Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Ha, Nina got her way again!
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem X View Post
    Ha, Nina got her way again!
    I hadn't watched after season 3 until this season. From the sounds of it, Nina always gets her way. Is that really true?

vCash
    Lots of people are in a stressful environment and they don't act that way. Even on PR, the Joshes stand out. Being on a competition-based reality tv show does not excuse your behavior.

I'm glad Uli finally won!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Can I say I love L'wren Scott as a designer.

I love her clothes.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Such an anti-climatic ending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Lots of people are in a stressful environment and they don't act that way. Even on PR, the Joshes stand out. Being on a competition-based reality tv show does not excuse your behavior.

I didn't say it was an excuse for his behavior, but everyone reacts differently. He was man enough to apologize and admit he was wrong. That's all you can ask of anyone, including one's self.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I think Josh deserves the win over Anya.
    ITA. I personally thought Josh tried some really innovative stuff that was beautifully done and sort of groovy and forward thinking, IMHO. The boy needs a long apprenticeship somewhere that allows for ALOT of personal growth and maturity. There is so much potential and ambition there, learning a bit of the real world operation of fashion from a mentor might benefit him greatly both professionally and personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem X View Post
    Well, Viktor didn't win, and that might be the best thing for his career
    I always wonder what kind of pact with the devil you make with you win, starting even way back in S1 with Jay. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Such an anti-climatic ending.
    Yup.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-28-2011 at 03:44 AM.

vCash
    IMO, the most talented designer hasn't won Project Runway since the Leeanimal. But this is not by far the worst decision ever made. I put her in the Seth Aaron category of winners--likeable designer, talented designer, not the best of the season, but a great final show when it counted and very respectable.
    Last edited by Matryeshka; 10-28-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    I think Uli was way better than Anya. At least Anya can use the $ to hire someone to sew for her. Maybe that will help her range. I imagine one of the reasons her range was so limited was due to her very basic sewing skills.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    I thought Viktor should've won. But once he was eliminated, I knew it was Anya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I didn't say it was an excuse for his behavior, but everyone reacts differently. He was man enough to apologize and admit he was wrong. That's all you can ask of anyone, including one's self.
    But he qualifies his apologies and he does the same thing over and over. It's just words without meaning if you apologize and still exhibit the same behavior.

And I'm sorry, I have to ask--if Josh looked like Becky or Bert, or had less perfect eyebrows, would he have any defenders?

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    ITA. I personally thought Josh tried some really innovative stuff that was beautifully done and sort of groovy and forward thinking, IMHO. The boy needs a long apprenticeship somewhere that allows for ALOT of personal growth and maturity. There is so much potential and ambition there, learning a bit of the real world operation of fashion from a mentor might benefit him greatly both professionally and personally.
    I really thought it was going to be Josh. He's driven me nuts personality-wise, but his first look came out and I thought WANT! And except for the "sad" look and the green shorts, I generally liked the whole thing. Even the screaming bright colors (just...not on those shorts, honey. In fact, those shorts should not exist in any color.)

I also loved Viktor's but the minute Heidi started in about the black chiffon looks being a 'missed opportunity' he was toast. (That first dress, though..WANT!)

Anya...well, it looked like Anya. All of it. I liked the print with the first dress, anyway.

I actually didn't like Kimberly. Some of the pants were just unflattering and one neckline had me thinking "I think Wendy Pepper did that same collar in pink...only her construction was better." Didn't look polished, didn't look cohesive, didn't stand up next to the other three.

Ah, well, on to "Shoe fetishist hits on designer in a skirt..." I mean, "Project Accessory."

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    But he qualifies his apologies and he does the same thing over and over. It's just words without meaning if you apologize and still exhibit the same behavior.

And I'm sorry, I have to ask--if Josh looked like Becky or Bert, or had less perfect eyebrows, would he have any defenders?
    I think Josh's looks are as tacky and overdone as his clothes, if he were less obviously done-up he might actually have more admirers.

Well, it was an anticlimatic end and Anya's collection wasn't sterling. I think Viktor might have made a mistake in the clothes he picked for the runway, I agree there was too much see-through cha-cha but that overall his work was the best of the season.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i really like the see through cha cha
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash

He apologized on the live shows(or were they pre recorded) interview shows for his behavior; he can't undue the already filmed footage. He saw how he acted, apologized. Hindsight....

When he apologized to Becky, I"m pretty sure the finale had already happened. And what was wrong with stating the fact the Anya didn't actually sew much with the final runway collection. He still complimented her collection.

Also, I don't understand how anyone can feel we know a person's personality seeing 4 to 5 weeks of a competition edited down into 2 months of shows.

Sure, Josh would have defenders if he looked like Becky or Bert. I liked Bert from day one. I think Bert felt like an outsider and was very defensive in the beginning. I don't think that's all of Bert's personality.

I do think Becky's clothes are nothing special. She's a great seamstress but we didn't get to see her design skills show up on the show.

vCash
    Well, now our winner can hire some people to help her sew. I was in the 'anyone but eyebrows' group, so glad she won. I think they tossed the extra $500 at them to give her a chance to get rid of that crappy golden gown.

I'm stunned that the judges liked the neon green shorts with that strange fabric hanging from them.

Viktor had it until he put out the hooker clothes. I was trying to figure out if the one black bar was on the outfit or the tv. Too bad, I loved his patterns.

Probably not a good thing for our final 4 that they're showing the losers collections next week - Laura's collection was amazing. But, I'm happy to know I can poke fun at Fauxliver's eyebrow mania/boob hatred again.

ETA - eyebrows needs to get over himself and own up to being a jerk to Becky. His comments were nowhere near an apology. I'd like to put his collection 'in a box and bury it'. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    The HER, her name starts with a G.

To her winning over Mondo.
    Nah, 'her' name started with a W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I think Josh's looks are as tacky and overdone as his clothes,
    PRLady, are you a fan of the following designers; Alexander McQueen, Gianni Versace, Bill Blass, John Paul Gaultier and Betsey Johnson?

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Josh can be a HUGE bully and needs some major maturing and attitude adjustment, but he isn't the first PR finalist who was (and one of the bigger jerk@$$es WON once, and also turned out not to be as big a twit as he came across). I found him horribly grating, I wouldn't want to hang out with him, and some his personal wardrobe should be confiscated and burned, (especially that one loud v-neck shirt that, along with his hair, makes him looks like an Arthur Murray taxi dancer ca. 1983) but if it was just about the final collections, it would come down between him and Viktor for me and (because I had a similar underwhelmed reaction to the four similar black looks) I'd have given it to Josh. Collections, and ability to learn from the show, because he edited.

vCash
    I don't think I've ever said this before but I'm going on record officially - I want it said publicly - I'm done with this show. That result was insulting. Most of the season has been insulting. Boycotting Lifetime as well (this was the only lifetime show I watched so it's not difficult).

vCash
    I missed the finale! When did it air?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast