, wherein I'm suddenly not thinking at all, just feeling, and my imagination has been reawakened. Some skaters have a passion for the sport, and they're beautiful skaters. And some skaters have a passion for the artform on an intrinsic, basic need sort of level...and that's when it's just magic.
    Last edited by jl22aries; 03-31-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Apparently I'm not done raving.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Their Phantom was my personal favourite out of all the PotO programs we got for 09-10 Season. Also loved how they were the only ones who used the music box rendition of Masquerade in their program. AFAIK, they're the only ones I've seen use it in their program I've seen over the years.

It just cast such a spell in the arena at 09 Skate Canada in K-W and really was such a special program. A shame it never got skated at the Olympics.

vCash
    Chipping in here to say that I think I only saw W&P's SD from one of the GP event and hadn't seen their FD up until yesterday. It really blew me away. Lovely expression (I overuse that word) and emotion and was a really beautiful program. The music was great for them and they used it so well. A pleasure to watch.

Sometimes it is good not to watch skaters throughout the season and then see them at the best moment. Makes it special and memorable.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    W/P are great and are going in the right direction improving all the time.I don't think they will get on the worlds podium till after olympics when maybe V/M P/B and maybe D/W retire.Then I expect W/P and I/K/ to battle it out as the top two couples IMO .

vCash
    Congratulations to Weaver/Poje on two great skates at Worlds. I continue to be impressed by their improvement over the last two seasons. They also have learned how to compete as well as they practice. Great to see.

Their placement here should help continue to bolster their reputation with the Canadian judges. They may need that next season given what I think has been a definite tendency in past years for Canadian judges to undermark them compared to more favoured skaters. (That's my opinion only, at it may be an incorrect perception of Canadian judges, but it certainly has appeared like that to me over the past few years).

However, it's that same lack of favouritism that has forced them to become the great skaters they are today, so in the end it turned out to be a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    You know it's a great skate when the commentators don't do any commentating during the program. And I loved that Angelika cried.

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post

W/P were more than OK and the judges deemed it so. Sorry you don't appear to be of the same opinion. If you want to speak about couples using the music to drive their skating and the reaction to it, you could say the same thing about D/W who also used music that carried them.

Really, what IS it about some posters who insist on coming into "uber" threads just so they can post their negative opinions.
    Seriously! And I don't agree that the music made either W/P or D/W seem better than they actually are. They're both great skaters with great choreographers/coaches - if they weren't, the music would just wash them out.

I do feel Fabian and Nathalie deserved the bronze although I thought the margin would be by a less. Regardless, good for them.

vCash
    What?!!!!!! No Weaver and Poje in the Gala. That's so disappointing!!!! I wonder why.
    Addicted to FSU

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I could argue the same about D&W and DF.

Anyway, you're sounding very bitter leafy. Guess you had a bad couple days?
    What? There's nothing bitter about that. How about watch W/P on mute and see if their program looks as good as D/W, and you will see that's a ridiculous statement. D/W are not "carried" by their music either, which is definitely the impression I got with W/P.

vCash
    What? There's nothing bitter about that. How about watch W/P on mute and see if their program looks as good as D/W, and you will see that's a ridiculous statement. D/W are not "carried" by their music either, which is definitely the impression I got with W/P.
    LG, we get it. In your opinion no one is as good in D/W and since THIS is a thread about W/P And there are many who beg to differ about the music carrying D/W, why don't you do us all a favour and take your negative posts elsewhere. Please.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast