View Poll Results: What is your favorite skate to 'The feeling begins'?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oksana Baiul (pro & exhibition)

13 8.78%
  • Michelle Kwan (2003 SP)

64 43.24%
  • Grishchuk-Platov (1997 FD)

52 35.14%
  • Navka-Kostamorov (2003? FD)

5 3.38%
  • Jill Trenary (1992? pro)

2 1.35%
  • Grushina-Goncharov (2002? FD)

2 1.35%
  • Other

10 6.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Michelle's was the best. She captured that power and fire perfectly and the footwork section was wonderful. I still get really pissed when I think about how the judges shafted her at 2004 worlds with that program...those scores were ridiculous, time violation or not.

I'd put Baiul a close 2nd. Her exhibition program, especially the first couple of times she performed it was awesome! I loved the costume and the beginning part when she was down on the ice and the ending...she was a fabulous exhibition skater.

vCash
    Yesterday I rewatched The Last Temptation of Christ -where this soundtrack originally comes from. Just amazing movie with amazing Willem Dafoe.
    Back to the topic - G/P are the best.
    I also like N/K - though its somehow a copy of G/P it was a solid program, and they both looked beautiful.

vCash
    bronze - Trenary, just cause I like her and she's not getting any love in the poll

silver - G/P, probably their best ever FD, esp the Eruopeans performance (maybe their best ever performance of their best ever program)

gold - The Kwanster, among other things her performance at 2002 SA showed she wasn't nearly as washed up as many had thought/feared/hoped. Also it marked her ful evolution into mature power skater phase (following her exquisite artiste and jumping bean phases).

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    thanks! Just to check out, did Linichuk & Karponosov choreographed any other masterpiece? Maybe they put the idea of the program, but I don't ever recall a good program of theirs.
    I think I'll trust even knowing the dramaqueen she was!
    Yeah, TFB doesn't seem like Linichuk's style at all. Denkova & Staviyski had Adagio and the 7 Deadly Sins with Linichuk, which I consider masterpieces, but I don't know if she choreographed them or hired someone.

I have to agree with those that say N&K's TFB was very good, but not quite a classic. I found it very kama sutra-esque with a lot of bendy lifts and good chemistry between the two, but didn't care for the posing.

vCash
    Thanks, cherub and brian c. - this board is full of people who really know their stuff!!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Gritschuk & Platov's skated to its maximum was far superior to Michelle Kwan's IMO. Michelle's was also very good, but G&P left me more feeling of owning that music totally. Michelle wins every poll she is on here though. I never saw Baiul's, Navka & Kostomarov's was just good, and the other two were mediocre at best.
    I totally agree. G&P really captured the feeling of the music and gave it character. If you turned the music down you would definately get a feeling for the flavour and characters they were trying to create. Kwan just skated through it. It was powerful skating but she really didn't do anything special with the music. If you turned the music off you wouldn't know what she was skating to. It could have been anything.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Title-less
    vCash
    Lysacek and Meissner aqlso did a TFB. Both have effective choreography but neither is one I'd watch zillion times over (unlike Kurt's or G&P's)

vCash
    None. Lordie, I detest that creepy "music." The Feeling must END, not Begin! Listening to that is my equivalent of being waterboarded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Michelle's was the best. She captured that power and fire perfectly and the footwork section was wonderful. I still get really pissed when I think about how the judges shafted her at 2004 worlds with that program...those scores were ridiculous, time violation or not.
    Ditto!

And I might get for that but I find the choreo of G&P's program more ludicrous than intricate, especially that bit

Not fond of those costumes either

vCash
    G&P far and away my favourite performance of the piece and then Oksana Baiul is a close 2nd.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    [QUOTE=DannyCurry;3326796]Ditto!

And I might get for that but I find the choreo of G&P's program more ludicrous than intricate, especially that bit

The movements really went with the music though

vCash

vCash

vCash
    Gritschuk & Platov's was far superior to Michelle Kwan's IMO. It isnt even close to my favorite program from Kwan either, or even close to my favorite short program of hers. Michelle's was still very good and a strong but distant 2nd. The rest I dont even remember so are probably blah and forgettable. Anything Baiul or Trenary did as a pro were blah and forgettable for that matter other than Trenary's nice performances at Ice Wars one year.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDsk8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TDsk8 View Post
    Wheeee, if I had those pants I would totally wear them grocery shopping and around the house.

Is that a portrait of Oksana in the background? Really cool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123