Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well, it's hard to imagine a skating dress that looks more cheap and tacky than one that has both tiger print and tassels. All over. And when you add very strong make up to the mix...

It really is possible to design a costume that stands out but is stylish at the same time.

No complaints about the skating, though.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-26-2011 at 12:35 PM.

vCash
    Weaver and Poje are growing on me. But let's be honest, when they're skating/ dancing our eyes are mostly glued to him!

Somehow, Poje makes Weaver look good -- altho' they may in fact be equal in ability, he just seems to have that extra special something, while she seems a bit more average. Certainly her costuming here doesn't help alleviate that notion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Weaver and Poje are growing on me. But let's be honest, when they're skating/ dancing our eyes are mostly glued to him!
    You just fancy him.

I feel exactly the opposite when I watch them.

She's much more expressive and has a real star quality. I only really notice her when they're skating.

vCash
    I hugged Andrew Poje (and Caitlin too). He is very tall (6'3"). Even in street clothes they are a striking couple. I love the way they look on the ice. I'm not drawn to one or the other when they are skating but to them as a couple (whether they are or not in real life). I'm thrilled with the improvement this year though, and love both programs.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I hugged Andrew Poje (and Caitlin too). He is very tall (6'3"). Even in street clothes they are a striking couple. I love the way they look on the ice. I'm not drawn to one or the other when they are skating but to them as a couple (whether they are or not in real life). I'm thrilled with the improvement this year though, and love both programs.
    Good for you . I too am quite enchanted by them as a couple on ice. And I also like both programs.

vCash
    Wow they were amazing in the FD! I love their FD so much!

Banned Member
    vCash
    they were brilliant today i think they will break 100 this year with that FD i can feel it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver98 View Post
    they were brilliant today i think they will break 100 this year with that FD i can feel it.
    Maybe----at Canadian Nationals. But V/M will break 110.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Maybe----at Canadian Nationals. But V/M will break 110.
    It's plausible, actually. They can do level four on the footwork (an all level four dance would give them two more points on TES) and a couple more points on PCS would be enough. Those couple points on PCS will be very difficult to get, of course, but they're getting the momentum (and gaining higher PCS with every performance to date).

vCash
    I dont this W-P could do level 4 footwork in danc eholds. This season noone had level 4 for SS even in SD (circular SS).
    But i think W-P will have 100 at Nationals. And if we look at D-W FD results, V-M maybe will have 115

vCash
    Kaitlyn and Andrew scored a 97.54 in their FD at 2011 Canadians, so, if the competition is scored similarly, it's a safe bet they will break 100 in 2012. More importantly, I believe there is a strong possibility it will also happen where it counts--at Worlds! They are certainly on an upward trajectory.

I applaud Pratfall's Post #60--couldn't have said it any better myself. I don't know about tacky and trashy, but I do know stunning when I see it. Kaitlyn, Andrew, their costumes, and their programs are absolutely stunning. It is a pleasure to see skaters' hard work and dedication pay dividends in the form of all-around improvement and recognition from the judges and the technical panels. I expect a great result for them at the GPF--maybe the 100 in the FD will come in QC!

vCash
    I made the point several times on the Virtue/Moir thread that Weaver/Poje were robbed at the NHK Trophy & were NOT almost 18 points behind Davis/White at The Cup Of Russia.
    Anyone notice that Marina & Igors couples always get huge marks?.
    I agree that Tessa & Scott are the most talented ice dancers out there but to me Davis/White are like mini pairs skaters & this years free dance is nothing special.
    Weaver & Poje on the other hand have produced a free dance that is special & emotional.
    I just wish the judges had the guts to rank the couples honestly & not go on what they THINK they should do.
    I'm a huge Pechalat/Borzat fan & feel they are punished too much when they make errors but are not given the credit when they skate well.
    Weaver & Poje have skated three amazing events now & I hope they get the marks at the Grand Prix final but I fear it will be a Marina/Igor celebration.

vCash
    Honestly, after so emotional skating from Keithlyn and Andrew it was hard to start wiatching next team FD. Good job, guys!

vCash
    ^^ pani, considering the next team was D/W, it's really no wonder

but anyways, about W/P: I think their FD is lovely BUT I do not quite understand all the hype about it. Kaitlyn's lines and positions are so bad it actually disrupts enjoying the artistic side of the dance for me. Also, her expressions are more funny than dramatic IMO. Andrew, on the other hand, is not noticeable for me at all.

But the dance itself I really like. I think I would have loved it skated by another team, but W/P... well, like I said, I don't get the hype. I still think Nathalie and Fabian are the closest to V/M and D/W. I would have W/P in 4th, though, above the Shibutanis and the Russian teams.

vCash
    Award ceremony from CoR (was made by Keithlyn and Andrew fans)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRT-f...ure=plpp_video

vCash

vCash
    Lucky Andrew in this one...surrounded by beauty !

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Lucky Andrew in this one...surrounded by beauty !

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
    What a gorgeous photo. Thanks for sharing. The ladies are truly beautiful and Andrew .. le sigh!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I've watched their free dance from Rostelecom Cup three times (obviously I enjoy it), but one of my reactions is just thankfulness that they are achieving their potential.

I remember the first time I saw Kaitlyn and Andrew skate on TV, and I loved them immediately. It seemed like they might have what it takes to become something special to watch. I've seen that with other skaters too, though, and then somehow some of those skaters just never reached the place that it seemed they should reach - perhaps injury, or poor coaching, or simply lack of motivation meant that they never became what I thought they would become. In Kaitlyn and Andrew's case I think they have become the special team that it seemed they could be when they started out.

vCash
    Yes, I agree. They seem to have a monstrous work ethic and it shows in their improvements. I like the way they look together on the ice, and they are picking up speed and line as well. I hope they stay in and achieve their true potential, and I always enjoy their programs (with the exception of music of the FD last year).
    Addicted to FSU

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast