Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    Chris on Eurosport was in awe of their performance tonight. He said that one day they will be "unbeatable". And the Eurosport guys have a good history of picking future champions - I remember when they said the same about Scott and Tessa!
    Can't wait to see the clip when it comes out! Their SD Eurosport clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZP7q...L4us5YyCgnMiA=

vCash
    If anyone can make a polka look sexy, (next year's SD), then W&P can . It will be interesting.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I'm so proud of them for laying that performance out there tonight.

I'm also sad to see this program go but happy it went out on such a high note!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Well, I have a problem w/P&B's Bronze, but nothing that was their fault. That Fabian's complete and obvious screw up on the twizzles and their cautiousness last night, which w/Nathalie's injury was understandable, in their SD was placed above Kaitlyn and Andrew's fantastic ice melting w/amazing twizzles last night should not have happened to begin w/, but w/the point difference? I would have been okay w/them behind a point or so, but not w/the amount of the point spread between them considering we all know just how much those twizzles are worth in the SD *and* a required element.

However, as I said, that's not Fabian or Nathalie's fault and the really sad thing is I like them, but I just can't celebrate this long awaited medal for them thanks to the judging. It just proves to many out there in the public that skating's still fixed and I *know* I'll be getting grilled about this one the next time I'm out and about too.

What makes this even worse though? That it doesn't matter how hard Kaitlyn and Andrew work over the off season, nor how great of programs they'll have next year, because Worlds are in Canada next year the buzz will be they'll be getting a homecooked medal then. That talk's already starting now in some places.

That does Kaitlyn and Andrew no good, nor does it help the image of the sport either. While I wish I could celebrate what was one Hell of a way to perform these two programs for the final time, I just...I've just got this bittersweet feeling.

Oh and someone needs to stop PJ Kwong and her "PJ's Picks". Good Lord on High, w/the Pairs and Ice Dance, she's starting to get into Barb Underhill territory w/jinxing skaters she says will land on the Podium this Worlds. It's getting a wee bit scary.

vCash
    I just love this team. They seem so incredibly classy and sweet. They bore the disappointments of missing the Olys and coming in second last year so well, in that it seemed to focus their energy even more on their skating. They express themselves so effectively in so many different types of dances.

And I just love how Weaver makes it a point to say "thank you" in the native language of wherever they're performing. It's a super cute and gracious gesture. LOVE THEM. (Have yet to see their FD so I am off to do my fanwork.)

It also seems like wherever they perform, they win the crowd. That's some charm they've got.

vCash
    I think Weaver/Poje should keep "Je Suis Malade" for one more season. Usually I don't like that, but that program is a masterpiece.

vCash
    I would love to see "Malade" for another season as well, it really is one of my favorite FDs under COP. However, repeating a program typically doesn't work well for dance teams. We'll just have to hope that they come up with another amazing program for next year!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I've actually been wondering if they'll take it on tour w/them for CSOI.

vCash
    love reading all the positive comments in this thread. I am so, so proud of Kaitlyn and Andrew, and while I agree with the final standings (but didn't expect such a difference in the FD scores between P&B and W&P as I thought Kaitlyn and Andrew might fare better than they did in IN and P/E), I think W&P had more freedom and abandon than any of the teams. They really struck a perfect balance between throwing themselves into the performance and staying clean. Their edges were gorgeous today, and their unison was so on. I was as emotional as the lovely Anjelika after that skate. Just stunning.

Congratulations, Kaitlyn and Andrew!
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 03-30-2012 at 07:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I've actually been wondering if they'll take it on tour w/them for CSOI.
    that would be awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I think Weaver/Poje should keep "Je Suis Malade" for one more season. Usually I don't like that, but that program is a masterpiece.
    I hope they keep it as an exhibition, but I don't think the judges will give them the marks they deserve if they keep it. Also, I want them to have new music and new programs so they can improve in other ways and not get bored.

vCash
    I actually thought that they did better at GPF (I felt that most teams did) but I still felt like they have been underscored all season. I'm really glad that they scored above 100, but I thought they should have been closer to 102. I thought that overall, they had the second best pair of programs to Virtue and Moir, but I knew that them getting silver was out of the question because it would mean that Davis and White would have to be fourth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I hope they keep it as an exhibition, but I don't think the judges will give them the marks they deserve if they keep it. Also, I want them to have new music and new programs so they can improve in other ways and not get bored.
    Agreed. Especially in ice dance, and with a program as successful as it was, do not use it again. Leave it,as is with wonderful memories, and a wonderful season. Next year is pre-Olympic and you don't want a setback.

Congrats to them. For me they had the performance of the night and Kaitlyn was so sweet to P/B it was just lovely. Especially when you think back to past 'behaviours' in ice dance. It's just so awesome that all these teams are so supportive and friendly with each other, I love it!

vCash
    Please provide one example of when one of Ms. Underhill's predictions did not go right. She is a genius in her proclamations.

vCash
    That was a stunning performance! I have enjoyed this program all season long and I love how they skated it at Worlds. Such passion and so clean (those twizzles were amazing). I was mesmerized all the way through and like Krylova, was choked up by the end. Just superb.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash

vCash
    I wonder what they will do next year. I think that Malade would have worked really well in contrast to the Yankee Polka SD (BLEGH) but I don't want them to repeat it. Maybe they could try something classical? Or they could go with a crazy all percussion dance like Krylova and Ovsiannikov did!

vCash
    I came on this thread to say how happy I am for W/P. But did not expect to see such a negative reaction to Nathalie & Fabians bronze.
    Maybe some of you should be more like Kaitlyn & be happy for them instead of saying it's a home-country medal.
    Will you be saying that next year if W/P get a medal?.
    But I really am happy for them. I've loved their free all season. Kaitlyn seems like a classy girl

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Weaver and Poje program really moved me emotionally - I remember Andrew having to skate by himself in KW when he didn't have a partner and look at him now I think these two will continue to train and work hard hard and the timing for Sochi will be perfect.. Great job!
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I think next year Weaver & Poje might move up to a silver or bronze at Worlds. They really are improving fast.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast