Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I can accept the magic quiver that refills itself with metal tipped arrows and the guns which never run out of ammunition, but the sheriff's shirt that is always ironed is too much.
    Daryl re-collects the crossbow metal bolts after he shoots a zombie and if he's close enough, he just stabs them in the head with a steel cb bolt. I have a crossbow and compound bow. Not for hunting(I don't hunt anymore, I can't kill animals), but just for target shooting, and arrows are usually re-collected, even if someone is hunting usually. I love target shooting with crossbows and compound bows....no noise. And I have hundreds of each type bolts/arrows.

I'm just surprised more of them aren't using a crossbow or compound bow. They don't make noise and won't attract the zombies.

I agree about the sherrifs uniform though, always seems to be blood-free and pressed/clean.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Why hasn't anyone found a damn silencer? That's what I want to know.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Why hasn't anyone found a damn silencer? That's what I want to know.
    ahahha, no kidding.

And that's true about Daryl. Last night he collected the bolt he shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    ahahha, no kidding.

And that's true about Daryl. Last night he collected the bolt he shot.
    He's collected almost all of them. Go back and watch season 1. He shoots the bow and always goes back to pull it out of them, giving them a chance to ick us out with more nasty sounds.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" smashes basic cable drama records!!!!
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...atings/107480/

vCash
    awesome

vCash
    Good for them! They certainly went all out with promotion. The Walking Dead was on Netflix streaming, Red Box and repeating on AMC. I had never seen a single episode until this past weekend and now I am totally on board. Their campaign clearly worked.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I agree about the sherrifs uniform though, always seems to be blood-free and pressed/clean.

Ah! But he looks soooo delicious in it!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I agree that it was really unbelievable that a deer would just stand there as a person walked up to it. However, I give them a break. I think this goes back to the Sheriff guy in the church asking for any kind of sign. Maybe this is God's way of putting them on the right track. You know the saying; "God works in mysterious ways."
    This atheist wanted the deer moment to be a sign where God's sign is that "there is still beauty in this world". A moment to inspire the men to be strong and keep going. And then the kid gets shot in the chest...

Daryl re-collects the crossbow metal bolts after he shoots a zombie...
    This makes sense. They need to keep whatever will keep them safe. Daryl redeemed himself to me a bit in this episode. I wanted the Sherriff to tell Daryl that he was glad they were with him (mainly to encourage him to be his helpful self rather than his a**hat self!)

By the way, what did people think of the "Talking Dead" aftershow? I set the DVR wrong, so only caught the last five minutes. Thought it was a letdown, with the two guests talking over top of the host...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Oh, one other problem I have! How easily can one catch this zombie virus? I ask because they hack up these zombies and blood gets everywhere. If it landed on an open wound or got in their eye, would they catch it? If you can get it from a scratch or a bite then it sounds like it is very easy to catch, easier than HIV, for example. I just find it odd that they would want to cut open a zombie and dig around in its body even if they did have some gloves on. They got blood on them, for sure.
    -Brian

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I would think it's zombie blood to open wound transmission and possibly eye contact. They never really got into the transmission process other than bites or scratches that I know of. Last season, the sherrif did mention not to get it on their skin when they rubbed the zombie guts on their clothes. But since then, I've seen it on their skin many times.

Also, I thought there was a "shark suit" that can't be bitten through. I'd be looking into those real quick. It would be like zombie armour.

ETA: Found info on the shark suit. Just in case anyone wants to add it to their zombie apocalypse survival gear.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_suit

http://www.neptunic.com/workshop_sullivan.htm
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 10-18-2011 at 06:36 AM.

vCash
    Shark suit! Good idea!

We also know the zombies smell the living so perhaps just wearing a full on body suit would be enough? Something like this but thicker? lol

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAw&dur=191
    -Brian

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" Bloodletting: Season 2 episode 2 preview:
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...2-bloodletting

"The Walking Dead":Season 2 Episode 1 is now online at AMCTV.com for free in it's entirety:
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...ad-episode-201
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 10-18-2011 at 06:23 PM.

vCash
    Many thanks for the links!

vCash
    OK, I've read the thread, seen the promos........but I still don't get the alure of this show. Is there an actual plot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoberopals View Post
    OK, I've read the thread, seen the promos........but I still don't get the alure of this show. Is there an actual plot?
    Of course. They are trying to survive and find out if there is anywhere on Earth that they can be safe. That's it...lol
    -Brian

vCash
    Everything about the show is fantastic....from the writing, to the acting, to the special effects. You get movie quality work in a TV show every episode and you can't say that about every show out there. The zombie genre is a little overdone but this show stands out among them, there's so much more of a human element in it.

My friend Meghan put it best after her BF and her started watching Season 1. She said "I had to stop watching it, I was getting really uneasy". Yup, that's the point! What they're trying to convey, worked.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    The apocalypse is near!!! Repent!!!!

And get your zombie apocalypse survival gear in order before it's too late!!!!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Alone with finding a larger, safer community, the sub-plots include:

- the sherriff, his best friend and the sherriff's wife who are (sort of?) in a (complicated) love triangle

- crazy Daryl's crazy brother is somewhere out there after being abandoned by the group, who will probably seek revenge at some point

- the group are somewhat on eggshells in regards to Andrea, who wanted to die in the season one finale, but was manipulated by Dale, who she is now at odds with

But to me, it's all about the adventure of trying to find someplace that they all could consider "home".
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The apocalypse is near!!! Repent!!!!

And get your zombie apocalypse survival gear in order before it's too late!!!!
    I am ready. I'm stocking up on supplies. I also watched a show on discovery about zombies vs. vampires and am up on all the approprate ways to splatter them across a wall.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast