Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Regarding "Shane":

Old news, but Jon Bernthal who plays "Shane" is joining the cast of new series "L.A. Noir":
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...s-la-noir.html

Not sure if this means Shane dies, or Shane leaves the group only to meet up with them later for guest appearances, or the actor does 2 TV shows like many actors do.

ETA: Trivia. Sam Witwer, the actor who plays the vampire on the US version of "Being Human" played the zombie army guy in the tank in Atlanta. There was an episode that showed how he became zombified that wasn't used. It may become a webisode.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I will have to go back and watch the tank scene. I began watching "Being Human" on Netflix and he is absolutely yummy. Has an ugly person ever been cast as a vampire? lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I will have to go back and watch the tank scene. I began watching "Being Human" on Netflix and he is absolutely yummy. Has an ugly person ever been cast as a vampire? lol
    Article and pic of Sam Witwer as the zombie army soldier:
    http://io9.com/5873878/frank-darabon...ull-never-see/

vCash
    Yeah, would never ever have recognized him. lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post

Yeah I think that Vampires are supposed to be super sexy, super cool, super sympathetic, and super easy to forgive and forget the occasional killing spree. Which is much harder to do if the Vampires are ugly.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I never guessed that zombie army guy was Sam Witwer. Good makeup job.

vCash
    Damn. I was really hoping Lori would get bitten.

And let me guess, now Shane is going to go after Lori.

eta: and he does! Didn't they fire the last group of writers for being too predictable? I think we need to do a second round of firings....

vCash
    Are there any Chris Hardwick fans here?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Rick is stupid. Shane is stupid. Lori is stupid. Carl is doomed.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I'm guessing that's Lori's own blood on her face and not zombie blood? #wishfulthinking

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    When Lori wasn't at the car when Shane showed up, I was kind of hoping she'd gone missing for about 6 episodes and pulled a Sophia.

Was she implying to Rick - kill Shane before he kills you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    When Lori wasn't at the car when Shane showed up, I was kind of hoping she'd gone missing for about 6 episodes and pulled a Sophia.

That's the way I took it.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    That's how I took it too. But does she really believe all the bad things she says about Shane, or does she really agree with all the things Shane said to her when they were alone?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'd say it's a mixture of both. She was pretty happy when she and Shane were playing lost in the woods together, and she doesn't want to remember things that way. Moreover, that baby is more likely to be his than Rick's given the time and the fact she and Rick were fighting when he was initially shot. She needs to distance Shane and make certain Rick is committeed to being that kid's father in order to keep his protection for herself, the baby and Carl.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    rfisher, is the baby an added plot or is it in the comic books? Because really, her initial instinct to abort the baby was the correct one. (sorry if there are any pro-life people in this thread) This is not the place to 1. be pregnant or 2. deal with an infant who doesn't know when to be quiet.

So I'm wondering if this is just stoopid drama added by the already inept writers.

Teenage Mutant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    rfisher, is the baby an added plot or is it in the comic books? Because really, her initial instinct to abort the baby was the correct one. (sorry if there are any pro-life people in this thread) This is not the place to 1. be pregnant or 2. deal with an infant who doesn't know when to be quiet.

So I'm wondering if this is just stoopid drama added by the already inept writers.

Spoiler

Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Hershel's eyes have been opened.

Never thought I'd see him shoot the living or a zombie. I think it was hearing the guy in the bar keep asking where the farmhouse was, and also how they talked about women. Hershel knew then that he could never protect his family alone against such thugs.

Liked the way Hershel immasculated Shane and told him to "shut up".

Hershel (Scott Wilson) will be on "Talking Dead" next week(2/26/2012). Can't wait.

I'm really liking the Glenn and Maggie relationship. Hate that they all but forgot to add "t-dog" to the storylines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    That's how I took it too. But does she really believe all the bad things she says about Shane, or does she really agree with all the things Shane said to her when they were alone?
    I think she believes what she says - for her to turn to Shane under the circumstances was understandable. But her love for Rick is deep and enduring. Shane was just a temporary infatuation. And he did lie to her that Rick was dead when he didn't know 100% for sure. Of course the chance of Rick being alive and showing up at the camp was extremely small. But Shane lied, and lied again this episode.

And she's right, he is extremely dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post

I would agree that aborting the baby would seem the logical solution. But in a post-apocalyptic situation, a pregnancy has positive aspects. The birth of a baby is a life-affirming event and gives people something to live for and hope for.

(I remember a documentary about the post-Holocaust displaced person camps. There were tons of marriages and pregnancies, even though living conditions in the camps were quite dire. People didn't have nice clothes, and brides would share what little nice garments were available between them on their wedding day).

Also, the farm is a refuge and there is some hope that the group can continue to survive.

To me the more interesting question would be what happens if they weren't on the farm it wouldn't be possible to get t, in which case it an abortion wouldn't be possible and a pregnancy would be a total liability. I would think that killing the infant would be the only option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    But Shane lied, and lied again this episode.

And she's right, he is extremely dangerous.
    He is dangerous, but both of those lies were understandable. Rick should have been dead, so I don't actually think the first part was a lie. I think Shane really thought Rick was dead.

And in this case, because Lori is an idiot, he had to tell the lie to get her back to the farm. I don't blame him for that, and I hope the writers don't expect us to think he's all terrible for it. Because it was the right thing to do.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast