Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    By "wasn't rotated enough," do you mean you didn't get enough revolutions or you didn't "lay over" sufficiently? I wonder why they told you 2 revolutions to get the bullet; it's supposed to be three in position, plus one for transition, so 4 total.
    I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying, but the feature for a difficult variation only requires two revolutions in position, while the feature for a change of edge requires two revolutions on one edge and two revolutions on the other edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    ^Thank you!
    At a recent competition I only got level 3... they didn't count the layover in SP because it wasn't rotated enough, then in the LP apparently I didn't hold it for the full 2. Bahhhh.
    Watching it in real-time on youtube (is it possible to watch youtube videos in slow-motion?), I only counted one revolution in the difficult variation. Obviously you are moving into the position for more than one revolution, but since part of the "gray zone" here involves whether the position itself is "difficult," marking where the position crosses that line is key in this situation. Obviously others may disagree that you are only in the DV for one revolution, but my suggestion would be to take a look at the video and notice the difference in position between the last revolution in the layover and the revolution before it, and try to hold the position that you obtain in the last revolution for two revolutions. (I can't quite tell: are you trying to do the layover with the change of edge, or switch back to the regular edge?)

vCash
    Yeah I mean I didn't lay over enough.

When I'm actually spinning, I must count super fast or something. It definitely feels like I'm doing MORE than 2... so I need to just hold it extra long, haha. I am trying to do the layover on the outside edge.

Thanks guys!

vCash
    I didn't realize you were trying to "double dip" on features with an edge change and a difficult position. Bravo - that's difficult to manage!

This is the document that references the body position and the two or more required revolutions. You know you need to hold each one longer and the counting doesn't start until you've achieved the position fully.

http://www.usfsa.org/Content/Technic...ication_70.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12