Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Have to agree with Pratfall, have you seen the FD costume of Bobrova, talk about a distracting mess of irregular fabric bits and pieces hanging all over the dress + glitter+feathers and all people can talk about is Kaitlin's hanging strap?

I guess it is good to know that people are now really worried about W&P potentially moving up in the world, that they only have a strap to whine about, in terms of their skating this season, wink, wink...

vCash
    It's offical W/P are a threat! Seriously people....a strap?

vCash
    ..That seductive little strap is just too hot to handle ..

Go, W/P !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    The Strap ??!!??

This is sooooo silly . My goodness, we've seen costumes that look practically naked , costumes that have so much stuff poking out , hanging down , flapping around, that you can hardly tell if there's a skater inside them.

We've had costumes featuring ping pong balls, hula hoops, cone bras , breast-clinging spiders , panels that rip away to expose bleeding sequin hearts, giant crucifixes..not to mention all the half-this-half that travesties ( fondly known in my household as " half-a***d costumes )..

Hey, we've even had genuine costume malfunctions.

Now here comes a beautiful girl in a simple little dress designed to look like a slip. Gorgeous colour, beautifully cut , modest by skating standards , but gives the illusion ..of what ? Not that she's bare breasted , not that she wears no panties..as has been done by some in the past..but the illusion that one strap is off the shoulder ( which does add to the feeling of desperation and distraction she's trying to convey )...and people are calling for a costume deduction ?......what fans.

On another note , thanks for the practice vid...looking good.

ETA ; I was just thinking ... Kaitlyn and Andrew should wear these costumes for an exhibition number to Bonnie Raitt's " Let's Give Them Something to Talk About. "
    That's spot on....

vCash
    Watching the CofR practice video, I like how they've kept the highlight of the straight line lift at the end so that it still captures the music and taken the flip over dismount out to save time. Can't wait to see how they do this weekend compared to Bobrova and Soloviev. I think Kaitlyn and Andrew have 2 fantastic programs!
    Last edited by jtpc; 11-25-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    go Weaver and Poje kick butt in Russia

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    The Strap ??!!??
    Why there's no simple thumb up smiley (that 'respect' smiley is a bit too much for me)? Oh, well - , Pratfall. That's something along the lines of what I've been thinking while reading those complaints about Kaitlyn's tiny strap .

vCash
    I'm not offended by the strap. I'm just projecting my own insanity, it would drive me crazy to have a strap hanging down!

vCash
    Once I realized it was meant to be hanging off, I thought it quite clever and effective.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I actually like the strap down. I think it adds to the effect of their story and the music. I must say, I love this costume on her. She has a tendency to go for something more dramatic, but this si simple and elegant and shows off her lines and beauty without distracting you from the real hilight of the prgram, their expression. Same goes for Andrew's simple outfit. Really great choices, IMO.

I'm really rooting for them this week. I think they are much better than B/S, and if they can prove that with a silver here they can really send a message to the rest of the world that they are contending for worlds bronze. I'm not sure if they'll be able to beat the French, but I think they can give them a real run for their money.

vCash
    Personally I think the strap is the least of Kaitlyn's problem with that dress. In theory, I like the dress, the colour, etc and I get what look they're going for, but to me that dress only exposes some of Kaitlyn's weaknesses. She still has some posture issues through the shoulders and doesn't get down into her knees enough and that dress really exposes those things. I think she needs a dress with more fullness in the skirt and one that has a different cut around the neck.

I do love what Andrew is wearing though.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post

I do love what Andrew is wearing though.
    I'd like it better if he wasn't wearing it.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I'd like it better if he wasn't wearing it.
    Yeah, wouldn't we all.

vCash
    Good skating today - new season best. This two is on track this season. Good luck in FD!

vCash
    Woo-Hoo !

vCash
    WTG W&P.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Screw the strap, Kaitlyn's cheap hooker SD dress is what bothers me much more.

I was impressed with the skating but not with the judging. Clearly lower PCS than Bobrova/Soloviev who were as Latin as pelmeni? Please.

vCash
    I think the PC's for B/S were way out of line....but it is what I expected . I just hope W/P can really skate lights out for their FD.

I happen to really like Weaver's SD costume.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Ziggy.. I'm willing to believe you know more about cheap hookers and what they wear than I do ... My only experience comes from driving quickly past the local "Stroll" when it absolutely can't be avoided. All the same, I assume the ladies loitering on the sidewalk are of the less-expensive variety. I've seen some , um , creative costuming on view ,there..but I've seen nothing remotely resembling that dress.. and judging by the amount of flesh on display, I'm sure Kaitlyn's dress would be far too straight-laced for them.

You can't have been top of the class at the School of Cheap Shots

You obviously know your stuff about PCS in this case, though..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Yeah, wouldn't we all.
    Andrew Poje once did an exhibition number with Kaitlyn where he was shirtless. It was available on their old website but now I can't find it. Anyone know how to find it?

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast