Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Which lift received the deduction?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Which lift received the deduction?
    The one that went over the time limit.

You just made a great point.

Before the next ISU congress, I'll suggest to the Ice Dance Technical Committee members to indicate that in the protocols.

I guess the skaters can check that themselves on a recording but we can be talking tenths of a second here and simply marking it on a protocol somehow wouldn't be difficult to implement.

vCash
    the link to the photos doesn't work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The one that went over the time limit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    Does anyone know if Weaver/Poje are together? They sure make a cute couple, together or not. They're obviously really close!
    I always wonder about couples.
    Going by their body language in the KNC I would say no they aren't together off ice.They seem formal Andrew didn't kiss her cheek just sort of shook her hand .JMO.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Andrew's twizzle mistake in the SD cost them the title.
    Plus the Shibutanis being overscored in PCS as usual.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    FD I wasn't too keen on at first but after they delivered this amazing performance at NHK, I've changed my mind. It's also a little open but it has tons of transitional movements all the time. It never stops, there are no empty spots, something is happening constantly.

They just floored me. They look so polished for this early in the season.

And technically they are so so good. Deep edges, extremely strong and effortless lifts.

I am absolutely fuming that they didn't get the gold at NHK and by such a small margin too.

They were just heads and shoulders above anyone else in the FD.

I think they should have edged Shibutanis out on the GOE. Shibs definitely had the best twizzles but W/P were much stronger on the other elements, as far as quality of the execution is concerned.

At least the judges went with them on the PCS.

Must be so frustrating to be so close, especially knowing there was a silly lift deduction. Argh!
    You took the words right out of my mouth! In the past, I haven't really been sold by this team. I never could understand why so many were hypercritical of Crone/Poirier, who I found to be so much more interesting and unique/original, but so in awe of these two, but their FD skate at NHK is the first time that I see what those people saw. They really have come a LONG way and they have impressed me with this FD skate. I hope they can carry on the momentum from this performance and incorporate the same vibe into their future performances. Their packaging and the mood they convey throughout is very well done. They made me feel their love for skating and for each other, and for that I give thanks and cheers! Go Kaitlyn and Andrew!

With all that said though, I really am not feeling their SD this year. I'm not a fan of their music choice nor of her outfit for this program. Last year I thought their SD was beautiful though and I didn't care for the Moulin Rouge FD, so it's a reversal of my feelings toward them this season. Still, here's wishing them well for the rest of the season!

vCash
    Weaver & Poje were definitely robbed of the NHK gold. Probably the World bronze last year also. The Shibutanis are so overscored it is laughable. Technically they are reasonable, not great, and artistically they are dreadful. Where the judges pull their PCS out from I have no idea.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Weaver & Poje were definitely robbed of the NHK gold. Probably the World bronze last year also. The Shibutanis are so overscored it is laughable. Technically they are reasonable, not great, and artistically they are dreadful. Where the judges pull their PCS out from I have no idea.
    I think PCS too often is a reflection of TES in this sport. I think in the past Weaver + Poje have so often made very costly technical mistakes that have hampered their momentum and the judges have felt they are too inconsistent and unreliable. I think once Kaitlyn and Andrew continue to put out performances like their FD at NHK and build on that performance level and steadily and repeatedly put out those types of performances without the silly technical mistakes that are so prone to happen with these two, then their PCS will be where they want them to be.

vCash
    I hope so. Hopefully the Shibutanis PCS also go where they should be at some point (down the drain until they improve significantly).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Totally agree! Yes W/P made a mistake but still should have been waaaaay ahead of S/S.

vCash
    I love W/P and I would have liked to see them win NHK gold, but maybe the judges were sending a message to Kaitlyn we'd all like heard...Fix that Strap!!!

Banned Member
    vCash
    They were clearly pissed in the K&C too Carmelengo was nodding his head thankfully the US will not have a judge on the panel at worlds this year and Canada will have two other commonwealth countries helping them Australia and Great Britain

vCash
    They probably felt they had the count right on that lift.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Plus the Shibutanis being overscored in PCS as usual.
    That's a given. Shibs actually presented their program really well and showed a lot of expression (in the form of cutsie-pootsie smiles ) but it wasn't anywhere as complex as W/P's and although their skating was light, they didn't show the same depth of edges.

What really bothered me this time was their GOE. In the FD anyway, where other than the twizzles, their elements weren't performed particularly well but still they got the protocol +2s (or +1s) all round.

W/P, on the other hand, really nailed it on the elements.

vCash
    Weaver Poje practice video at COR http://youtu.be/TeuL3PzPQ-M

vCash
    I hope they can skate this beautiful program clean this weekend and can beat out the Russians....I think they are the better team, but then again....numerous factors come into play in this competition unfortunately. Good luck to them....they deserve it.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    [QUOTE=clarie;....numerous factors come into play in this competition unfortunately. Good luck to them....they deserve it.[/QUOTE]

And what are these numerous factors you talk about

And the strap's still hanging I know it's meant to be but it's distracting .

vCash
    Agreed. Fix. That. Strap.

vCash
    The Strap ??!!??

This is sooooo silly . My goodness, we've seen costumes that look practically naked , costumes that have so much stuff poking out , hanging down , flapping around, that you can hardly tell if there's a skater inside them.

We've had costumes featuring ping pong balls, hula hoops, cone bras , breast-clinging spiders , panels that rip away to expose bleeding sequin hearts, giant crucifixes..not to mention all the half-this-half that travesties ( fondly known in my household as " half-a***d costumes )..

Hey, we've even had genuine costume malfunctions.

Now here comes a beautiful girl in a simple little dress designed to look like a slip. Gorgeous colour, beautifully cut , modest by skating standards , but gives the illusion ..of what ? Not that she's bare breasted , not that she wears no panties..as has been done by some in the past..but the illusion that one strap is off the shoulder ( which does add to the feeling of desperation and distraction she's trying to convey )...and people are calling for a costume deduction ?......what fans.

On another note , thanks for the practice vid...looking good.

ETA ; I was just thinking ... Kaitlyn and Andrew should wear these costumes for an exhibition number to Bonnie Raitt's " Let's Give Them Something to Talk About. "
    Last edited by Pratfall; 11-24-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast