Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Even though he's still a very large guy, he looks like he has lost quite a bit of weight around his middle. You can see it if you compare last night's episode to the first episode. The first episode is also the only episode where he danced and was not bad. It was kind of surprising--a lot of us were all for him at that point. I went back and checked the thread.

So while I agree that his weight is probably an issue on the faster dances, I don't think it's entirely or even mostly because of his weight. Unlike the other stars, he doesn't seem to enjoy being there AT ALL. He seemed disappointed that he wasn't in the bottom and was the only one in the package last night who didn't make some comment to the effect of as hard as it is, it's worth it and I'm glad I did it. Chaz seems so defeated, and that IMO is a bigger issue than his weight.
    I get the impression he wanted to do the show to make a point, but planned on leaving early on. I agree that he's not invested in staying on the show.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post

OOH, let's have DWTS do that and just like with the USFS Michelle Kwan Trophy he would never be allowed to win it again!!!!!
    But the USFS didn't remove MK's eligibility for the award until she had won it 7 times. Could you really stand Derek winning another 4 times?!?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I get the impression he wanted to do the show to make a point, but planned on leaving early on. I agree that he's not invested in staying on the show.
    Watching some of the people who, to me, look like thirty-somethings, but are actually in their 40's, I wonder how much of this is the physical toll this is taking, and how much pain and discomfort they are in.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I wish that his "supporters" would realize that; and send/allow him to go home.
    The point he was trying to make could be lost, if he becomes a "joke".

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I think he made his point: has anyone, anywhere, not called him a "he" since day one? He's a he, he dances as a he, we all view him as such....but he's not fun to watch dance!

Bristol was nice, tried hard, and like Nancy seemed to actually learn to dance (not do showy stuff, but dance well, which which was down to Mark teaching well.) Kyle didn't have Jennifer Grey's technique, he wasn't getting votes for being hot, but he was good and he was joyful. EVERYONE left besides Chaz is a better dancer except possibly Carson, and Carson just brings sheer delight. He's like a kid who can't believe he's at Disney World and having a great time.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    .... The point he was trying to make could be lost, if he becomes a "joke".
    Too late.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I spotted SYTYCDancer Kayla Radomski, Tucker Barkley (SYTYCD Canada choreographer), and SYTYCD green miler Paula Van Oppen in the Footloose number. I guess Kayla got some work on the film, and Allison Holker and Comfort Fedoke made the credits.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Watching some of the people who, to me, look like thirty-somethings, but are actually in their 40's, I wonder how much of this is the physical toll this is taking, and how much pain and discomfort they are in.
    But then you need to contrast that with Kirstie Alley, who was overweight and 60. After seeing what she accomplished, I have little sympathy for the "stars" in their 40s. I'm pretty sure my mom could do at least as well as Carson, and she's 61 and pleasantly plump.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    But then you need to contrast that with Kirstie Alley, who was overweight and 60. After seeing what she accomplished, I have little sympathy for the "stars" in their 40s. I'm pretty sure my mom could do at least as well as Carson, and she's 61 and pleasantly plump.
    It takes a physical toll on everyone, even people like Evan, who was in prime Olympic condition.

Kirstie Alley may have been overweight, but by the time she came on the show she was no longer obese. She'd also been adhering to a consistent work out routine for more than a year. Maks still joked that she almost passed out at their first rehearsal.

Chaz isn't fat, he's huge. Like nearly 300 pounds huge. I think the only part of a gym he sees is the juice bar.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Poor Chaz. He was doomed from the start. Mother is Cher who he couldn't compete with as a girl, father was a US Congressman and his brother Elijah is hot in ways Chaz will never be. He's also musically talented.

vCash
    Poor Chaz. He was doomed from the start. Mother is Cher who he couldn't compete with as a girl, father was a US Congressman and his brother Elijah is hot in ways Chaz will never be. He's also musically talented.
    On Monday night Cher looked like a drag queen, so Chaz can't even keep up in the GLBT sweepstakes.

What I admire most about Elijah is that he maintains a very private, low profile life. Does he still play in Cher's band? He dispels Chaz's bogus assertion that everything he does is public. It's public because he makes it public.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    On Monday night Cher looked like a drag queen, so Chaz can't even keep up in the GLBT sweepstakes.

What I admire most about Elijah is that he maintains a very private, low profile life. Does he still play in Cher's band? He dispels Chaz's bogus assertion that everything he does is public. It's public because he makes it public.
    According to his wiki page, no, he's not playing in Cher's band. He's working solo and living in Germany.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I didn't even know Cher had another child!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Elijah Blue is her son with Gregg Allman.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    He dispels Chaz's bogus assertion that everything he does is public. It's public because he makes it public.
    Chaz's medical transformation is pretty boring in comparison to JR's. Choosing to ingest male hormones and growing a beard as a result? Not interesting. Undergoing three years of skin grafts after a landmine attack in Iraq? Intriguing.

If some people are voting based on the the contestant's perceived courage, JR should get those votes.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Chynna complaining that the show is a popularity contest and not a dancing competition. I do agree with her point, but if this were a real dance competition, would the judges have been so generous with someone who forgot the dance half way through?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    DWTS ratings have really dropped this season. Apparently, most people are complaining about the lack of any celebrity to really care about or get behind. Or that can actually dance. Apart from Carson, who is at least funny, and JR who can dance, I don't care about any of the *stars.* I vote for the pros I like.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Chynna complaining that the show is a popularity contest and not a dancing competition. I do agree with her point, but if this were a real dance competition, would the judges have been so generous with someone who forgot the dance half way through?
    i agree with you both and if we were in season 1 she might have a point

but unless she never watched the show, she should be aware of all of this by now
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Doubtful.
    I guess her fanbase wasn't as big as she thought!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    this is the most exposure she has had in years which is probably the real reason she was on it
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast