Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    He might not be anymore -- do you remember the video of his apartment? I think he's got half of the Design within Reach catalog in there, and that's not even including the kitchen or bathroom.
    Evan has an apartment in LA; however, the home that was featured on the TV show was Evan's Las Vegas house. Evan's house was remodeled by his father who is a contractor. The decorators were his parents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    I'd be really surprised if Evan is a multi-millionaire. I'd be surprised if he was a millionaire.

I am not sure how accurate it is; however, per Bloomberg Businessweek Power 100 of 2011, Lysacek made $2.5 million:

http://images.businessweek.com/slide...2011/slides/83

vCash
    Well, like most of you, I'm not at all surprised that Evan is not competing the GP circuit.

Frankly, I don't expect to see Evan EVER compete again in the GP series, Nationals, Worlds, Olys.

WHY on earth would he? He's already won the OGM ... and he was very lucky to do that! WHY would he ever want to compete again?

Psssssst ..... Evan ... there's nowhere to go but DOWN. But, I suspect Evan is smart enough to not need me to tell him that.

vCash
    If Shawn Johnson's DWTS contract is anything to go on - And I think it is - Then Evan made 250K for getting into the finals. TMZ published the particulars of SJ's contract which had to be publicly filed because she was a minor.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Evan is a brand name skater and GP skaters are commodities, blah, blah. No judgement if it was about $$$, but I don't think he intended to skate. His gold medal reputation is too heavy to take back into competition.

vCash
    A recent article on Evan posted on FSU (not sure what thread) revealed that he stayed in a Paris hotel where he payed about $1,000 per night. If that's not wealthy, I don't know what is wealthy.

That said, skaters don't return to competition for money, and even if they did, money alone can't give them the motivation to go through the rigorous training they need to undergo in order to become competitive again.

If the US Fed used Evan's name to sell ticket's, that's their issue - it's an effective strategy to sell Skate America tickets, albeit a slimy one.

If Evan expects to profit from returning to competition he's probably deluded. But I doubt that he does - as I said he is already a rich man. It appears that he wants to return in competitive form. Whether than happens or not remains to be seen, and Evan knows that better than anyone else.

vCash
    I feel sad that Evan will not be competing at Skate America. Not surprised, since it was posted in August (IIRC), that he was seen wearing something (I have forgotten the word) in his foot, which índicated an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    If the US Fed used Evan's name to sell ticket's, that's their issue - it's an effective strategy to sell Skate America tickets, albeit a slimy one.
    Evan wanted to come back to competitions, he missed competing very much. At least in an interview he and Carroll spoke about it. Besides, he had started to train, hence the injury, I believe. It may be that his foot will never be able to handle the quad practicing anymore, I think.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeedward View Post
    Neither was "da Kween" an Olympic Gold Medalist!?!
    No, Michelle certainly was not an OGM.

Evan and Sasha are not the only ones to drop out of the GP after media hype.

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/oct.../sp-newswire19

vCash
    I can't believe it

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Something tells me we are going to hear the details very soon. This is way too fishy. One of the wealthiest skaters in the world is pulling out of the GP because the usfsa isn't giving him enough money? He has sponsors, gets money from headlining a tour, and was paid to be in a reality tv show. He has to be a multi-millionaire now. Does he NEED money from the usfsa at this point in his life? Absolutely not. What an ungrateful you know what!
    A "multi-millionaire"? He's a male figure skater representing the USA, not a football or basketball star, and he certainly isn't in the same league of athlete sports legends as a Michael Phelps in terms of Olympic sports.

I've thought for a long while that Lysacek has an enormous ego (since winning his 1st US title in 2007), and this further confirms those feelings. He has divo written all over him.

From reading this thread, it is completely mind-boggling to me that athletes, particularly those only at the level of Lysacek, who, let's face it, is nowhere in the top echelon of sports legends, would squander away the money of their hard labor on overly extravagant luxuries with the economy in the poor state that it is in. Do these people not keep up with news and current events? By the time the next Olympics rolls around, I wonder if he will have filed for bankruptcy.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-15-2011 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Once Evan announced he was training and accepted the spot at SA, he gave the USFSA permission to use his picture in its advertisements (along with other skaters competing).

Someone should remind Evan that in the "olden days" figure skaters weren't paid for competing, you have to wonder how many skaters had the ability to reach the level Evan did but didn't because they didn't have the financial means to hire a Frank Carroll or lack of time to spend on the ice due to working to pay rent etc.

vCash
    Maybe when it comes to money he's looking to the long term. He won't command these kinds of sums forever, after all, and even if he's enjoying having a little extra now, maybe he thinks he should make enough to save some for later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post

From reading this thread, it is completely mind-boggling to me that athletes, particularly those only at the level of Lysacek, who, let's face it, is nowhere in the top echelon of sports legends, would squander away the money of their hard labor on overly extravagant luxuries with the economy in the poor state that it is in. Do these people not keep up with news and current events? By the time the next Olympics rolls around, I wonder if he will have filed for bankruptcy.

Hopefully Evan has a good money manager who invested his money so it will grow and be there for his future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    I am not sure how accurate it is; however, per Bloomberg Businessweek Power 100 of 2011, Lysacek made $2.5 million:

http://images.businessweek.com/slide...2011/slides/83

I always got the impression that money was never an issue for Evan, afterall he use to talk about his Hollywood Hills home around the corner from Brittany Spears before he won his first US title.
    Last edited by judiz; 10-15-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Someone should remind the powers-to-be at USFS that it is highly unethical to use our Olympic Champion's accomplishments and image to hawk tickets to Skate America BEFORE reaching any financial agreement to lock in his appearance. Very bad Public Relations once again.... aka Kwan, Cohen. Same bullshit dumped on the fans.
    Come on... We love America! Money rules!!!

Ah, Evan...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Didn't USFS throw money at da Kween back in the day?
    Lots of it. But, there was a lot more money in American skating then. Plus, Olympic champion or not, Michelle was a much bigger drawn than Evan is.

vCash
    i applaud Evan for being honest with regards to the money issue; however,
    if he just want to come back and skate and see how he does currently or with the current crop, or his technique, jumps. i have to say it kinda of makes me think he is in only skating more for moneysakes than skating.

i totally understand him being upset at issue with advertising in regards to Skate America, should he got something-possible.
    but i seem to recall when sarah was schedule and pulled out due to injury-skate america stated they used more money for putting her face on billboards, advertising. What i am getting at -is this skate america paid more for her advertising than to sarah personally. (whether she got extra money for participating or not-that i dont know) that is my take

evan is going to do what he wants and fair enough get what he can.
    w

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    Frankly, I don't expect to see Evan EVER compete again in the GP series, Nationals, Worlds, Olys.

WHY on earth would he? He's already won the OGM ... and he was very lucky to do that! WHY would he ever want to compete again?
    I guess it depends on whether you think the goal of life is to "win"...or be happy and do things for the joy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeedward View Post
    Neither was "da Kween" an Olympic Gold Medalist!?!
    Michelle wants to be Evan when she grows up.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I feel sad that Evan will not be competing at Skate America. Not surprised, since it was posted in August (IIRC), that he was seen wearing something (I have forgotten the word) in his foot, which índicated an injury.
    But injury was not the reason he gave for not competing. AFAIK he never officially acknowledged an injury himself.

Lysacek's official statement: http://www.whosay.com/evanlysacek/co...72?code=RnJR3o
    October 14, 2011
    I regret to inform that I am withdrawing from the 2011 Grand Prix Series. I am extremely trained and eager to compete at Skate America, but a suitable agreement could not be reached between US Figure Skating and myself by the event entry deadline. I'm extremely disappointed in this turn of events, but I hope to be back on competitive ice this season.
    If he were really that "extremely trained and eager to compete at Skate America" why would a "suitable [financial] agreement" be needed as well?

In any case, I'm happy that Doug Razzano is getting the opportunity to compete in his first Grand Prix.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    There's nothing slimy about advertising the skaters who have accepted their GP assignments as being scheduled to be there. Evan accepted his assignment, hence USFS had an expectation that he'd be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    In any case, I'm happy that Doug Razzano is getting the opportunity to compete in his first Grand Prix.
    It's kind of fun when the skaters you watched at local comps before anyone knew them get to the National and International stage. I'm happy for Doug too.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast