Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Coverage available in Canada will done by CBC and includes cbcsports.ca (web-streaming), CBC TV (main network), and CBC Bold (digital cable specialty channel).

The listing below are in Central Daylight Time. Some of these are simulcast across the country so times will be different depending on your time zone, and some are not simulcast so the times will be the same regardless of time zone. As always your best bet is to check your local listings.

cbcsports.ca

Sat Oct 22 2:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Dance Short & Men's Free Programs

Sun Oct 23 1:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Women's Short, Pairs Short, and Dance Free Programs

CBC Television

Sat Oct 22 2:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Dance Short & Men's Free Programs

Sun Oct 23 3:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Women's Short, Pairs Short, and Dance Free Programs

Mon Oct 24 12:30 AM
    CBC Sports Late Night: Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America Pairs and Womens Free Programs

CBC Bold

Wed Nov 2 11:00 PM

Thu Nov 3 11:00 PM

Fri Nov 4 11:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Pairs and Women's Free Programs

Here is the link to the CBC webpage with their entire skating schedule for this winter. Click on the source name near the top to change the schedule to cbcsports.ca, CBC TV, or CBC Bold.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Not NBC. It will be on UnivSports, live at the first airing @ 4:30pm on Sunday, Oct 23.

That promises to be a doozy of an afternoon...SIX straight hours of Pairs & Ladies coverage on UnivSports, beginning with taped coverage of the earlier Prs/Ladies SPs from 1:30-4:30pm, then the LIVE coverage of Prs/Ladies finals from 4:30-7:30pm EST. Wheeee!!!!

What's not-so-nice is the splitting of the Skate Canada (& certain other GP events) coverage over different weekends, so that, in the US, we will actually DVR some of Cup of China before we can DVR the remainder of coverage of the Skate Canada Ladies finals. grrr...time to juggle the DVD disks to keep coverage of specific competitions together...
    I hope since the Ladies and Pairs is on UnivSports and not NBC that means the Icenetwork will stream it live otherwise i am screwed since i don't get the Universal Sports channel.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I hope since the Ladies and Pairs is on UnivSports and not NBC that means the Icenetwork will stream it live otherwise i am screwed since i don't get the Universal Sports channel.
    The icenetwork schedule is the first post in this thread.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Ice Network/NBC schedule Please add additional broadcasts as available.
    All times EST
    Friday, Oct. 21
    10:05 p.m.: Men's short program
    11:45 p.m.: Short dance
    Saturday, Oct. 22
    2:35 p.m.: Men's free skate (first group ONLY)*
    4:30 p.m.: Free dance (first group ONLY)*
    10:00 p.m.: Pairs short program
    11:25 p.m.: Ladies short program
    Sunday, Oct. 23
    4:05 p.m.: Pairs free skate
    5:45 p.m.: Ladies free skate
    *The second group of both the men's free skate and the free dance on Saturday, Oct. 22, will not be shown live on icenetwork.com but rather broadcast live on NBC. Please check your local NBC affiliate for broadcast information.
    Thank you for the info. I found this in the TV schedule from IceNetwork:

Oct. 22, 2011 - 2011 Hilton Honors Skate America - Men's Free Skate & Free Dance - NBC 3:00 - 6:00 pm eastern time
    (2:00 - 5:00 pm central)
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Skate America IS on NBC - Today (Saturday). It's 1:00 PM Mountain Time. I have no idea what time that is in the east as our schedule gets delayed a lot. There is no broadcast listed for tomorrow so I guess men's and dance are only on Universal.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Better check your local broadcast. My NBC station is only showing 30 minutes of skating and if the football game goes over, they won't even show that. They have other programs in place including another football game.

vCash
    Better check your local broadcast. My NBC station is only showing 30 minutes of skating and if the football game goes over, they won't even show that. They have other programs in place including another football game.
    That really sucks.

And I am not too happy with the shenanigans that Ice Network pulled during Meryl and Charlie's program last night, either. I get that they're probably showing part of it on tv today, but to block out the second half with a dumb rugby advertisement? Really? The only reason that I subscribed to them at all this year is because of this competition, and then to go and block out one of the main attractions.... despicable!

vCash
    We aren't getting any skating at all- a very important football game between two teeny tiny universities is being shown (the "big" regional game is on right now).

I had a feeling this would be happening when they released the 'skating on Saturdays' schedule

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    We aren't getting any skating at all- a very important football game between two teeny tiny universities is being shown (the "big" regional game is on right now).

I had a feeling this would be happening when they released the 'skating on Saturdays' schedule
    That's what's happening here as well. I had the same feeling. I don't expect to see any skating on NBC.

And that wouldn't have been ice networks fault regarding Davis and White. They are only getting the feed from NBC. If you want to blame an entity; blame the correct one. It wasn't IN's doing.

vCash
    It's on now and NBC is showing Men's free - live.

vCash
    So is there any way to see the pairs shorts and the ladies shorts tonight? Can any of these channels be helpfull? : http://onlinetvi.com/de/category/sport/

vCash
    That's what's happening here as well. I had the same feeling. I don't expect to see any skating on NBC.

And that wouldn't have been ice networks fault regarding Davis and White. They are only getting the feed from NBC. If you want to blame an entity; blame the correct one. It wasn't IN's doing.
    Okay, then I'll blame NBC. Pretty darn dirty.

vCash
    Today Sunday NBC is showing Rugby!!!! No skating, as some have noted above. That sucks.

vCash
    My cable company wants $15.00/mo to add Universal Sports. Any internet links most appreciated.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    NBC sucks. Local football sucks. That is all.

vCash
    My NBC affiliate (Denver) isn't showing skating at all. And IceNetwork isn't working for me -- I ended up watching the Eurosport feed. Ice Network's idiotic customer service reps just sent me this in response to my email about having trouble using IceNetwork to see Skate America on a Mac (OSX 10.6.8) running Safari 5.1 - "In order to improve the quality of your experience on MLB.com, we recommend you occasionally clean out the temporary Internet files in Internet Explorer." MLB.com???? IE???? Are they really idiots, or just acting that way?

I'm either getting a refund or disputing the charge on my credit card; this is ridiculous.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    How many actually thought football wouldn't trump skating on a Saturday? There was an online streaming NBC thread which worked quite well. I suggest people start looking for alternative viewing options prior to Friday. And it would help if they were all in one thread like last season.

vCash
    In the Ladies SkAm thread, there was a link to Eurosport that worked wonders! Thanks to whoever posted!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12