Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Surprise surprise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    I'm afraid we will never see her again competing.
    She is an amazing skater and I'll miss her skills this season.
    I certainly understand her not wanting to endure the grind of eligible competition again. However, I'm sorry I never got to see her skate live. Best wishes in her future endeavors.

vCash
    As dim a hope as it may appear now, there is still the possibility that Yuna will re-commit to competitive skating again. I'm not optimistic, but I'm holding out a little hope. It is possible for a 23 year old to win a OGM, and despite all the promise of the young skaters coming up in the ranks, Yuna at 23 and at full power would still be unbeatable I think. Anyway, she should only come back if she, and she alone, wants to compete again and feels the drive and focus and hunger for winning that fueled her to her first OGM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If you want to remain competitive, you need to fully commit to training and not train while you engage in other activities.

I also don't think that she will be back.

Even if she will, it will be as a result of huge outside pressure and it might end up like it did at 2011 Worlds. And if she's supposed to skate like that, I'd much rather see her retire and not tarnish her incredible career with dissapointing, uninspired performances.
    A silver medal, for 1 point, with couple of mistakes. I think that was not bad about results. And about inspiration, her LP at 2011 Worlds was very beautiful and touching. Her exhibition, though, looked uninspired !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    A silver medal, for 1 point, with couple of mistakes. I think that was not bad about results. And about inspiration, her LP at 2011 Worlds was very beautiful and touching. Her exhibition, though, looked uninspired !
    It was said that she had injured her foot during SP, and had no choice but to skate the LP through it.

She would have been better off to skip the exhibition though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123