Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Answer to Buzz's first question:
    1.The dude/dudette is Michonne, who is very popular in the comics. Played by Danai Gurira.
    http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...s-michonne.php

I thought the finale was great!!! Exciting from beginning to end.

Loved Michonne's 2 zombie pets in collar/chains with no arms. Shane would have made a good pet for Carl or Andrea.
    Now I want 1-2 of my own.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 03-19-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I can finally read chapter 3 in the comic. I didn't want to get too far ahead so I could keep up with the changes they make on the program for comparative purposes. It really helps that Kirkman does both and the changes on the show aren't really out of line. They kept Shane alive a lot longer than the comic did and made Herschel much less of a jerk, but all in all, the basic premise was the same. He says Michonne will be every bit as on the show as she is in the comic and the General will be awesome. I can't wait for Season 3.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    2. Why was Rick yelling at everyone about him killing his bet friend for "you people"? Just seems like he had so many reasons for killing Shane like; him sleeping with his wife, killing two innocent people, and tring to kill Rick himself. Not to mention Rick was warned by Lori that Shane was dangerous. The rest of the group had nothing to do with it.
    I think Rick was venting. It seems everybody criticizes him and no one thanks him for all he does for them. This group has never discussed having a leader (or electing one). They just assume Rick is the leader and then attacks him for being in the role they place him in...without his permission.

I find it strange that this group does not have regular group meetings. One major agenda issue should have been a strategy plan for if/when they are attacked...how to deal with it and if they become separated, where do they meet up?

3. The helicopter???
    On the Talking Dead episode that followed the finale, the producer (writer?) said that this just means that others are out there. And the actress who plays Andrea said that she thought the helicopter signified hope.

4. Is Rick going to be the next "bad guy" in the group?
    I certainly hope not (I expect Merle to become the new bad guy). I'm hoping Rick's rant was just a wake-up call to the others that on one hand they should be more careful and/or supportive of someone who takes on a leadership role. And that they need to take the lead themselves to create what they want to see happen. You can't just sit back and do nothing and then attack the one who actually is doing something.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I thought Rick did a really horrible job of defending himself to the group. Instead of calmly letting them know that Shane was going to kill him and that he already killed 2 others he went on a rant and came across as someone who was losing his mind. If I was in the group I would assume he was no longer safe to be around, much less be in charge.

Was Lori upset about Shane being killed or just upset about Carl being involved? I know she really lost it when she heard about Carl but she already was pulling away from Rick when he told her he killed Shane. This is the same woman who basically told Rick to kill Shane just a few days/weeks ago. That felt a little off for me but I suppose she could still be surprised by the news.

Michonne! I read about her character during the day yesterday but I had read the part wasn't cast yet so I was not expecting her to pop up in the finale at all. They didn't show a face so it is possible they filmed that before casting someone and just put someone random in the robe.

I felt the very ending was a little of a let down. I know we are supposed to assume that next season the group will end up at the prison but it just wasn't very exciting to see a prison over the horizon. They have already ventured into one before and it was completely over run with zombies. I fail to see how this one would have been cleared out even though I am sure it has been but I just feel that something other than a prison would have been more exciting but I know that would probably be too far off from the comics.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Answer to Buzz's first question:
    1.The dude/dudette is Michonne, who is very popular in the comics. Played by Danai Gurira.
    http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...s-michonne.php

I thought the finale was great!!! Exciting from beginning to end.

Loved Michonne's 2 zombie pets in collar/chains with no arms. Shane would have made a good pet for Carl or Andrea.
    Now I want 1-2 of my own.

Never heard of Danai before, but she's beautiful She's also got a slim, but athletic build to believably pull off Michonne (who's a bodybuilder of sorts).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I thought Rick did a really horrible job of defending himself to the group. Instead of calmly letting them know that Shane was going to kill him and that he already killed 2 others he went on a rant and came across as someone who was losing his mind. If I was in the group I would assume he was no longer safe to be around, much less be in charge.
    Didn't he point out that Shane was going to kill him? I thought he handled the situation fairly well. Given what they'd all just been through, he was as calm as could be expected.

And of course he'll have guilt for killing Shane. He didn't have any choice, but he really would have preferred for Shane to have accepted his authority. He was after all wailing on Shane's corpse.

Was Lori upset about Shane being killed or just upset about Carl being involved? I know she really lost it when she heard about Carl but she already was pulling away from Rick when he told her he killed Shane. This is the same woman who basically told Rick to kill Shane just a few days/weeks ago. That felt a little off for me but I suppose she could still be surprised by the news.
    Yes, that was real off for me to. I guess it could be put down to her feeling overwhelmed, but she has been irrational a few too many times.
    She's not too popular among the fans, not surprisingly.

I know we are supposed to assume that next season the group will end up at the prison but it just wasn't very exciting to see a prison over the horizon. They have already ventured into one before and it was completely over run with zombies.
    When did they venture into a prison before?

To me, the prison looked like nirvana.

vCash
    Can someone please answer this question, I can't wait until Season Three to find out?

Michonne has two zombies on a leash, right? I couldn't tell for sure if they were zombies, but it appears they are.

So, it appears she has found a way to pacify the zombies? Do they serve any purpose for her? Armless zombies couldn't be much of a defense against hungry zombies.

vCash
    A prison would make sense because it is extremely secure and stocked with food. I think perhaps keeping some zombies around covers up the scent of living creatures so as not to attract more zombies.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Can someone please answer this question, I can't wait until Season Three to find out?

Michonne has two zombies on a leash, right? I couldn't tell for sure if they were zombies, but it appears they are.

So, it appears she has found a way to pacify the zombies? Do they serve any purpose for her? Armless zombies couldn't be much of a defense against hungry zombies.
    Yes they are zombies. But they aren't just random zombies

Spoiler

Buzz is right, they do serve a purpose: remember that zombies don't attack one another

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    Buzz is right, they do serve a purpose: remember that zombies don't attack one another
    But they aren't moving erratically and growling, like all the other zombies are. And they aren't attacking her. So, it wasn't even clear to me that they were zombies.

So it appears she has found a way to pacify them?

vCash
    You only see them briefly, but they have no arms or lower jaw. Another hint - remember what Rick and Glenn did to avoid zombies in Atlanta? Same concept.

vCash
    I get the scent-masking point. But I still want to know what accounted for the passive behaviour. I didn't notice that the jaws had been removed (will look for that when I rewatch the episode), but zombies don't think so wouldn't decide to calm down because they were incapable of biting and chewing.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Read a letter in the Feedback section of Entertainment Weekly about the writing for the Walking Dead. Here's an excerpt:

The TV viewing audience is a lot smarter than we're given credit for. We know a cheap thrill from the real thing, and have been longing for the latter since the departure of 24. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I had to pay to see The Walking Dead on the big screen. But with writing this brilliant, who needs to go to the multiplex?
    Hmm. I wasn't really thinking that the writing staff for the Walking Dead were a shoo-in for an Emmy this year...!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I would like to feed the writing staff to a horde of zombies.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Season 3 updates:

"The Walking Dead" season 3: Behind the scenes with Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...57.html?ref=tv

Dispatches from the set - Art director Doug Fick:
    http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...-interview.php

"The Talking Dead" has been renewed also. I always enjoy the chatfest after the episodes.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" Marathon(all 19 episodes from seasons 1-2) and Season 3 preview set for July 7-8:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

vCash
    Thanks for the heads up.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011