Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Everything about the show is fantastic....from the writing, to the acting, to the special effects. You get movie quality work in a TV show every episode and you can't say that about every show out there. The zombie genre is a little overdone but this show stands out among them, there's so much more of a human element in it.
    That's what I find best about this show, the "movie quality work" in a TV show. And the scares aren't done in a cheesy/shock-value way. It takes a lot for a horror show to frighten or creep me out, and this show does it.

vCash
    Lori is getting on my last nerve. On the last episode, she got all "this is a graveyard" when they tried to find supplies in the stopped cars. (cuz the dead need the water and food ) and now she's getting all bitchy at the only person who can save her son's life.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Plus - Isn't Lori the "wife" who was pretty quick to "get it on" with Shane when she thought her "dear husband" was dead?

She really was annoying getting all bitchy with the one person who could actually save her sons life. What, is she going to go doctor shopping? Plus the guy who "accidently" shot her son is risking his life to get the medical supplies they need. I'm waiting for her to jump down his throat when he gets back....if he even survives getting back.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm betting he doesn't make it.

Has anybody read the comic books? I know there's quite a bit of deviation as it Shane was supposed to bite the proverbial dust, but I don't see that happening with the series. The love triangle is too good to let go and offers a lot of possibilities.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Saw last night's episode and it did not blow me away can't say exactly why. Too much bickering perhaps.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post

Has anybody read the comic books?
    I have. I'm still a comic junky at 49. ....But the series creators said not to even go by the comics since they will be deviating a lot. Which they seem to do with a lot of book-to-series shows.

vCash
    Last night's episode was too slow. Still good, but slow. Too much of Rick's anguish....we obviously know he's upset. Also how many times did he have to say someone needs to tell his wife? Hello writers...please learn to write faster stories and less repetitive dialogue.

I was expecting larger guy to become a zombie buffet last night, but I'm glad he made it(so far).

I'm wondering if they'll keep the kids on there, or if they're finding ways to get rid of them within the storyline, so they don't have the constraints of child actors(and the amount of time they can work per day).

vCash
    Great show. I can understand the slow pacing, given the trauma that parents undergo when their children are in peril (although the more cynical side of me is saying "in an apocalypse, natural selection indicates that the weaker and dumber herd members get culled" and that's the kids).

Daryl continues to be awesome. Less standing around and praying, more looking for the girl!

Where the heck did the Vet manage to conjure up fresh-squeezed OJ? No such thing as grocery stores anymore, and they're too far north for orange groves. Hand Rick a glass of Gatorade, I'd buy that as realistic.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The OJ was probably frozen from concentrate? If it wasn't frozen then it really doesn't make sense.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" renewed for a 3rd season!!!!
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

FOX International Channels rolled-out its global launch for “The Walking Dead” this weekend, with premieres on FIC’s cable networks in Europe, Asia, Latin American, Africa and the Middle East. The series’ international premieres delivered equally impressive results in all major international TV markets, and broke pay-TV ratings’ records across the world

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead": Getting to know Daryl Dixon. Season 2 - Episode 3 preview included.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ryl-dixon.html
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 10-25-2011 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm betting he doesn't make it.

Has anybody read the comic books? I know there's quite a bit of deviation as it Shane was supposed to bite the proverbial dust, but I don't see that happening with the series. The love triangle is too good to let go and offers a lot of possibilities.
    Yes, the relationship between the three of them is not nearly as played out in the comic book series. There seems to be much more of a closer relationship between Shane and Rick in the TV series. Many of the settings have been different as well as the character traits.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Intense, but not a lot happened to move the story along.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    How could he have done that!?! I no longer like Shane.

"The Walking Dead" Season 2: Episode #4 preview "Cherokee Rose".
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...-cherokee-rose

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Yeah. This will not end well for Shane.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I couldn't believe when they showed Shane doing that. Was it pure evil or just hatred for having shot the boy, even if by accident? I understand that you have to do what you have to do to survive but I didn't get the feeling that it was to that point yet. Maybe that was supposed to be the point but if so, the editing didn't really show me that.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I understand that you have to do what you have to do to survive but I didn't get the feeling that it was to that point yet. Maybe that was supposed to be the point but if so, the editing didn't really show me that.
    I think it wasn't about that.

It seemed pretty clear to me that Shane and Ottis would've made it.

I think Shane did what he did so he could return as a lone hero and get all the credit for saving Karl's life and, in turn, get back into Lori's good graces.

I'd say he accomplished what he wanted, now that Lori told him to "stay."

It's clear now he's willing to do anything to hold onto her, which doesn't bode well for Rick.

I mean, didn't Shane almost shoot Rick in the woods when he thought no one was watching? Yeah, dude definitely knows what he wants, and isn't going to let anything (or anyone) get in the way of him getting it.

vCash
    I missed the end of last night's episode. What did Shane do?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Shot Otis in the leg, wrestled the backpack away from him and left him to be eaten alive by the zombies. He spun a very different story back at the house. He and Otis each had only one bullet between them. It's unclear if both would have made it to the truck alive as both were injured, but apparently Shane wasn't taking any chances that he'd survive.

vCash
    My husband is also saying how slowly this season is moving, but remember, last season was only 6 episodes and they had a lot to pack into those 6 eps. With 13 eps this season, they can draw things out a little more.

I was shocked that Shane did that too, since it looked to me too they could have both made it, and Otis even said as much. And unless Shane confesses, no one is going to know what really happened. Poor Otis, at least he tried to fight Shane once he realized what was happening.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast