Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wanted Kimberly and Josh to both be eliminated because I am tired of listening to them talk and talk and talk and talk.....

Shut up and sew.

vCash
    Josh has such an inflated opinion of himself - mostly unwarranted - and little respect for either Kimberly or Anya.
    It's very irritating.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    There was lots of fugly on that runway last night. Viktor's was the best of the lot, but the jacket was the only "wow" piece for me. I hated that sheer dress he paired it with though.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Note to mothers and brothers of future contestents - run for your lives. It seems to make it to the final 4 of this competition, the contestent must be grieving for someone.

vCash
    Now that I've seen Laura's awesome decoy collection (would have won if it was still in) and seen the overall mediocrity of the top four....meh. OK, Victor will still be a worthy winner, but Kimberly, Josh, and especially Anya....not impressive at all.

It was hilarious to see Tim daintily stepping across that wooden walkway to the boat in Trinidad. It was awesome to see him racking Josh over the coals about his awful, ugly fabric. Tim is really the best thing about this show. More Tim! Free Tim Gunn!

My first thought upon seeing the rear view of Josh's black...dress? leggings? whatever?....was, "Olivia Newton-John in Grease." Nice to see I'm thinking like Michael Kors. We both got chills, and they're multiplying....but not in a good way.

vCash
    Susan - are you turning orange now?

Not sure if Laura would have been able to pull off her collection under the "$9,000 budget, no help with sewing" rules. Maybe the auffing was a blessing for her. I loved the jewelry she had in her collection too - wonder if she designed that?

Popping back in to say that I love Viktor's silk screened photo fabric. I'm not a fan of the palm tree crotch pants though.

Wonder if Anya is getting the 'I'm going back to my perfect Trinidad style asthetic' edit now? She'll dump the 'tortured' fabric and go with what she knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    ITA with this. As soon as it was clear the judges thought Anya's was the worst, I knew they'd let in all 4.
    Definitely. Shades of the Jeffrey/Uli/Laura season when teacher's pet Michael laid an egg in the F4, and predestined F4 auffee Uli won the challenge ...TA DA! Michael was advanced. Thank geebus for that, because if they'd have done the right thing we'd have never had Michael's hilariously, horribly embarrassment of a final collection.

Speaking of Ms. Bennett, methinks she protests too much, i.e. judges giving their pets another chance. As I recall, she was over the moon when her little yes man Michael was given a pass into the F4.

Kimberly's butt skirt was really bad.
    Oh, dear god, what was she thinking? Even if it fit the model, that would've been a tragic shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Wonder if Anya is getting the 'I'm going back to my perfect Trinidad style asthetic' edit now? She'll dump the 'tortured' fabric and go with what she knows.
    Affirmative. Tim's tweet that I posted when the episode began, to "not assume" we know who is going to win by what happens tonight, is pretty telling when combined with everything else ... the season-long story arc and the judges' history of oohing an aahing over Anya getting a stitch in correctly ... everyone's demeanors in the After the Runway episodes ... the fact that she should've been auffed and "seems" to have little chance to change her collection in two day. Lotsa fuel stirring up the "Anya won" fire.

Seems to be stacked for a Anya win ... however, we don't expect Kimberly or Josh to win, either. So, maybe Tim's words just tells us that Victor doesn't win?

I think that the "All About Anthony Ryan" After the Runway pretty much sewed up Fan Favorite for the guy.

vCash
    Bumping to the top.

Love how the judges gave the contestants $500 and Josh promptly went out and bought hideous neon green! So much for being 'tasteful'.

vCash
    There's something very anti-climactic about this finale. I miss in previous PR finales when they sat at the table and auditioned models, accused each other of not doing their own work, last minute challenges, making them take the bittah auffed as sous-designers for the "surprise challenge", models not showing up. Where's the drama? It can't all come from Josh's eyebrows.

And why in the hell did Anya not use that absolutely gorgeous Caribbean-blue print she showed Tim on his at-home visit?

ETA: There's the blue print!
    Last edited by Matryeshka; 10-28-2011 at 02:59 AM.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I can't stand Josh. His looks are so...tacky. Gaudy, loud, bad fabric. And he thinks he's chic and fashion forward! Ugh.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I just watched the shorter versions of the last two episodes after missing them....I have to say that I'm disappointed in Kim and Anya but never have seen anything attractive about Josh's clothes. They're the epitome of tacky.

Victor to me is the obvious winner based on what we've seen so far.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    why didnt kimberly burn that bubble skirt?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I actually liked Kimberly's entire collection.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I actually liked Kimberly's entire collection.
    I'd seen the stills before, but it looks much better in motion.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    I think the producers are hoping for an Anya win

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I liked a lot of her stuff, it was a bit gaudy but well-made. She should have done more pants!

Josh's was awful. I swear if I liked his clothes I'd overlook his obnoxious personality but I can't find anything in that collection I'd wear, except the LBD (if I were 20 and had a perfect body.)
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I liked Kimberly's collection alot. Its spring and she brings you lots colorful ensembles. I saw the smile on Betsey Johnson's face and we all know BJ is not afraid to use color.

I liked some of Josh's pieces and others not so much. I still wouldnt' mind if Josh won, he has a POV that I like alot from a designer and he can definitely find his place in fashion. People hated Alexander McQ and Gianni Versace's similar POV at first but they are legends now and they're fashion houses are iconic.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Victor's collection felt more like a fall collection than a spring collection.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Project Runway is not consistant in defining the winner - The next most creative designer, or the most commercial, or fashion forward. This finale had designers that filled each of those niches. Which does PR want?

vCash
    I liked all the collections except Josh. Based on this, I could see a justification for Anya, Viktor or Kim. I liked all of Uli's Anya's designs a lot, but none of them wowed me. There were "wows!" for me in both Viktor and Kim's, but some in both as well.

I'm fine with anyone winning but Josh.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast