Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Yes.

I read Chapter Two in the comic series. It's going to be interesting to see what they keep and what they change.

You have to wonder how they handle all the zombie blood and gore and don't get infected.

Noooooooo.. this is one of my favorite actors from Terriers and he's going to be a bad guy.
    Last edited by rfisher; 02-13-2012 at 03:01 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Did I miss something? Did Rick shoot both guys in the bar? Or just the big guy? I'm guessing he drew a gun? Geez, that'll show me to look at a text message....

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Both. The guy behind the bar went for his gun and Rick did a fast draw, shot him and then turned and got the other guy before he could shoot.

vCash
    It's pretty obvious that the girl collapsed and has a raging fever because stepmom zombie bit or scratched her. These people are so clueless....check her for bites or scratches after she wrestled with the zombie!!!

We still haven't found out what Jenner said to Rick right before the CDC blew up, have we.

I guess Rick decided to give up on that "we don't kill the living" philosophy. This episode brings up an interesting point about post-apocalypse of any type....while it would be nice if groups of survivors could band together....some of them will have no interest in joining but will just be out to get theirs.

(Also....one point this show hasn't addressed yet.....women? Back to being chattel.)

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Rick's wife is such an idiot.
    I know, right? First heading into town to find Hershel, after Rick and Allen already went into town to find Hershel. Then looking at a map while driving with no other cars on the road (you can stop the car and read the map...)
    Last edited by susan6; 02-13-2012 at 05:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the girl collapsed and has a raging fever because stepmom zombie bit or scratched her. These people are so clueless....check her for bites or scratches after she wrestled with the zombie!!!
    I think Sophia's mom may have been bitten as well.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think Sophia's mom may have been bitten as well.
    They did make a big show of all those cuts and scratches on her arms while Daryl was cleaning them, but I don't think she's been bit. There's supposed to be a developing romance between the two of them. And, they do need to keep the balance of available females. They can aford to kill off a few men.

ETA: that was Shane cleaning her hands, but Carol and Daryl (they need another brother named Daryl) are supposed to be an item.
    Last edited by rfisher; 02-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    Say what you will: Rick is one amazing shot. Even Hershel was like "DAY-um!" in that bar.........

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Rick's wife is such an idiot.
    I love this show, but has any character on this program ever done anything non-idiotic? They are all major headcases. If I had been part of their group, I would have gone off on my own a long time ago and found an abandoned farmhouse and make a go of it on my own...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I love this show, but has any character on this program ever done anything non-idiotic? They are all major headcases. If I had been part of their group, I would have gone off on my own a long time ago and found an abandoned farmhouse and make a go of it on my own...
    But who would you shoot in the leg and leave for zombie-chow if you had to?
    Always good to have that extra person around....for the little things in life.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" ratings for the second half of season 2 were better than season 2 premiere from Oct.:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...m-viewers.html

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I don't think Sophia's mom was bit or scratched. The scratches came from thorns on the flowers/weeds she was tearing up while out in the field after her daughter was shot. Those things can be very very prickly.

I have to say, Rick's wife was so stupid. Why did she need to go in to town? They were already on their way. What more could she do? Then the fact that all the people in the house think the girl is in shock? Umm, hello, did they forget what happens to people after they are bit/scratched? As if they haven't all seen it in person. A person in shock does not develop a sudden and severe fever. Maybe they are just in denial and no one wants to say it aloud?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    But who would you shoot in the leg and leave for zombie-chow if you had to?
    Always good to have that extra person around....for the little things in life.
    Or sleep.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Who would you choose to play "The Governor" in season 3? Season 3 filming starts in April.:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-governor.html

Season 2 episode 9 "Triggerfinger" preview. The full-episode 8 "Nebraska" can also be seen here.:
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...-triggerfinger

vCash
    (Also....one point this show hasn't addressed yet.....women? Back to being chattel.)
    It was addressed in the first season, when the ladies were all doing laundry by the lake at their first camp and had a discussion about exactly that. Carol's husband came along and threatened to beat her when they were laughing at a joke.

I'm thinking that Shane is going to have to go for the rest to stay. He's as dangerous as the zombies.

vCash
    Oh and I was happy to see the actor from season 1 of True Blood. I always thought he was a cutie and of course he had to go and get himself killed in his first scene.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    It was addressed in the first season, when the ladies were all doing laundry by the lake at their first camp and had a discussion about exactly that. Carol's husband came along and threatened to beat her when they were laughing at a joke.
    No...I don't mean "women become domestic servants", I meant more along the lines of "women become property to be traded for other goods." As in, "you have medical supplies? We'll trade you a couple women for antibiotics."

Actually it was addressed, slightly, in this episode when Scrawny Tony asked if they had any "cooze" at the farm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    We still haven't found out what Jenner said to Rick right before the CDC blew up, have we.
    I'm convinced it's either a possible clue to a cure or solution (he said the French were close to finding one) or a clue as to where a safe place might be to go.

I guess Rick decided to give up on that "we don't kill the living" philosophy. This episode brings up an interesting point about post-apocalypse of any type....while it would be nice if groups of survivors could band together....some of them will have no interest in joining but will just be out to get theirs.
    It's common theme in post-apocalyptic fiction. In some cases groups of survivors do band together well - for example, in S.M. Stirlings Emberverse series (one title being The Sunrise Lands). But those bands are often opposed to each other. Basically, when resources are less the what is needed by a population, peace is almost impossible to achieve.

But the people in this series aren't facing extinction and the common threat of zombies. I can understand Shane's mentality and viewpoint, although I do think he needs to leave the group.

But at the same time, when he killed Otis, did he really have any choice? Seemed to me that the only other option was for both of them to die.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I, agree, that Shane really didn't have much choice in the matter. If they both died, so too did the kid. I also think he's spiralling out of control. He loves Lori and he's lost her, he thinks the baby is his and there's no way to claim it, he killed Otis, he was both right and wrong about the zombies in the barn. Rick was his friend and now he's a rival. He's in a no-win situation at the moment. His character poses an interesting difference from the comic series where he was killed much earlier. (Also Herschal is NOT a nice guy in the comics). There is a very interesting turn of events that will happen at the end of this season and next that can have a very interesting role for Shane's character as it is written on the show. I'm very curious to see what they do with him. Since the actor shaved his head, he looks remarkably like a former student, especially when he goes a little psycho. It's a bit scary.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm thinking that Shane is going to have to go for the rest to stay. He's as dangerous as the zombies.
    Shane is more dangerous. The zombies are predictable. Shane is not.

But at the same time, when he killed Otis, did he really have any choice? Seemed to me that the only other option was for both of them to die.
    Hmm. I thought that there was a chance that Shane could have saved Otis, but that they would both be in jeopardy of being zombiefied. I don't think anybody could say what they'd do in his place unless they were in the same (deathly) predicament.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I can see why Shane did what he did to Otis but it felt pretty clear that the writers and director WANTED us to think it was a cold and calculated move. An EVIL move. They could have shot that scene a number of different ways but they chose to do what they did. I feel like I am supposed to hate him. lol
    -Brian

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast