• Madison Chock / Evan Bates

15 12.82%
  • Isabella Cannuscio / Ian Lorello

5 4.27%
  • Other?

0 0%
    vCash

3rd US Dance team 2012, who's you pick?

So with SA kicking off the Grand Prix season next weekend, I got to thinking about the current US dance teams. Even at this point in the season, I think its safe to assume that D/W and the Shibutanis will be the top 2 teams at nationals, So who is your pick for that 3rd spot, I know its too early to predict, so I just see this as picking a favorite, so who's yours?
    Last edited by DimaToe; 10-14-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Lynn Kriengrkairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt

I wouldn't mind seeing Hubbell/Donahoe making it to Senior Worlds, but I have no idea how H/D or Samuelson-Gilles will fare at Nationals as new teams.

Alas I fear Camp Shpilband will dominate Nationals again and Chock/Bates will get the third spot (new team or not).
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Kriengrkairut & Giulietti-Schmitt or Hubbell & Donohue.

We haven't seen Samuelson and Gilles yet though and I might love them too.

I just don't want it to be Chock & Bates.

vCash
    ^ This.

vCash
    Kriengrkairut & Giulietti-Schmitt all the way. So deserving. They've had some hard luck but can be brilliant. They also win a medal for having the toughest names.

vCash
    Kriengkrairut & Giulietti-Schmitt for me also.

vCash
    My heart is with Emily and Todd, even if we haven't seen anything from them yet and don't know what to expect. I just love Emily and missed her a lot. I thought Samuelson/Bates had very promising career ahead before all the ugly stuff came out.

By the way, too bad the silver for the Shibs is almost a given. The SD this year is exposing so many of their flaws it's actually terrifying to know they won that bronze last year. They're still so juniorish. And their FD is a total repetition from last season.

vCash
    It's hard to say. I voted for Hubbell/Donahue since they looked really good at Nebelhorn, but I haven't seen Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt yet this season and I'm kinda hoping it's them. I wasn't THAT impressed by Chock/Bates and haven't seen Samuelson/Gilles yet. I'm thinking Emily and Evan might end up wishing they'd stayed together though. Btw, are the Shibutanis REALLY a lock for 2nd place? I've heard bad reviews of their new programs.

vCash
    I'm pulling for the "villains", Chock and Bates. Their FD is probably my favorite thing to come out of the Shpilband/Zueva camp in... ever?

I do like Kriengkrairut & Giulietti-Schmitt too though. They need to work on the twizzle/footwork sequences to be more competitive against a Shpilband team.

I find Hubbell and Donahue hard to watch. It's not as bad as when she was with her tiny brother, but they can't really do much other than skate in hand to hand position or grabbing onto each other right now, which is boring. They're forcing the "sexy" thing to compensate for the lack of actually choreography and connecting moves, which a lot of people seem to be buying into, but that doesn't do anything for me.

Btw, are the Shibutanis REALLY a lock for 2nd place?
    lolyes.

vCash
    K & G-S

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I'm pulling for the "villains", Chock and Bates. Their FD is probably my favorite thing to come out of the Shpilband/Zueva camp in... ever?

I do like Kriengkrairut & Giulietti-Schmitt too though. They need to work on the twizzle/footwork sequences to be more competitive against a Shpilband team.

I find Hubbell and Donahue hard to watch. It's not as bad as when she was with her tiny brother, but they can't really do much other than skate in hand to hand position or grabbing onto each other right now, which is boring. They're forcing the "sexy" thing to compensate for the lack of actually choreography and connecting moves, which a lot of people seem to be buying into, but that doesn't do anything for me.
    I agree. I didn't expect to like C/B, but actually liked their FD more than the others. I expected to really like H/D based on all the comments and that I was a H/H fan, but didn't. I am hoping that I really like this season's programs from K/G-S because I liked what they did last year. I am waiting to see what S/G have to offer since they went to Dean for choreography instead of using their chosen coaches who BTW are the choreographers for K/G-S.

What an interesting year for ice dance! Ooooh, just realized that S/G for Samuelson/Gilles is confusing to me because S/G used to be Summersett/Gilles.

vCash
    I couldn't possibly make up my mind between Lincoln Logs and the Ginger Bears. Both teams will probably have the most interesting choreography of the bunch.

vCash
    I am in the minority, but I love Lichtman/Copely and want to see where they're headed. Which, in my mind, could be spot #3 if the pressure on all the people who played musical partners this past summer is just too great.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I couldn't possibly make up my mind between Lincoln Logs and the Ginger Bears. Both teams will probably have the most interesting choreography of the bunch.
    Is Lincoln Logs K/G-S?

vCash
    The three new teams definately have a weak spot in abilities in their new partners (Todd probably is the best technically and artistically). For that reason, I'd like to see the more established teams be rewarded.

ps good thread!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Samuelson & Gilles amount of votes (the only team we haven't seen so far) says a lot about the objectiveness of this board And LOL at Chock&Bates being referred as the "villains" so spot on to describe this situation.

My vote goes to Hubbell & Donohue, they could spoil the Canton Party..

vCash
    Would love Samuelson/Gilles to take 2nd and Hubbell/Donahue 3rd at Nationals. Wishful thinking...why not.

vCash
    I dont know who I want to win until I see all the programs, but I picked C/B as who I think will win, mostly based on the pull Igor has with the USFS. I think his teams will be hard to beat. Given the enormous respect his teams get from the judges, Im surprised more Canadian teams dont train with him.

This is maybe a good place to ask this question - Do S/Z have any promising junior teams anymore? Have they priced themselves out of the market or something? It struck me during the JGPs that Igor had no teams there [or did I miss someone?]. Before this he always had new junior teams coming up.

Do they have any good novice couples? I'm wondering who is going to replace his current crop of skaters. I've read some threads where people were worrying about the domination of one coaching center [meaning him] - but that domination wont last for long, no matter how good a technical coach you are - if you dont have gifted young students down the pipeline.