Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Quadless
    vCash
    That's pretty huge for him. Way to go, Johnny.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    http://www.wesh.com/news/29549160/detail.html Johnny appearance on an Orlando, Florida morning program to promote his MAC cosmetic line.

vCash
    Well, that's impressive, the real deal. Good for Johnny.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Nice Gig Johnny! Lol... love the glitter! Love MAC!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Great! Taking this to the Glamour Puss thread.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    The green shoes are so hot! And so Johnny.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    http://www.wesh.com/news/29549160/detail.html Johnny appearance on an Orlando, Florida morning program to promote his MAC cosmetic line.
    Ugh, why didn't they show a close up of Romero's work? Not that I will be wearing a red lip any time soon but still. It would have been nice to see what he had done.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ^^They showed the model in semi close-up several times as Romero was finalizing the touches. Perhaps the set-up with all four participants did not allow for a closer camera angle on the model. That style/ technique for makeup (dramatic lip/ soft eyes and vice versa) was pioneered by the amazing make-up artist, Kevyn Aucoin --now deceased. His books: Making Faces, and Face Forward are must-sees.

Johnny is always so funny and has a way with words -- here describing his reaction to being asked to head this MAC campaign: "... a dust cloud was behind me because I was running to where ever I could be to do this..." Great honor for Johnny to be asked (one of only three men to head a MAC campaign -- in good company with Elton and RuPaul). Romero kept stressing that MAC was inspired by Johnny to make this line. The new ad campaign reminds me of one of Johnny's successful appearances at Fashion Week last year, when he skated on the ice with two female models, all in furs.

Nice to hear Johnny saying he is still skating and training, but obviously it must be hard. I remember some fans and observers being worried about Johnny being so thin and not eating during his early competitive days. He has more weight on him now, and it looks good, but a different look for him too on the ice. I'm lukewarm on Johnny coming back because I wonder will he be able to be competitive and bring something more to the table -- otherwise "Why come back?" Same goes for Evan. In any case, would Johnny be welcomed back with open arms? I'd love to see Johnny skating as Carmen (his comments about this are in the other Johnny thread in Trash Can), but it sounds more like something that would be made for a professional comp. Wish there was a viable professional venue/ option happening.

vCash
    just a note, Johnny performed at a mall in Florida to officially open his collection, he skated with Brooke Castille and Denis and Melissa. Johnny also just tweeted that his boyfriend proposed to him and he accepted!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Johnny also just tweeted that his boyfriend proposed to him and he accepted!
    Congratulations to the happy couple!

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Johnny also just tweeted that his boyfriend proposed to him and he accepted!
    Wow, congratulations!

vCash
    just a note, Johnny performed at a mall in Florida to officially open his collection, he skated with Brooke Castille and Denis and Melissa. Johnny also just tweeted that his boyfriend proposed to him and he accepted!
    NO WAY!!! This is a shocker considering all the times he has said he's a loner when it comes to his living space. He has seemed besotted lately. Congrats to both of them!

vCash
    It is a shock but so happy for Johnny, his boyfriend by the way is not connected to the world of skating or fashion.

vCash
    Whaaa.... great news Johnny, so happy for you!!!! (Anyone got a picture of Johnny's fiance?)

[btw... things like this could improve one's skating ya know ]

vCash
    Check Johnny's fan Facebook page for a photo, look at comments posted late Septenber and October after photos of Johnny and his friend Meg - can't remember exact date

vCash
    I saw the vid of Johnny Denis Melissa and Brooke in Fla. The "ice" was the size of a dime! I wonder how it is to skate on that stuff. Johnny and Denis' hair was tres cool. They outshone the girls.

vCash
    Congrats to him on both accounts!

vCash
    Aww. So happy for Johnny! Congrats!

vCash
    Congrats to Johnny!!

Does anyone know if Vitya is one of the people pictured here (from Meg Carlozzi's bday)?
    http://yfrog.com/ntjq5pj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast