vCash

My first piano video in over a year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va9aai776Fg

haha, not the greatest... but if you're bored you should watch and let me know what you think? :p

vCash
    I liked it! I played the game when it came out and have to say you got the dreamy feeling well.

That being said, it seems like you play two distinct tempos - at certain sections of the piece, your playing slows down a little, so that it seems like you lag a bit. Flourishes as the start aside, the next part goes at a decent clip (about what I remember from the game), but between 0:40-1:00 you noticeably slow down, moreso than the game version did. Personally, I think you'd do better to attach your own interpretation into the piece (with a little more rubato in various sections), but it's nice. I think your slowing may be due to the technical difficulty inherent in some of the sections (though I'm not sure because you do the flourishes at fast speed with accuracy), but I'm not sure.

The other thing I was wondering is: what kind of digital piano do you have? I ask because the dynamic range seems a little limited. The piece is very constant for that kind of thing (contrast with say, the end theme for the game) but it seemed a little mechanic in feel for that reason.

Nice version overall, though! (my comments probably mean a hill of beans though - I haven't taken a lesson in over 10 years and have no piano in my apt - rather, I use my parents' when I visit or the chocolate shop's downstairs )

vCash
    I don't think the different tempos were intentional... haha, I got so nervous recording the video because it's sooooo hard for me to play the whole way through without messing up. :p
    It's a yamaha DGX-620. Not the greatest at all but for me it's definitely sufficient.
    Thanks for your comments!! I also haven't taken a lesson in over 10 years... I just play for fun now because I actually started to enjoy it (unlike when I was in lessons) :p