Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Darn, I was looking forward to seeing him skate competitively again. According to Phil's article he quotes Carroll as saying that Evan is not injured and then he
    gives some kind of mumbo jumbo reason regarding the Federation. What is that supposed to mean.
    It means that Evan knew USFSA was planning to profit off him to sell tickets (which isn't going well) and wanted a cut. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

USFSA tends to want to profit off thier athletes as do most sports governing bodies. Figure skaters have tradionally just been "grateful" for handouts, but... it's really a business and it's up to them and thier team to get them the best deal for thier talents. Evan doesn't "need" a Skate America and it could actually hurt his "marketablity" if he went and didn't win. Skate America "needed" an Evan. OGM sells tickets! If Evan wanted to be "compensated" for the risk then IMHO that's fine.

I think it would have been nice if this had been dealt with sooner, but.... considering that we don't have an "offical" location for Nationals 2013 and the fact that the location for Skate America 2011 was announced three or four months in advance, it fits the trend..

vCash
    Is Evan Sasha's friend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    It means that Evan knew USFSA was planning to profit off him to sell tickets (which isn't going well) and wanted a cut. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.
    I doubt that Lysacek wanted a "cut of the profits" from Skate America. IMO, Lysacek wanted funding, and USFSA would not agree. It could explain why USFSA had not even placed Lysacek on the Reserve Team envelope.

vCash
    Evan's tweet:

I regret to inform that I am withdrawing from the 2011 Grand Prix Series. I am extremely trained and eager to compete at Skate America, but a suitable agreement could not be reached between US Figure Skating and myself by the event entry deadline. I'm extremely disappointed in this turn of events, but I hope to be back on competitive ice this season.

vCash
    That's too bad - I would have liked to see him skate again in competition.

It's a bold move to tak about the diiiirtyyyyy monnnneeeeey. (Bug Bunny reference)
    I wonder if Frank Carroll spoke out of turn? Hope not.

If the envelope funding is for the season, wouldn't that mean he's not going to skate at Nationals, either, because they couldn't come to terms? 4CC's, the Team Competition and Worlds, would also be out of the picture if he didn't skate nationals.
    Last edited by FigureSpins; 10-15-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I took it as a disagreement over "appearance fees"..not the traditional funding or a "cut"..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post

If the envelope funding is for the season, wouldn't that mean he's not going to skate at Nationals, either, because they couldn't come to terms? 4CC's, the Team Competition and Worlds, would also be out of the picture if he didn't skate nationals.
    I don't think Evan's problem was with envelope funding but more to do with an outside contract that would pay him $$ for an appearance at Skate America.
    I doubt if TEB was ever in his plans.

vCash
    I have always felt Evan gets badly and childishly treated in this board but honestly Im more happy about Doug getting Skate American than him not competing.

vCash
    Weird, the whole financial side of things. Weird. Not surprised at all by him opting out, but I have to wonder what goes on behind the scenes with money. I feel very uninformed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I took it as a disagreement over "appearance fees"..not the traditional funding or a "cut"..
    Do other people get appearance fees? I thought all the money in the grand prix was from prizes.

vCash
    OK. He won't be at TEB either.

What is his 'path' to Nats? wouldn't he have to compete at Regionals and Sectionals?

vCash
    As a reigning Olympic Gold Medalist, I think Evan gets a bye to Nationals.

vCash
    What, did he expect the USFSA to throw at him just for the honor of his presence?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    OK. He won't be at TEB either.

What is his 'path' to Nats? wouldn't he have to compete at Regionals and Sectionals?
    As an Olympic medalist, Evan has a bye into the 2012, 2013, and 2014 nationals.

moving right along
    vCash
    Didn't USFS throw money at da Kween back in the day?

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    I knew that Dick Button's World Professional Championships had 'appearance money' written into some of the skaters' contracts. Didn't realise it happened at the eligible level as well.

Great news for Razzano, though. I really liked his SP from Nationals in 2011.

vCash

This really burns me that this announcement is made a few paltry days before the onset of the competition. It's a real dis to the (paying) public, IMO. Unacceptable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    What, did he expect the USFSA to throw at him just for the honor of his presence?

Certainly sounds like it, someone should remind Evan that the USFSA is not Stars on Ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    Is Evan Sasha's friend?
    lol

IIRC Sasha pulled out of both of her Pre-Olympics Grand Prix assignments, just days before each of them. That was just as annoying then as this is now.

vCash
    I wonder how long Razzano has actually known.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast