Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Well, when you think of Rupert Everett, who has said that coming out harmed his career...

(I had to Google to find his last name, which should say a lot given how much I loved him in the 90s...)

(Actually, that doesn't say a whole lot given my bad memory.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I don't like any of those men.
    If you don't like them men, you can have Justin Bieber.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    Well, when you think of Rupert Everett, who has said that coming out harmed his career...
    That was two decades ago though. I'm talking about coming out in this day and age.

Also, I'm not sure his career was harmed. He seems about as popular as he always was to me.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    That was two decades ago though. I'm talking about coming out in this day and age.

Also, I'm not sure his career was harmed. He seems about as popular as he always was to me.
    Maybe we was under the (sligthly dellusional) impression he might have become *the* next big thing if only he hadn't come out? Or at least, been a significantly bigger player in Hollywood? I don't know enough about how casting worked 20 years ago to comment, but it's possible he expected to become a lot more popular.
    Last edited by ioana; 10-19-2011 at 11:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    If you don't like them men, you can have Justin Bieber.
    I like men. Just not THOSE men.

vCash
    Let's put it this way: french kissing her brother didn't stand in the way of guys lusting after Angelina Jolie. Why would Quinto being gay get in the way of me lusting after him (if he was my type)? He lives in Hollyweird-land and I'm never going to have a real relationship with him so why not have a fantasy where I get him to play for my team?
    However odd Jolie's incestuous liplock was with her brother, it was still heterosexual. Many movie goers in Middle America will accept a lot before they accept "gay". YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post

(I had to Google to find his last name, which should say a lot given how much I loved him in the 90s...)

(Actually, that doesn't say a whole lot given my bad memory.)
    Some say Everett's shitty attitude is what derailed his career. He's notorious for his snarky candor. It has cost him some parts.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I hear tell those those selections are not the last of their kind. Whew!

I wonder how true that is though. I know that's what actors are TOLD by their agents and other advisors and why they struggle with coming out. But I think it's a lot like the FS world when most people know anyway if a skater is gay and when/if they do come out, the result is often kind of "ho hum, tell me something I didn't know."

I think a lot of the general public just doessn't care that much... celebrities live in this weird "other" kind of world that has no relationship to our own lives... and I think we like it that way.
    Those Hollywood-types are pretty self-centred. I mean, when was the last time anything bad happened to a gay person that would make those in the public eye wary? 1994? '96?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Let's put it this way: french kissing her brother didn't stand in the way of guys lusting after Angelina Jolie.
    Doesn't "french kissing" imply that Jolie and her brother's tongues were intertwined during the kiss and spits were swapped? No such thing happened. She kissed her brother on the lips like many people kisses their family members on the lips. For people to make anything more out of that is silly.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Doesn't "french kissing" imply that Jolie and her brother's tongues were intertwined during the kiss and spits were swapped? No such thing happened. She kissed her brother on the lips like many people kisses their family members on the lips. For people to make anything more out of that is silly.

vCash

There's also Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling, Javier Bardem, Ryan Reynolds, Matt Damon...(I think, right?)

vCash
    There is also the case of Luke Evans, who was in the recent Three Musketeers movie and is set to play Bard the Bowman in the Hobbit movie. He had given an interview in the Advocate a few years back where he said he was out and proud. However, any references to that article have been removed from his wikipedia entry and his publicist is playing the privacy card.

http://www.afterelton.com/people/201...or-out-gay-man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    There's also Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling, Javier Bardem, Ryan Reynolds, Matt Damon...(I think, right?)
    No.

vCash
    No.
    Aww, we'll find someone for you Princess.

vCash
    [QUOTEOriginally Posted by ballettmaus
    Isn't it kind of sad that people still have to think about coming out or not or whatever?
    I don't know, something just feels wrong about that. A jazz teacher of mine was talking about "his partner" recently. Male partner as was obvious from what he said but he talked about him as another one mentions her husband and I think that's how it should be.
    Whether someone's with a he or she or an alien should matter only to the persons concerned, in my opinion, and there should be no need for coming out or not. No one has to come out about being straight, right? So why is it such a "big deal" that someone's gay? Love is love isn't it?][/QUOTE]

In in ideal world - or America - these matters would be a "non-issue"; and your scenario would be the norm.
    Unfortunately, I'm afraid that we won't achieve that level of tolerance for some time to come. There are still far too many "zealots" to make it possible at the moment.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 10-21-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    No.
    Wow. What a...princess!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Wow. What a...princess!

Jared Leto isn't on the list. Nor is Michael Praed. She will NOT be interested.

vCash
    No.
    Beard?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Beard?
    All of three of these choices are acceptable.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Maybe we was under the (sligthly dellusional) impression he might have become *the* next big thing if only he hadn't come out?
    I think he was.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    But most people (including myself) didn't actually see the kiss only heard about it. And that's what they/we heard and how they/we think of it. Between that, wearing her husband's blood in a vial around her neck and a few other gems of weirdness, you would think that most men would be afraid of her.

But they don't care because it's just a fantasy and in their fantasy the Hollywood actress (or actor) does and says whatever they want.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Jared Leto? Maybe I'd find him hotter if he wasn't in that "rock" group.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast