Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i admit there isnt a lot of actual dancing from camp bono, however, i cant wuzrob krob (if he ever leaves) who moves like he is wearing a diaper filled w poo. also not sorry to see china leave, she reminded me of when cindy brady freaked out on the quiz show. i'd also like to see that cox spouse leave. i can see him soliciting a quickie in an airport bathroom.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    The novelty of Chaz is over. Please, god, go home next week, and let the dancing competition begin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    The novelty of Chaz is over. Please, god, go home next week, and let the dancing competition begin.

If only.

Is this ever really a dancing competition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

If only.

Good point! Thanks for reminding me!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    OMG! How can Clomp-Clomp Bono still even be IN this competition. EVERYONE (Nancy and David and Rob included) deserve to stay over him, and the fact he's not even in the bottom 3...
    They always say, "though not necessarily the bottom three". I only remember once in the entire history of the show when they said that the last two were actually the bottom two.

...is just sick.
    Come on. "Just sick"...is children dying of starvation. How celebrities fair on a reality show is really not much to get worked up about.

I fully expect to see him win.
    Dramatic, much?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I haven't watched either show this week yet, but you've all got me curious. I've fast forwarded through each of Derek and Ricki's dances so far this season because I'm afraid of breaking my tv when I get the overwhelming urge to punch him out, but I may suck it up and watch this week. Maybe.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ actually, it was kinda good. Much as I don't like to like Derek, I did think it was good and the intro and exit gimmick was kinda cool.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    A gimmick not really different than those other pros do and Len always calls them on and always scores them down on. A gimmick is a gimmick.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    A gimmick not really different than those other pros do and Len always calls them on and always scores them down on. A gimmick is a gimmick.
    Tom mentioned to Len before the first round of comments that because of movie week they were allowed to have "stuff" at the beginning and the end of the dance.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Yay!! People voted for Maks' tight jeans Hope!!!
    I used all 18 of my phone/text votes for Maks ... and Hope. If I had thought that there was any chance that JR was in danger, I would have given him half.

Too bad that Chynna forgot her steps on Monday -- I would have much preferred Rob K be the one sent home. Oh well, I'll count my "blessings" that Maks is still around for another week -- and I'm OK with Nancy Grace staying, because I only watch Tristan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

If only.

That said, someone occasionally surprises. (Apolo).

Chaz's message has been sent, and received.
    It should be time for him to go; but, Cher's fanbase is huge.
    They will probably keep him in.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I'm OK with Nancy Grace staying, because I only watch Tristan.
    Who cares about Nancy Grace? It's all about Tristan. And his chest hair.

Bye Chynna. I think people didn't like the fact that she was so overscored more than that she screwed up so badly. If she got poor marks, I bet more people would have voted for her out of pity. So I think the judges hurt her more than helped her.

I was hoping it would be Rob's time to go, though. BTW, Bruce Jenner looks like a different person. Again. A few more cycles and maybe he's going to get his original face back. His family must miss him, they haven't seen him in decades.

As much as I enjoy watching Derek, his sister, not so much. She did all the moves but I was waiting for her to start dancing and she never did. I can't remember the last time I felt such disconnect between what someone was doing and what they were supposed to be doing.

Carson's reaction to not going home was sweet.

Chaz is out of his element. I wonder what difference would it make if he wasn't so fat.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post

I was hoping it would be Rob's time to go, though. BTW, Bruce Jenner looks like a different person. Again. A few more cycles and maybe he's going to get his original face back. His family must miss him, they haven't seen him in decades.
    Thank God I was just LIFTING the mug of hot coffee when I read that and hadn't actually taken a sip. I have a lecture to give this afternoon; I can't short out the laptop with the power point on it with spewed coffee.

Though one of the 'hidden gems' this week was apparently Jenner lip-syncing along with Tom's teleprompter and I couldn't recognize him the picture, so you may actually have a point...

Given some of the aside comments from some of these photo bloggers, I somehow think Nancy is staying less on the strenght of her show viewers and people who hate Casey Anthony (not that there isn't a gigantic overlap in THAT Venn diagram) than on the strength of people who want Tristan and his chest hair to stick around another week. (When I mentioned I was voting for Nancy or rather for Tristan, my new pro actually said "Ooooh" like that and I had to explain, no, no, just good old fashioned ballroom nepotism.)

vCash
    I skimmed the dance and results shows on my DVR. Looks like Derek can do no wrong. They really should rename this show "Dancing with the Houghs."

Maybe - ala MK - Derek will win so many times that they'll rename the Mirrorball Trophy the Derek Hough Mirrorball Trophy.

As for Chaz, I can't get worked up about it. Every season there is always some awful dancer who overstays his/her welcome because of a crazy fanbase that wants to make a point. It infuriated me when Bristol Palin was around, but now I'm just resigned to it. Whatever.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    lots of people here voted for bristol because they liked her in spite of her mother, not because of her

every lady in my office is voting for chaz. i can assure you none of them is doing it to make a point. they just really like chaz as a person.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    Chaz is out of his element. I wonder what difference would it make if he wasn't so fat.
    Even though he's still a very large guy, he looks like he has lost quite a bit of weight around his middle. You can see it if you compare last night's episode to the first episode. The first episode is also the only episode where he danced and was not bad. It was kind of surprising--a lot of us were all for him at that point. I went back and checked the thread.

So while I agree that his weight is probably an issue on the faster dances, I don't think it's entirely or even mostly because of his weight. Unlike the other stars, he doesn't seem to enjoy being there AT ALL. He seemed disappointed that he wasn't in the bottom and was the only one in the package last night who didn't make some comment to the effect of as hard as it is, it's worth it and I'm glad I did it. Chaz seems so defeated, and that IMO is a bigger issue than his weight.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Clueless American
    vCash
    I didn't mind Kristen leaving last week since I didn't care for her, but I loved Chynna.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    every lady in my office is voting for chaz. i can assure you none of them is doing it to make a point. they just really like chaz as a person.
    On the way to work this morning, the radio station I was listening to mentioned, "our two favorites were safe last night, Carson and Chaz," in a way as though she was speaking for the whole listening area, like the general consensus of who likes who based on people that have called in to talk about the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I skimmed the dance and results shows on my DVR. Looks like Derek can do no wrong. They really should rename this show "Dancing with the Houghs."

Maybe - ala MK - Derek will win so many times that they'll rename the Mirrorball Trophy the Derek Hough Mirrorball Trophy.

As for Chaz, I can't get worked up about it. Every season there is always some awful dancer who overstays his/her welcome because of a crazy fanbase that wants to make a point. It infuriated me when Bristol Palin was around, but now I'm just resigned to it. Whatever.
    Yes, but even though she wasn't that great, she could still dance circles around Chaz.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post

OOH, let's have DWTS do that and just like with the USFS Michelle Kwan Trophy he would never be allowed to win it again!!!!!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast