Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I totally expected this. That being said, apparently this is a big change from the original books. I wonder what else will be changed.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So Shane finds out through Rick that Lori might be pregnant...

Hershel says he wants the new group to leave, but doesn't specify why...and Rick doesn't think to ask...

Hershel doesn't think to warn anybody that he's going to go zombie collectin'...

Nobody thinks to say, "No Shane, it is not a good idea to murder the loved ones of our hosts!"....

PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE...If I ever get stuck with a group of people after a zombie apocalypse, let me end up with ANY group which has better communication skills than this lot!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    My wish is that Shane and Andrea go zombie hunting. They end up getting chased at some point, and Andrea shoots Shane in the leg leaving him for zombie food so she can get away. Better him than her.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I knew Sophia was in that barn as soon as we found out Walkers were in there. Good twist but way too obvious at the same time. I hate that we have to wait until February for new episodes. I don't know how the comic turns out but I am ready for them to leave the farm so we can have new story lines.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    In retrospect, I should have known Sophia was in the barn, but when she came out, it was a total surprise.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    My wish is that Shane and Andrea go zombie hunting. They end up getting chased at some point, and Andrea shoots Shane in the leg leaving him for zombie food so she can get away. Better him than her.
    They already went zombie hunting. Shooting happened, but a gun was not involved...

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I knew Sophia was in that barn as soon as we found out Walkers were in there.
    Guess I'm naive because I was thinking they would find her. They don't kill children on TV shows, right?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Guess I'm naive because I was thinking they would find her. They don't kill children on TV shows, right?
    That is a good point but after she went missing AND Carl was shot I realized they have no problem hurting kiddies in this show. lol Besides, she simply couldn't be out there for that long by herself. It would have been too unbelievable for me. How did this work out in the comic? Do they just find her turned in the woods? Or was her character made for the show?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    As someone who follows the comic, total shocker!!

Spoiler

Along with Shane surviving way past his expiry date, I'm convinced that the TV series and comic are parallel/alternate universes in relation to each other.
    Yes, it deviates from the comic, but is it really a shocker considering how many characters meet horrible ends in the series? I am glad they are capturing some of the hopeless feel of the comic series, but I am sure they are somewhat confined in regards to content because they do run on basic cable.

Since they weren't afraid to go this direction with Sophie I have to wonder if the twins will somehow be introduced later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    That is a good point but after she went missing AND Carl was shot I realized they have no problem hurting kiddies in this show. lol Besides, she simply couldn't be out there for that long by herself. It would have been too unbelievable for me. How did this work out in the comic? Do they just find her turned in the woods? Or was her character made for the show?
    There were several children in the comic series along with Carl. I don't recall Sophie ever even getting lost to be honest. If it did happen it wasn't when they found the Hershel farm. It's been about a year or more since I read them though so perhaps I am not recalling this being a part of the story.

Spoiler

vCash
    Sophia never got lost in the comic. Sophia actually outlives Carol, her mother and is psychologically traumatized by the event. She's adopted by Glenn and Maggie, and her trauma causes her to think that the two are her real parents. Sophie also has affections toward Carl but it's not returned in kind.
    Given that and all that's transpired since the farm, it was shocking for me that they killed her off this early...but then again Sophia is a relatively unimportant character that's faded into the background and hasn't really played a pivotal role in anything.

Other big differences:
    • Andrea has more backbone in the comic. She's much stronger willed than the hysterical woman they've made her into in the TV series.
    • Maggie is showing much more personality in the TV series than she ever did in the comic.
    • Carol's husband is never really mentioned in the comic. She's also more of a hypersexual bombshell rather than a meek abused wife.
    • Not sure if T-bone is supposed to be a poor man's Tyreese, but if so, the comic version is a muscular badass who is pretty much Rick's right-hand man in combat.
    • Otis was skinny and did not die during an expedition. Another minor plot point is that he was racist.
    • They completely skipped a stop between Atlanta and the farm. It wasn't too important in the grand scheme of things. For that matter, the CDC was never visited and IIRC, never mentioned in the comic.
    • Daryl and Merle are completely new characters.

vCash
    I don't know if anyone else watches the 'Talking Dead' show that's usually on at midnight (on the east coast) but on last Sunday's episode Kirkman said it's easier to kill off his characters in the comics than the show because when he kills them on the show, he is basically letting an actor go.
    * Ice-dance.com *

vCash
    [*]Andrea has more backbone in the comic. She's much stronger willed than the hysterical woman they've made her into in the TV series.
    That was my issue with the potryal of her character as well, but I it seems to me that the TV series is showing the development of her character from a victimized survior of the zombie outbreak to jaded badass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    They don't kill children on TV shows, right?
    IIRC, the first scene of the first episode was Rick shooting a little girl zombie, so that was probably the first indication the show has no qualms about killing kids.

I really, REALLY want them to get off the farm. I didn't have a problem in the beginning of the season with the pacing, but now I do. I'm almost wondering if having less episodes per season will be better for this show. Right now there's just too much talking and fluff in every ep.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Sophia actually outlives Carol, her mother and is psychologically traumatized by the event. She's adopted by Glenn and Maggie, and her trauma causes her to think that the two are her real parents.
    I hope this means that Glenn and Maggie might have a future. They're my two favourite couples. While they have their problems, they (with a little bit of time) get things out into the open where these difficulties can be dealt with.

By the way, I had to look up Maggie's name at imdb.com and while I was there, I looked to see what else she has done. I was to find out that she played Rose on The Vampire Diaries:

Lauren Cohan (Maggie) as Rose on The Vampire Diaries

I can't believe this is the same actress!

vCash
    Having just watched all the episodes in a glorious marathon complete with zombie nightmares, I have two questions:

1) Rick and Herschel herd the walkers to the barn using a stick with a noose. How do they get them into the barn? they couldn't open the door or the others would get out. I imagined they might dump them into the pit from the hayloft, but that would require a) the walkers climbing, which they are poor at, b) positioning the walkers in the right place to fall to the pic, and c) releasing the noose as the walkers fall. Perhaps they just dump them down with the noose intact, given that nooses are easy to make.

2) As a member of Rick's group, what's your position going to be after Shane has violated the host's rules? Myself, I'd want Shane gone real fast.

In fact, given a choice between a walker and Shane, I'd pick the walker. Shane is more dangerous.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    They distract the walkers with a chicken while putting the new walker inside the barn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    They distract the walkers with a chicken while putting the new walker inside the barn.
    Of course.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" returns for the second half of season 2 tonight 2/12/2012 at 9:00pm:
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...g-dead-returns

The first 7 episodes of season 2 are replaying on AMC today 1:30-9:00. New episode is at 9:00pm.

The cast talks about the second half of Season 2:
    http://www.channelguidemagblog.com/?p=46168

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm having to use two DVRs to record Walking Dead, Downton Abby and watch the Grammys.

vCash
    Rick's wife is such an idiot.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast